Server Outage

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

neilhuiz
1st Level

Server Outage

Post by neilhuiz »

I thought it best that I take a minute and post about the server outage that Nifty and the Den have been suffering all day.

The power went out some time very early this morning. While this is usually not a big deal, the hub the server is connected to was apparently worse for wear. As such, it failed to come back online. I was unable to physically access any of the hardware until about an hour ago. The hub has been replaced and, as you can see, the sites are back online.

My sincere apologies for any pain and suffering that this may have caused.
- Neil

Code: Select all

int getRandomInt() { 
    return 4; // obtained using roll of fair die 
              // guaranteed to be random 
}
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Thanks for keeping the Den alive.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

Yes. Thank you. :)
IGTN
Knight-Baron

Post by IGTN »

Thanks.
"No, you can't burn the inn down. It's made of solid fire."
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It's good to know.

Remember, if you need parts or paypal or whatever to help defray, we're still here. Heck, I paid for Nifty for awhile myself. Of course, I'm poor now, but...

-Crissa
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

What they said.

Thanks and please let us know if support is needed
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Ah, that's good to know. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
neilhuiz
1st Level

Post by neilhuiz »

Thank you for the offer. I'm doing OK. I had spare parts lying around. I will be buying a beefy UPS to help keep this from happening in the future, but I don't see that as a cost that should be passed down just yet.

Thank you, too, for being understanding. I wanted to provide the best service possible.

Unfortunately, this won't be the only outage in the middle term. I have to actually physically move the server a the end of May. If someone has a reliable broadband connection, lives in the Bellevue/Redmond area, and will let me set up a box in their basement for a couple days, I would appreciate the help (and likely the boards would, too).
- Neil

Code: Select all

int getRandomInt() { 
    return 4; // obtained using roll of fair die 
              // guaranteed to be random 
}
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

Going to assume that you mean up in WA...

I'll see if I can get anyone to agree to that neil. No promises, because I've only one close friend up there, who is a broke college guy, and the rest are friends of friends, but I'll give it a go.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Thanks for all your hard work, Neil.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]