More Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

JonSetanta
King

Re: More Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by JonSetanta »

Some girls happen to like dressing 'slutty' and are far from promiscuous. My girlfriend, for instance.
That's so weird that Elitist both rebels against the popular depiction of "fantasy female in a chainmail bikini" and then continues the bias that they claim is so overabundant.

For logical reasons, if you're a 200 year old female human Wizard that discovered how to reverse aging back to the peak of physical youth, would you cover that smooth skin or continue to wear thick robes?
And as reductionist as it may seem, some females enjoy using attraction as yet another weapon in their arsenal, influencing behavior to produce desired results.
Underestimating an opponent, for instance, by assuming that sexy = incompetent. Evil Elitist is proof that such a tactic does work, be they male or female.
Hm.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

I like the part where he claims not to be ashamed that he plays D&D, but then says he quit bringing the books to school because having it known he plays D&D embarasses him. Dude should look up what "Ashamed" means.

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1199303552[/unixtime]] It seem that they are okay with a half-naked guy running around doing shit and not bat an eye.

Yarr, the landlubbers have been watching too much of Johnny Knoxville's Jackass.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I think the bigger problem is that there isn't any male cheesecake to go with the female. Not that it's been a problem in D&D books...

...But like Warcraft, guys whine about something being too cheesecake, they get action from the artists. Girls? We're just lucky they kick people out for sexual harassment, let alone the fact that many costumes are skimpier than their male counterpart.

-Crissa
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

5 seconds?
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1199330472[/unixtime]]I think the bigger problem is that there isn't any male cheesecake to go with the female. Not that it's been a problem in D&D books...

...But like Warcraft, guys whine about something being too cheesecake, they get action from the artists. Girls? We're just lucky they kick people out for sexual harassment, let alone the fact that many costumes are skimpier than their male counterpart.

-Crissa

Of course if there is a increase of male cheesecake then people will start something about them being gay or something equally as stupid.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1199303552[/unixtime]]she must be a hoe. :confused:

I'm confused, too. How does clothing turn you into a gardening implement? :p

No, I don't know whether the slang term is also spelled like that. It's not a word I use. I prefer "prozzie".

As for not minding half-naked men romping around, I assume it's because he likes watching proper, masculine, heterosexual sport such as the World Wrestling Entertainment (I can at least say I'd watch it for the women's matches) and American football, with all of that "handing objects to each other between their legs, bending over in tight pants" and everything. You, know, the kind of guy who is DEFINITELY NOT GAY, and needs to remind people of this every four seconds.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

There's no such thing as "male cheesecake". The word you people are thinking of is "beefcake".

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

What, how am I supposed to know that? I'm a lesbian.

-Crissa
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1199303552[/unixtime]]It seem that they are okay with a half-naked guy running around doing shit and not bat an eye.

The skimpy clothes aren't a problem. Conan isn't exactly the most fully clothed guy ever. Its the human body, get over it prudes.

I do find low-cut women's fullplate annoying though. I think that crosses over into women are meant to look pretty not swing swords territory.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

D- I am not ashamed of the fact i play D&D, i have no problem brining books like the Players hand book to school, however when my friends (non gaming) are interested in the game an i try to explain it to them, when the see a half naked girl they just assume the worst and no longer take me seriously. I've stopped bringing most books because it embarrasses me.

:lmao: That's great.

Crissa wrote:What, how am I supposed to know that? I'm a lesbian.

Seeing as you're Crissa, I'm surprised you know anything at all.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Wow, that was even harsher than usual.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1199303552[/unixtime]]
EE wrote:B- Sexism, i know that is not intentional, but when all the female look like fashion models and dress showing off as much of their bodies as possible?

Wow, that is some really sexist shit you just said there. "Soulless Fashion Models"...The problem is with you not the artist.

I probably disagree with the arguments of EE almost completely, but the main point I do tend to agree with; there is a tendency to make females "fashion models." There are several types of people, grossly overweight, overweight, normal, thin, and then there is the anexoric fashion model. They love to make elves look even more so, especially in the face.

Likewise I could talk for hours about midrift exposure; only in real life not in fantasy art. I think it's all the years I've been playing Islnd of Kesmai and Kingdom of Drakkar and then Everquest (never did WoW) with all the emphasis on "slot" based armor, as well as a bizzare notion that clothing slots should completely overlap or interconnect. (Plus the fact that the people who expose the most are ironically the ones who constantly complain how "cold" it is. Well DUH!)

(Mind you it's not the mid rift they should be covering up, from personal experience and much experimentation I know that it is the throat, (which contains two major veins that go directly to the hear) that can often mean the difference between being too cold and just right. I know it may mean that wearing a turtleneck might cover that wonderful cleavage, but you shouldn't suffer for your looks. In fact all you need is the neck part of the turtleneck. This leads me to the following conclusion ... All I really need is my dickie to keep me warm.)
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

If they just made people pay for their appearance stat with the same points used for other stats, then ugly would be the new black. :)
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1199350646[/unixtime]]What, how am I supposed to know that? I'm a lesbian.

-Crissa

Lesbian or not, I'm surprised you could have lived 30+ years in American society and not heard that word at some point or another.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

"Soulless Fashion Models"

I just like that fashion models cannot have souls. You know, like robots, cyborgs, animals, clones, and aborted fetuses.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

tzor at [unixtime wrote:1199372380[/unixtime]]
I probably disagree with the arguments of EE almost completely, but the main point I do tend to agree with; there is a tendency to make females "fashion models." There are several types of people, grossly overweight, overweight, normal, thin, and then there is the anexoric fashion model. They love to make elves look even more so, especially in the face.

They weird thing is, this particular book isn't really an egregious example of that. There are a couple, but the main artist for this book... isn't that great, and almost everyone is stocky. There are a couple midriffs and some stupid armor cleavage, but not many 'soulless supermodels'
Samples:

http://www.wocstudios.com/images/4e7.jp ... ][br]There are also some dragonborn pics, for anyone who cares.
Personally... yeah. Those things walk up to a town gate, and they get a face full of arrows.

But its all william o'connor's art. Lower gallery on this page is his R&C stuff
http://www.wocstudios.com/concept.htm

Oh
, and the naked tiefling-
http://www.wocstudios.com/4e2.htm
Naked
, because its a study, but far from a supermodel. This freaky* bitch has some belly rolls and some thighs. And can't even be mistaken for human in the dark with those horns and tails.

*freaky because of the horns and tail. Thats a fairly average female body in my experience.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1199386473[/unixtime]]
There are also some dragonborn pics, for anyone who cares.
Personally... yeah. Those things walk up to a town gate, and they get a face full of arrows.

Wouldn't work in my world. A dragonborn wouldn't look out of place with all the random crap walking around in major cities in my world.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

That's what we get for art in upcoming books? Guhhhhhhh
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Someone needs to take crescent-shaped plates away from Willy.

I'm sorry sir, but shields with semi-circles cut out of them so they have little hooks aren't cool. You're going to have to stop using that motif. Also, putting more little hooks on a wyvern doesn't make it look scary, it makes it look retarded.

-Username17
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Here's the missing dragonbum in the gallery, if anyone wants it: http://www.wocstudios.com/images/4e4.jpg

And
Leress is right, the usual fear among heterosexual male gamers I've met is indeed of looking at an oiled muscular warrior with even a twinge of desire.
Hell, I look at one and wonder how many pushups they do each morning with a warhorse tied to their back, and whether or not they eat orc babies of the villages they raid to maintain a 10,000 calorie diet, but not sexually.
It actually worries me that so many males drive themselves to homophobia out of insecurity in their own (assumed) heterosexuality.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Surgo at [unixtime wrote:1199387123[/unixtime]]That's what we get for art in upcoming books? Guhhhhhhh

Its OK, whoever did the eladrin art made them look like blood elves.

I mean, really. There's one pick of a red-robed elf over an crystal ball, or something. Had it been on the cover of a WoW expansion, I wouldn't have batted an eye.

Oh... you might want to track down the covers for the various books. Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry.
Here-
http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=4e#release

Oh, interesting note on that particular picture, Sig. For the book version, they took out the severed heads on his belt. Either for the 'ebil' factor, or because it illustrates just how badly out of proportion the thing is.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

I like how every picture (except the Players Handbook) has a glowy spot on it. Every picture needs a glowy spot.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

The Player's Handbook has a glowy spot on it as well.

The tiefling is kinda nice, actually, but she won't be using any human furniture. That's what I expected the dragon-born to look like.

-Crissa
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1199412194[/unixtime]]The tiefling is kinda nice, actually, but she won't be using any human furniture.

Obviously, we must have different tastes. When someone has a tail that is thicker than her arm with a tail ridge that is not at all a part of the rest of her body, my suspension of disbelief is defenstrated right out the window. Half the size, don't give it a reptile ridge (unless you want to have it start from the top of her back) and don't have it end in a badly drawn point and then I'll consider it, because the human part is pretty good actually. After all, take a peek at that non anexoric stomach, or at least the part you can see.