PM problem?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

PM problem?

Post by Cynic »

No, I don't live in a country with a pariliamenterian system anymore where my Prime minister could be corrupt so that's not the sort of problems i have but it took me about fifteen tries before my PM would go through. It kept saying mailbox server was busy at 6 in the morning. This is counting in the wait time between posts and all.

It was a strange "The Mailbox server is busy" and then some junk about trying again. I should have probably copied the line or two error text. But it's 6 in the morning and I'm not really awake yet.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Typically when you get that message, the PM goes through. The error arises after the PM has been sent and the system goes to send an e-mail notification to the user. The error also pops up on occasion when you make a post, if somebody has subscribed to the thread and requested e-mail notifications of new posts.

However, the error itself shouldn't happen. So I'll look into it to see what's going on. Thanks for letting us know.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Zherog wrote:Typically when you get that message, the PM goes through. The error arises after the PM has been sent and the system goes to send an e-mail notification to the user. The error also pops up on occasion when you make a post, if somebody has subscribed to the thread and requested e-mail notifications of new posts.

However, the error itself shouldn't happen. So I'll look into it to see what's going on. Thanks for letting us know.
Well, to adopt an expression from my the homestate of my last six years, don't I have a shit-eating grin now. I hope the receiver of my PM doesn't have 15 identical PMs.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

He/she likely will. *shrug*
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

So, I tried to send PR a PM yesterday; i'm not sure it went through. It has been put in my "outbox" rather than my "sentbox," whatever the distinction is, and nothing I try will move it to the sentbox with my other sent messages.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Yeah... I don't get the outbox/sentbox thing. Sometimes, the PM sits in the outbox for a couple of days, and other times, it doesn't.

It might have something to do with your next posting time... I really don't know, but it's annoying.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

AFAIK, Outbox contains not-yet-read messages; they seem to go to Sentbox upon being read.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I believe that's correct.
You can't fix stupid.