The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Server Outage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilhuiz
1st Level

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Server Outage Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it best that I take a minute and post about the server outage that Nifty and the Den have been suffering all day.

The power went out some time very early this morning. While this is usually not a big deal, the hub the server is connected to was apparently worse for wear. As such, it failed to come back online. I was unable to physically access any of the hardware until about an hour ago. The hub has been replaced and, as you can see, the sites are back online.

My sincere apologies for any pain and suffering that this may have caused.
// guaranteed to be random
}[/code:1]
CatharzGodfoot
King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for keeping the Den alive.

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack
violence in the media
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. Thank you. Smile
IGTN
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks.
Crissa
King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good to know.

Remember, if you need parts or paypal or whatever to help defray, we're still here. Heck, I paid for Nifty for awhile myself. Of course, I'm poor now, but...

-Crissa
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What they said.

Thanks and please let us know if support is needed
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, that's good to know. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
neilhuiz
1st Level

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you for the offer. I'm doing OK. I had spare parts lying around. I will be buying a beefy UPS to help keep this from happening in the future, but I don't see that as a cost that should be passed down just yet.

Thank you, too, for being understanding. I wanted to provide the best service possible.

Unfortunately, this won't be the only outage in the middle term. I have to actually physically move the server a the end of May. If someone has a reliable broadband connection, lives in the Bellevue/Redmond area, and will let me set up a box in their basement for a couple days, I would appreciate the help (and likely the boards would, too).
// guaranteed to be random
}[/code:1]
TarkisFlux
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Going to assume that you mean up in WA...

I'll see if I can get anyone to agree to that neil. No promises, because I've only one close friend up there, who is a broke college guy, and the rest are friends of friends, but I'll give it a go.

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for all your hard work, Neil.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: