Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Cielingcat
Duke

Re: Funny posts from other forums ITT

Post by Cielingcat »

Must be because I put Argaud on my ignore list and had to modify the URL to try to link to his post.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Aaargh! THERE IS NO NEED TO TANK IN D&D. Because it's not a fucking computer game, where you can trick the AI. If the monsters want to attack the wizard, they will attack the wizard regardless of the stupid tricks the tank is trying. Jesus christ people are retarded.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

If you want tank mechanics, you have to build it into the game. Grapple, Intervene, attacks of opportunity, tactics tactics tactics.

But otherwise, there's no reason they can't just run past you.

-Crissa
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

wrote:THERE IS NO NEED TO TANK IN D&D. Because it's not a fvcking computer game, where you can trick the AI.

But now there is the Knight class... er, which totally and utterly fails to fulfill that (or any) role but idiots everywhere BELIEVE it does...

So um, you must hate role play or something!
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1175859612[/unixtime]]Aaargh! THERE IS NO NEED TO TANK IN D&D. Because it's not a fvcking computer game, where you can trick the AI. If the monsters want to attack the wizard, they will attack the wizard regardless of the stupid tricks the tank is trying. Jesus christ people are retarded.

You can sort of tank in D&D, but it's more of grabbing a ridiculous range of threatened squares, a bunch of AoOs, and using improved trip and stand still to stop enemies from being able to move inside your threatened square radius. So..yeah, basically there's no need for a tank in D&D.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Oh, there is, but we generally call the tank a "Wizard" and he uses "Wall of Force" to stop enemies.
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Letsee... a friend of mine posted a couple videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i02YO2mKfw4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAI3fVieUXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qeN9IqmZpM

Yes, they're vaguely related if you watch them in order. No, they're worksafe... But that doesn't mean you won't be embarassed to be watching them.

-Crissa

No, I didn't make it through all of them, either...
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

I've just learned that D&D isn't a game because the DM controls the challenges. Srsly.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

With that logic, the olympic games aren't games because the olympic committee controls the challenges...

-Crissa
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

I just learned something else. D&D is dead and buried because WotC is catering to players instead of DMs. Also, all players are evil munchkin video-game players who ruined D&D.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1176089925[/unixtime]]I just learned something else. D&D is dead and buried because WotC is catering to players instead of DMs. Also, all players are evil munchkin video-game players who ruined D&D.

OK now that I would almost want to see.

Because it would fit the 3rd edition era community narrative remarkably well, going something along the lines of.

1) Lookout, evil munchkin video game players, they're out there and they are going to eat our babies! You had better not let them contribute anything to 3rd edition!

2) Now you had better do X stupid thing in in order to stop them (where X is nerf fighters, sabotage savage species, etc...)!

3) You had better not even consider undoing X and anyone who disagrees with it is an evil munchkin video gaming baby eater out to destroy the game, and then the world!

4) You bastards, the game is TOTALLY SCREWED, and despite you doing every stupid thing we ever told you to to stop those evil video game playing munchkins who definitely exist in large numbers and hate both D&D, us, and freedom, its somehow definitely THEIR FAULT.

From the basket weaver perspective its the perfect narrative of the dread scourge of totally non imaginary savage relentless munchkin saboteurs and their inevitable destruction of civilization.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Gamers in general are insufferable twits.

I'm so glad I don't have any "gamers" in my D&D group.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

PhoneLobster at [unixtime wrote:1176099034[/unixtime]]
Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1176089925[/unixtime]]I just learned something else. D&D is dead and buried because WotC is catering to players instead of DMs. Also, all players are evil munchkin video-game players who ruined D&D.

OK now that I would almost want to see.

I can't give you that, but I can give you the link.

Warning: contains the dumbest shit I've ever fucking seen.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I'm not reading all that shit, did anyone post Frank's rant about how min/maxing is not only beneficial for a party but expected of ever member yet?
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

He's ranting against people who are new to the game/like 3.x/play video games, not so much people who min/max.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Apparently, the problem with 3.x is that the rules actually work.

I'm going to let that stand by itself.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Rules actually working, or trying to, came as a bit of an appalling shock to some players.

Many never really recovered.
NineInchNall
Duke

People are stupid.

Post by NineInchNall »

People are stupid. Of course, we all know this, and we also know that it's why Fighters don't get nice things. It's why there are people who think that Tome of Battle is overpowered but don't bat an eye when a Druid casts wall of smoke, boreal wind, call avalanche, frostfell, or tsunami while in the form of some giant animal that fucking bites off people's heads. It's why the WotC boards give me a headache.

Speaking of which, the sheer number and comedic value of the posts that people make on those boards is astounding. It's worth preserving for posterity.

Since I had so much fun reading through that "Funniest thread EVAR" thread, I'd kind of like to accumulate a list of links to threads of people saying stupid things like, "Spring Attack is broken," or, "Melee Weapon Mastery is broken," or, "warriors are just as powerful as spellcasters."

What say you?
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Cielingcat
Duke

Re: People are stupid.

Post by Cielingcat »

User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

This is comedy GOLD.
Artless
Journeyman

Post by Artless »

What, the entire featured articles page? Can't say I disagree with you.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Hey some of those retired articles are nice. On the subject of Spring attack is broken, MWM is broken, and Warriors are just as good as spell casters. It really saddens me that even after people show them that they are wrong the poster still come up with crap like "those are just theories" or "well if you do this..." which usually is a situation that will have the whole party dead any way. I can't read past page 3 on most of them.

I would like to submit this one
It's about making Link from Twilight Princess
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=826762

and this one about final fantasy 3.5
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.p ... br][br]and this one on final fantasy characters
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.p ... br][br]You know just nearly 99% of anything that has people doing anything with combining DnD and Final Fantasy on those boards
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Why do people cream their pants every time Sephiroth is mentioned? He was just some annoying little bitch with mommy issues, and the game wasn't even that good. Advent Children sucked and was just a sequence of flashy visual effects.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1176342921[/unixtime]]Why do people cream their pants every time Sephiroth is mentioned? He was just some annoying little bitch with mommy issues, and the game wasn't even that good. Advent Children sucked and was just a sequence of flashy visual effects.

Because the audience for it was already conditioned by the last half dozen or so final fantasy games to think that flashy sequences of visual effects framed by loosly constructed nonsensical plot points is what a story should be like.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[TGFBS]
Merged with the other thread. Let's keep all links to "threads that make us laugh or cry" links in one place, please.
[/TGFBS]