[Tome] Dungeons and Druddigons Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

If it's cool with rad, I think I'm just gonna go with the helmet angel thing as my pokemon. Still have to decide on a character though.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

That depends on what you want to do with your Cassisian:
  • If it uses the Lust or Trickery domain you could go with ACF Ninja and have your Pokemon spam invis on you to enable Surprise. The second domain would be to-taste, but I personally think Trickery/Drow would be neat for spammable Clairaudience/Clairvoyance. Super-stealthy super-scout.
  • Summoning is a real option with a Cassisian. It is pretty good by itself, and if you can convince Prak to allow Dragon Below you would have the makings of a sick combo. Any martial or buffing class pairs well.
  • If you're looking for crowd control, Slime has Grease, Plant has Entangle, and a bunch of domains have fog spells. Blackwater has little to offer at the moment, but gets Black Tentacles next spell level. Shadow has Obscuring Mist and Darkness now, and pays off big later with Shadow Evocation and Shadow Conjuration.
  • Spell is neat in that it can maintain a party-wide Mage Armor, but you'd have to ask Prak how Anyspell/Greater Anyspell would work with spell-likes.
  • Any domain with illusion spells is, as always, crazy depending on how creative you get with it. Illusion, Gnome, and Creation are the most likely candidates at this level
I went ahead and dropped a Cassisian myself in my last control slot since it's Light-typed. I'm going with a utility Oracle/Creation domain set though, so don't expect to see him in combat unless things get really desperate.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Mask_De_H wrote:If it's cool with rad, I think I'm just gonna go with the helmet angel thing as my pokemon. Still have to decide on a character though.
I don't mind everyone else having cassisians, but we should probably come up with some sort of linked backstory or something to make it a bit more plausible. I'm still not entirely sure what domains I want yet, so go nuts.
Pixels wrote:[*]Spell is neat in that it can maintain a party-wide Mage Armor, but you'd have to ask Prak how Anyspell/Greater Anyspell would work with spell-likes.
It also has Silence, which can cut off a Pokemon from its trainer's control (Unless it's psychic or something. Well a trainer could gesture/mime instructions, but it should probably take some sort of penalty if it's still following orders). If I keep my Abra out, our team can still communicate telepathically even if one of us has completely silenced a region.

On another note, tentatively requesting the completely made up Crafting Mega Domain (takes two domains):
Crafting Mega Domain

Powers: +2 CL for Conjuration (Creation) and Transmutation spells

1: Cloth Shape, Unseen Servant
2: Wood Shape, Make Whole
3: Shrink Item, Stone Shape
4: Major Creation, Metal Shape
5: Fabricate, Wall of Stone
6: Wall of Iron, ????
7: Magnificent Mansion, Limited Wish
8: Polymorph any Object, True Creation
9: ????, ????
I'm open to suggestions to modify it or pick different domains.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, I missed the whole "At will domains" thing. I'm ok with it, but I'm considering making Cassisians into mini-arceuses, ie, plate holders, and the plate gives them their domains.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Ah, so we wouldn't start out with plates, we'd have to find them? I'm cool with that. It opens up some sweet side-quest possibilities.

I also like the idea of a shared backstory around finding Cassisian eggs or meeting a Malikim during an equinox at the top of Mt Helmet or whatever. It could give us a better reason for how we all met up and decided to tackle the gyms together.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That'd be cool.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

That fits pokemon lore rather nicely. I'm down with plate hunting sidequests.

Btw guys, since I'm playing a crafter, all your mundane stuff costs a third the normal price as long as the craft DC is 20 or under (25 or under for alchemical items).
Pixels wrote:Mt Helmet
:rofl:
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Clearly it's a planar bleed of Celestia.

Ok, so roster, for my own and everyone else's reference-
Radthemad4- Unnamed, Feytouched Pokemaster [Abra, Happiny, Torchic, Zorua, Terlen, Cassisian; non-controlled MB half-celestial Lt. warhorse]
Pixels- Luca, Aasimar Pokemaster [Vivacious Nixie, Meditite, Venonat, MB Fleshraker, MB half-celestial Lt. warhorse, Cassisian]
Darth Rabbit- Kentaro, Kitsune Warlock [Corrolax]
[meatspace friend] Human Dragonfire Adept [Dratini, Charmander]

MIA Players
Ogrebattle- ??? [Nidoran and/or tentacool]
BearsAreBrown- ???
Mask de h- ???

So, I'm poking my meatspace friend to come be part of the thread, and since two players have pet half-celestials, I'm going to say that the Mt. Helmet group origin story also allowed people to catch/make friends with magebred half-celestial horses. If it's not one of your controlled pokemon, that of course limits it's usability in combat, somewhat, since it will not act like a summoned creature, but rather one that you tell what to do by teaching tricks and using handle animal.

Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

Hey, guys. One of Prak's meatspace friends. Planning on playing a Human Dragonfire Adept ACF trainer. The idea is that he is becoming more in touch with his dragon heritage, bonding with his pokemon as brothers rather than merely pets. He has a charmander and a dratini as his pokemon at this point, and he's trained to fight along-side them as much as having them fight for him.

Read through the thread. I'm okay with side-quests, I know I'll have some things I'll need to go hunting for, though I don't have much interest in the cassisian for this character. So I talked with Prak and I'm going to start with a dragon egg as my reward for climbing...Mt Helmet, though I don't know what kind of dragon it'll be yet.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, Rad, that non-controlled MB warhorse- you have a full complement of pokemon, so I take it you don't keep it in a ball, it just follows you around like a normal horse? (past six full 'balls, pokemon are shunted into a dimensional pocket.)

Assuming this is the case, as a half-celestial horse, it has an int of 4, and speaks celestial, so basically you have a fairly dim npc henchman who you ride, and it'll be played as such.

Edit: Also, the Cassisian mountain is called Mt. Armoury. If anyone knows of other equipment celestials, those can also be found there, and I'm thinking honedges may as well, maybe. There are equipment demons (from an issue of Dragon) that can be found there as well--the mountain was "created" as a sort of prison for those demons, so they're deeper inside.
Last edited by Prak on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I was originally considering swapping something out for it, but a mount cohort sounds cool. Would it still get the benefits of being a pokemon, i.e. it's Int equaling my Handle Animal ranks next level, me getting to evolve it later on, etc.?

Welcome to the Den Griffinsummoner.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Only if you decide to make it part of your retinue and have a ball for it.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro's Corollax is a 4HD Lesser Phantom Corollax, although he'd definitely be cool with a Honedge or Cassisian (especially if he can snag a Necromancy plate on it) or an equipment demon (what Dragon magazine are they in?)

Kentaro's character sheet is here. I just need to put in languages (which I haven't done yet because I know neither Kitsune starting languages nor Realms languages).

A Magebred Mule costs 16 gp (mule costs 8 gp, magebred is twice normal cost), and will carry Kentaro's gold for him if I can buy one (after adjusting his wealth to factor in rad's discount, it weighs too much for him to carry). It's not a Pokemon, just a pack animal. If Kentaro is tired he can ride it, because it's a swift breed and thus moves as fast as he does. So I guess I'm asking, can I buy one? (it's a cheap CR 2 animal so I figure it's worth asking.) I've written it in for now but I can easily edit it out.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Battleoths, Dragon 306, though they should probably be modified slightly to work more like the Cassisian.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

There's also the Fiend of Possession PrC from the Fiend Folio, which lets an evil outsider possess items and add their class level in enhancement bonus/equivalent abilities. If you want to use it, it would need some tweaking to fit in the Tome economy. The requirements are also difficult to reach before CR 3, so it isn't an option for another couple of levels.

Welcome, Griffinsummoner! Glad to have you on board.

@rad: Sweet, the crafting price cut lets me bump my Meditite's armor up to full plate and a shield, and gives me enough slack to pick up another masterwork tool to boot. Extremely fancy. Barring any other big shifts in resources available, I've got everything on my end locked down except for the communal backstory.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

We're just going to say that Faerunian Kitsune start with Nothongo and Common.

MB Mule is fine.

And yeah, if you want a battleoth, I'll rework it a bit.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

If I'm getting a Half Celestial Magebred Light Warhorse as a cohort, it's probably fair if Darth gets one too. Though, he might prefer a Half Fiend one instead.

Battleoths advance by Character Class by the way, but they seem rather fitting so you could just waive that for them.

I stumbled across the Impossible Bloodline from Pathfinder a short while back. It has a rather nifty bloodline power:
Impossible Bloodline wrote:Spontaneous Generation: At 3rd level, you gain Craft Wondrous Item as a bonus feat. In addition, when you craft a magic item (except a potion, a spell-trigger item, or a spell-completion item), you may ignore one spell prerequisite without increasing the creation DC. You can ignore an additional spell prerequisite at 9th, 15th, and 20th levels.
Pathfinder has the Eldritch Heritage feat chain which could be fused easily enough into a Tome feat. The other bloodline powers aren't really things I'm particularly interested in, so I'll request this for my 6th level feat:
Eldritch Heritage (Impossible Bloodline)
You can see beyond the mundane, and are capable of visualizing the improbable, and even the impossible. If this expanded perception doesn't drive you mad, you may learn to make the impossible into reality.

Benefits:

1 HD: Knowledge Engineering and Use Magic Device become class skills for you and you get Skill Focus (Knowledge Engineering) as a bonus feat. For crafting purposes your Caster Level equals your HD.
3 HD: Spontaneous Generation: At 3rd level, you can Craft Wondrous Items. In addition, when you craft a magic item (except a potion, a spell-trigger item, or a spell-completion item), you may ignore one spell prerequisite without increasing the creation DC. You can ignore an additional spell prerequisite at 9th, 15th, and 20th levels.
6 HD: You can Craft Magical Arms and Armor
11 HD: Craft Constructs and Rings
16 HD: ???????
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Prak wrote:The North Region Gyms are:
  • Hellgate Keep of the High Forest- Lead by Akarin, a Tiefling specializing in Dark types
  • Eagalion's Nest of the Savage Frontiers- Lead by Kralgar Bonesnapper, a Human barbarian chief who specializes in Flying types
  • Mithral Hall of the Silver Marches- Lead by Bruenor Battlehammer, a Dwarf who specializes in Steel types
  • Bryn Shander of Icewind Dale- Lead by Cassius, a Human Paladin who specializes in Ice types
  • Undermountain, "Secret" city of Icewind Dale- Lead by Halaster Blackcloak, a mad artificer who specializes in Ghost types
  • Waterdeep- Lead by a masked leader, only known to be of the ruling council, who specializes in Water types
  • Neverwinter- Lead by Lord Nasher, a Human who specializes in Fire types
  • Silverymoon- Lead by Alustriel Silverhand, an Elf wizard who specializes in Psychic types
Starting area is negotiable, gym order is at your guys' discretion.
Koumei wrote: Gym Badges:
These show the world how awesome the bearer is, and also provide small boosts in power to their pokemon, along with the teaching of certain moves.
[*]Aqua Badge: for mastery of Water Type Pokemon. Your [Water] Pokemon ignore obstructions in water, like mud, tangling seaweed, strong currents, foam and so on, and can climb waterfalls and move through whirlpools with ease. Additionally, you can teach all of your Pokemon Bubble Beam (Su): it unleashes a Short Line effect that deals 2d6 damage, plus the Pokemon's hit dice plus Charisma Bonus, with a Reflex Save for half damage (Charisma-based). Those who fail the save have froth, foam and bubbles obscuring their vision and are Blinded for one round. This is a [Water] effect that can be used at will.
[*]Boulder Badge: for mastery of Rock Type Pokemon. All of your [Rock] Pokemon have Tremorsense out to Close Range, and gain a Burrow Speed equal to half their normal speed. Additionally, each of your pokemon can cast Stone Shape (Sp) once per hour as a [Rock] effect.
[*]Cinder Badge: for mastery of Fire Type Pokemon. All of your [Fire] Pokemon ignore all adverse weather, and provide an aura (with a radius equal to their size) of protection from environmental cold, hail, snow and rain. Additionally, you can teach each of your Pokemon to cast Fireball (Sp) once per hour. A failed save results in all consumable items on the target being consumed by the fire. This is a [Fire] effect.
[*]Dusk Badge: for mastery of Dark Type Pokemon. All of your [Dark] Pokemon are "immune" to Tremorsense, Scent, Blindsense, Blindsight and similar "You automatically lose at Stealth" type things - they are able to use Hide and Move Silently as though everyone lacked those abilities. You can also teach all of your pokemon the Pursuit (Ex) ability: any time an opponent leaves their Threatened Square, even with a Withdraw movement or by Tumbling, they may take an Attack of Opportunity as a [Dark] effect. If it hits, it is an automatic Critical Hit.
[*]Eerie Badge: for mastery of Ghost Type Pokemon. All of your [Ghost] Pokemon can see through any object they are touching or inside, so they can do ambush attacks from inside walls. Also, you can teach your Pokemon Hex (Su): with a Standard Action, it can level a Hex upon a foe it can see. The foe must pass a Will Save (Charisma-based, with a +2 racial bonus) or suffer 4 nonlethal damage per hit die. If the foe is suffering from any affliction, such as being on fire, they suffer a -3 penalty on the Saving Throw and suffer double damage on a failed Save. This can be used once per minute. This is a [Ghost] effect. .
[*]Ferrous Badge: for mastery of Steel Type Pokemon. All of your [Steel] Pokemon are Immune to Stunning, and you can teach all of your Pokemon Iron Head (Ex): they get a [Steel] type Slam that deals 1d8 (Medium) plus 1.5x Strength Bonus, and the foe must pass a Fort Save (Strength-based) or be Staggered for 1 round.
[*]Glacier Badge: for mastery of Ice Type Pokemon. All of your [Ice] Pokemon generate sufficient frost and mist to outline all invisible foes within 30' like Glitterdust, and increases any Miss Chance they have against enemy attacks by 10%. Additionally, you can teach your Pokemon Icy Breath (Ex): once per minute they can use a Standard Action to make a Ranged Touch Attack out to Close Range. This deals 1d6 + Hit Dice + Charisma Bonus in Cold damage, and any hit is a Critical Hit - so absent immunities to critical hits and any special critical multipliers, it always deals 2d6 + 2*(Hit Dice + Charisma Bonus). This is an [Ice] effect. In a Contest, any success of this is a huge success.
[*]Hurricane Badge: for mastery of Flying Type Pokemon. All of your [Flying] Pokemon increase their Manoeuvrability to (Perfect). Additionally, you can teach your Pokemon Tailwind (Sp): they can cast Mass Haste once each per day as a [Flying] effect. In a Contest, using this means they automatically go first on the following turn.
[*]Insect Badge: for mastery of Bug Type Pokemon. All of your [Bug] Pokemon ignore Cover for all of their attacks, except for 100% Cover (aka "On the other side of a solid wall, literally no way to attack"). Additionally, you can teach all of your Pokemon to cast Sudden Swarm as a [Bug] Spell-Like Ability once each per hour.
[*]Kinesis Badge: for mastery of Psychic Type Pokemon. All of your [Psychic] Pokemon are able to read your mind and co-ordinate their actions to what you want, even if you are dominated into giving a different command, or are sleeping. Additionally, all of your Pokemon can cast Ego Whip (Charisma-based) once per day as a [Psychic] Spell-Like Ability.
[*]Martial Badge: for mastery of Fighting Type Pokemon. All of your [Fighting] Pokemon gain Scrappy as a Bonus Feat. Additionally, you can teach all of your pokemon Bulk-Up (Su): they may grow one size category with a Standard Action, gaining all effects of such. This lasts for a minute and cannot be used again while still in effect. This is a [Fighting] effect.
[*]Plains Badge: for mastery of Ground Type Pokemon. All of your [Ground] Pokemon gain either Sand Rush, Sandstream or Sand Veil as a Bonus Feat (but still can't have both Sandstream and either of the others). Additionally, all of your Pokemon can learn Soften Earth (Sp), casting it as a [Ground] effect at will.
[*]Royal Badge: for mastery of Dragon Type Pokemon. All of your [Dragon] Pokemon double their Movement Speeds and can Detect Gold and Gems out to 500 feet. Additionally, you can teach all of your Pokemon Dragon Pulse (Su): it gains a Breath Weapon that can be used once per 4 rounds, reaching into a Medium Cone. All in the area take 1d6 damage per hit die with a Reflex Save for half (Charisma-based). Those that fail the save must make a Will Save (same DC) or be Confused for 1 minute. This is a [Dragon] effect.
[*]Steady Badge: for mastery of Normal Type Pokemon. All of your [Normal] Pokemon gain Mood Maker as a Bonus Feat. Additionally, you can teach all of your Pokemon Facade (Ex): with a Standard Action, it can make a Slam attack (1d8 + double Strength Bonus) which is a [Normal] effect. For each harmful status condition the user is afflicted by (such as Nausea, Fatigue, Anchoring, Confusion, Poison, Disease, [Fear] effects and so on), raise the damage die one "size" and add a +1 Enhancement Bonus to the attack and damage roll.
[*]Toxin Badge: for mastery of Poison Type Pokemon. All of your [Poison] Pokemon can see through all smoke, mists, clouds, and such, and all liquids, and your Pokemon can each cast Stinking Cloud (Charisma-based) once per hour as a [Poison] Spell-Like Ability.
[*]Volt Badge: for mastery of Electric Type Pokemon. All of your [Electric] Pokemon radiate light as per Ghost Lantern and can activate electrical machinery as though by Telekinesis. Additionally, you can teach all of your Pokemon Shockwave (Su): the pokemon spends a Standard Action, and all adjacent creatures are automatically hit for 1d6 Electricity damage plus its Charisma Bonus plus its Hit Dice. This even hits Ethereal and Incorporeal creatures, and those with any amount of Cover or Concealment.
Note that any given Pokemon can only know one 'Badge' move at a time. Learning a new one will overwrite the existing one.
I 'd like to challenge the flying gym in the Savage Frontier first. I want my Torchic (and other fliers, but mostly it as it's clumsy) to get perfect maneuvarability.

Also, it's close to the High Forest, Silver Marches, Neverwinter and Waterdeep for wherever we want to go next.

We'll probably want to go to Neverwinter before Icewind Dale for the Environmental protection aura from the cold. I don't feel particularly strongly about the first gym or the gym order (if you guys want to start somewhere else, I'm fine with that), but I think I'd like to start some distance away from a Gym and spend some time travelling, battling passing trainer groups, fighting off bandits, hearing rumors about Team Zhentar, etc. on the way to the gym.
FR wiki on the Savage Frontier wrote:
The Savage Frontier is a region in the subcontinent of Faerûn that includes the lands north of the Delimbiyr river that are not strictly part of the High Forest, the Silver Marches, the Sword Coast or Waterdeep. It is located between the Silver Marches and the Sword Coast, where the cities of Neverwinter and Luskan lie.

Contrary to its name, much of the area is really no more a savage frontier than other parts of the Realms and is quite civilized (Ed Greenwood once compared this to similar naming for cities in the US West). However, broader conflicts, such as those between Luskan and Waterdeep and frequent troubles with the Zhentarim do make the area a dangerous one.

Locations
Locations in the Savage Frontier include the northerly port city of Luskan, the town of Loudwater on the Delimbiyr River, and the town of Nesmé, which fell to troll aggressors in 1370 DR.

The rivers Dessarin and Surbrin also flow through the Savage Frontier.
Could we get other badges from Unofficial Gyms?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Prak, I remembered that I wanted to play a Magical Warrior at some point, and figure that this game will be as good an opportunity as any. Can I take it (once I reach the appropriate level, of course), and if so what (if any) Warlock stuff can I advance with it? (I take it that my Regalia weapon would be my Eldritch Blast, ceasing to advance in dice.) What dark patrons are available in Faerun? Are there any that would be particularly appealing to Kentaro's portfolio?

Anyhow, Kentaro would probably want to start with trying to get the Ghost Badge, but I don't know what the hell happens if a Lesser Phantom Creature tries to hide in rocks (since they shift between corporeal and incorporeal, it's possible that it would just shunt them out). It would be pretty fucking awesome for walls to suddenly shoot out Color Sprays though. Legitimately, though, I'm fairly open to starting wherever.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'll ok the Eldritch Heritage feat.

I need to double check, but I think the quoted badges are for absolute mastery, not rolling up and taking on the low level challenge. Ie, you'd need to become a gym leader to get those, or pass a specific test.

Unofficial gyms are a possibility.

Let me work out some possibilities for Magical Warrior, but I'm not opposed to it in theory. It just gets a bit complex in a pokemon game, but I figure you'll basically have TR's Meowth (not necessarily a meowth).

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

I'm an idiot. I just got that "Eagalion's Nest" probably is Prak's name for Griffon's Nest. I had plotted out the rest of the gyms but was scratching my head on that one because I couldn't find any references to it anywhere. Also, isn't Undermountain under Waterdeep, not Icewind Dale?

The maneuverability bump only applies to Flying-type Pokemon, so wouldn't your Torchic not get it? It's Fire, and later Fire/Fighting.

As far as route goes, there are four relatively out-of-the-way gyms - Hellgate Keep, Waterdeep/Undermountain, and Icewind Dale. My personal preference is to start at Hellgate Keep, knock out the nearby gyms of Silverymoon, Mithral Hall, and Griffon's Nest, then follow the Surbin and Dessarin south to Waterdeep/Undermountain, and finally take the Sword Coast up past Neverwinter to Icewind Dale. If the badges have Koumei's abilities then Pursuit is really sexy, and even if they don't it's a pretty efficient path.

I'd also be fine with starting at Waterdeep, but I suspect Undermountain will be difficult to tackle at the very start of the run. Griffon's Nest ... I'm less of a fan. But I will adapt to whatever.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised there isn't a gryphon-based pokemon with a stupid name like Eagalion. I can double check on Undermountain, I may have mistyped.

remember that Flying no longer exists as a type, and basically becomes a status.

Griffinsummoner
1st Level

It strikes me that the badges are just for getting them, as even in the game badges have effects. I think the gym leader effect is to give you a badge and the effect without having to challenge for it. It would be quite odd if you could only get the effect from one badge in your whole career. They are magic items, afterall.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

d20 Pokemon Sourcebook wrote:Badges
Badges come in a variety of levels, and vary greatly dependant upon the issuing Gym. Generally, a Gym will issue an apprenticeship Badge specially designed for newcomers to the profession. To qualify one normally has to perform a relatively simple task – perhaps defeat a CR 1 Pokémon in a non-lethal battle. The apprenticeship Badge is normally a non-magical and inexpensive item and entitles its bearer to be trained in the philosophies and techniques of the Gym.

Most Gyms also issue a membership Badge. Possession of such a Badge indicates a formidable amount of skill as it indicates that the bearer has overcome a moderate obstacle such as besting 3 of the Gym Leader’s CR 5 Pokémon in sequential single combat with her own Pokémon. Such a Badge usually takes the form of a signet ring or other nearly unforgeable and permanent item. Particularly wealthy Gyms sometimes have permanent magical effects applied to their membership Badges – such as continual flame spells or arcane marks.

Finally, the majority of Gyms provide a Master’s Badge. Only a few can aspire to such a Badge – as the trial is grueling in the extreme. Generally, a Gym Leader will come to a Master’s Badge battle with a full compliment of Pokémon of about CR 10, or maybe one of her strongest Pokémon and one or two weak utility Pokémon. Winning a Master’s Badge challenge is no small feat. Most Gyms provide an actual magic item as their Master’s Badge. A Master’s Badge is generally expected to float around the Pokémaster like an Ioun Stone. A Pokémaster with several rocks of varying colors floating around her is indeed someone to be feared!
As for the moves, I'll need to think about those.

Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Maybe the membership badge has the continuous effect, and the Master's Badge also includes the badge-move?
Last edited by Griffinsummoner on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.