First Singles Battle: VICTORY

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

First Singles Battle: VICTORY

Post by Koumei »

5-0 is my record so far, but this was my first singles battle since getting back into Warhammer 40K. I fielded my Sisters against some Tau in what turned out to be "Seize the Objective!"

My list for this 850 point game was:
HQ: Canoness Papavera (with Holy Weapon (2-handed +2 Strength MC Power Weapon), Inferno Pistol (half-range Melta pistol), Cloak of St. Aspira (2+ Save), Litanies of Faith (free Faith power) and Rosarius (4+ Invulnerable save)).

Troops: 20 Sisters (w/ Storm Bolter and Flamer, Sister Superior has Plasma Pistol and Eviscerator (2-handed Chainfist)

Troops: 10 Sisters (w/ Heavy Flamer and Standard Bearer/Imagifer, Sister Superior has Bolt Pistol and Eviscerator... IIRC)

Fast Attack: 5 Dominion Sisters (w/ 4 Melta Guns, Dominion Superior has Brazier (CCW + 1-use Flamer) and Storm Bolter) in a Repressor (Rhino with firing slots, Storm Bolter and Heavy Flamer).

---

So, turn one, I seized the Initiative, had the squad of ten hang back to babysit the objective, and had the repressor drive up behind some cover (and roll snake eyes to shoot with the storm bolter), also getting the Canoness to hop into cover. Meanwhile 20 sisters started making their way around to the enemy quarter. Then the enemy mostly moved forwards, made some pot-shots and killed a Sister or two.

Turn two, boltguns blow up some gun drones and the repressor shows how storm bolters can be useless if you keep rolling snake eyes. Canoness plays hide and seek behind it. More tau then play hide and seek and take some pot shots, largely useless. The... funny hovership thing immobilises the repressor and some funny looking mecha Derp Strike (outflanking to the side).

Turn three is where it begins, Sisters unleash a volley that takes out a whole heap of tau it a blitz of bolter shells. They break and run (only to regroup on their turn). The Dominions hop out of the repressor (it's not going anywhere) and try shooting the derp strikers. Only one gets clipped... with a melta, so he evaporates. They then do a bunch more shooting, only to curse and swear at Invulnerable and Cover saves. It makes a change to be the one benefiting from those. However casualties are taken by the dominion squad, with only one surviving (but standing resolute).

In turn four, the squad of tau get cleaned up and die. The Canoness then hops up on top of the building, shoots one derp striker in the face (he evaporates) then charges the next... DESTROYED! He never knew what hit him. The hovery tanky thing then wipes out the last Dominion with a large blast. Things look bad for the Sisters, with little able to penetrate that thing. A bit of shooting from the normal mecha deals some more casualties to the big squad of sisters, but they have too many testicles to break and run.

Turn five, we're now going into overtime where the game could end at any moment, and we're even on objectives (1-1). The big squad of sisters destroy the two robots with their bolter fire, and the Canoness decides to sit down and rest for a bit rather than running across an open plain towards a fortified enemy position when the enemies are great ranged attackers. The hovertank then fires the large blast, threatening to annihilate the big Sister squad... until he rolls box cars for scatter and misses completely.

Turn six, still going... the Sisters perform an Act of Faith, and in doing so, they cause the hovertank to detonate in a rain of fire and metal. At this point, with only one squad remaining (the one guarding the objective and thus unable to leave without losing the game), my opponent decides to save time and forfeit the game.

VICTORIOUS!