It Comes in Threes: Tome IRC game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Mineralize Warrior is ridiculous. Wait for ubernoob, he'll yell at you.

Also, on the subject of sand... make it a couple inches deep with a 3 ft diameter. Like floating disk, except made of sand and able to fly.

EDIT: Or make it magical... it's not like anyone really cares about how heavy sand is.
Last edited by For Valor on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

For Valor wrote:EDIT: Or make it magical... it's not like anyone really cares about how heavy sand is.
yeah, pretty much
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Prak, you could just have the Sand Armor 18 copy the special abilities of whatever while keeping the Sand Armor's stats (or vice versa).

I also don't know how I feel about an optimal DR 13 on a 6th level character anymore. I think I can work around it though.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

alright, I'll simplify the armour.

So you're more or less cool with the belt of mineralize warrior?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Mask, when are we playing?

Were we supposed to play yesterday?
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

no, I'm pretty sure we're playing tonight.

Prak
Serious Badass

Re: It Comes in Threes: Tome IRC game

Post by Prak »

Yeah, we are.
Mask_De_H wrote:We'll be playing every Monday at 9 PM CST on IRC, in the #valhalla channel of irc.nightstar.net.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

So let's see what we have now, an hour and ten minutes before showtime:

Diov Krad (For Valor)
Sulu Payapa (Koumei)
Aria Ghaeleborn (Pixels)
Hypolita (Prak_Anima)
Andrew Jackson (ubernoob)

CatharzGodfoot has yet to post a complete character sheet, and GoA has posted nothing. We've got a decent spread of abilities presuming folks show up. :D
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I haven't heard from Koumei and I've got shit to do today, so I'm going to shift the game to Tuesday at the same time, if that's okay with everybody.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Fine by me.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Pixels wrote:CatharzGodfoot has yet to post a complete character sheet, and GoA has posted nothing. We've got a decent spread of abilities presuming folks show up. :D
Like I said, I'm out. Seven people is a lot for an IRC game anyway.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Oops, sorry. You'll be missed.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

'kay, tomorrow.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

replaced Earthbolt in the Earth sphere with a reflav. Phantom Steed, replacing my Jar of sand with making the armour magic.

Edit: And fuck it, I'm changing the belt to do something else too. Mineralize Warrior's just going to be a pain in the ass.

Belt's spell is Bones of Earth, now. Gives me some very iconic Earthbender stuff, pillars of earth.
Last edited by Prak on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

But Phantom Steed can't fly until CL 14. Are you giving up on joining the crew in the air?
Last edited by Pixels on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Naw, Prak's flight capabilities come from his item Sand of flight, which gives him a 5x5 square to fly on. So he'll either be on his horse (on t3h ground) or he'll be flying.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well shit... I should have read the spell more thouroughly... right, flight is going on the armour now, I guess...

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Prak_Anima wrote:replaced Earthbolt in the Earth sphere with a reflav. Phantom Steed, replacing my Jar of sand with making the armour magic.
I was under the impression that the Jar of Sand was the flying item. Replacing it with armor leaves him with a magic dagger, armor, belt, and bracers.

Of course, I'm not at sure why he has a magic dagger in the first place. He does far more damage with eldritch blasts on his turn and off his turn he'll probably burn his AoO with the armor. He could totally drop the magic dagger instead of the Jar of Flying Sand to make his armor magic.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Whatever works for you. :)
Last edited by Pixels on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

she has the dagger because she's sentimental about it, it's fashioned from one of her spikes.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

so we've got like two minutes to go, right?

Just want to make sure that my using Fiendish Similarities to pick up Elemental feats is cool, and that there aren't any problems with my items.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Well, uber and I are in the IRC right now. No sign of Mask, For Valor, or Koumei yet.

Hopefully they'll turn up shortly.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Yo, sorry I'm late. FV, Uber, Koumei, if you're here, we're ready to go.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Yo, nightstar dislikes me today.

ActiveX is currently being a bitch.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

For Valor wrote:ActiveX
Well, there is your problem.

Get mIRC or Trillian or Pidgin or something.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

wait, I could be using Trillian for this thing?