what kind of games are "on topic"?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

norms29
Master

what kind of games are "on topic"?

Post by norms29 »

I ask because we are nominally a(n) RPG forum, and there are things I'm not sure whether to post in MPSIMS or the real parts of the forum

Table-Top Wargames?
MMOs?
Single player online "RPG"s (like Kingdom of loathing, and forumWarz)?
Upcoming gaming related event's (conventions) ?
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

As far as I can reckon, pretty much any kind of RPG where the players (as in DM and PCs) explicitly choose the direction and unfolding of the game gets used In My Humble Opinion. Also IMHO also gets used to discuss campaign and setting building and also design philosophy--though these elements don't have to relate specifically to the kinds of games I discussed before.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Discussions of specific real world events are usually in MPSIMS. Sometimes there are discussions of table top games and computer games in IMHO, but that's mostly from a systemic point of view.

-Username17
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I am okay with MMOs, single player computer games, and table top war games being discussed in IMHO.

Upcoming convention notices go in MPSIMS.

[/TGFBS]