Thank You.

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Hicks
Duke

Thank You.

Post by Hicks »

I don't know what happended, only that I couldn't access The Den for nearly 2 days across three different networks. Whoever fixed it, most likely fbmf, thank you, so very much.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Yeah, The Den was down. What was up with that?
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

I second both the above sentiments. Thanks a lot and WTF?
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

/lulz@self.

I didn't notice this thread until I posted myself.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

TGDMB and Nifty were both down. Don't know what happened. Credit for fixing it should go mostly to Zherog and Neil. Mostly when stuff like that happens I just go and cry to one of them.

Game On,
fbmf
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

It should mostly go to Neil, to be honest. All I did was poked him.

I don't know the exact problem, only that it was related to the DNS entry for both sites. The problem is (obviously) fixed now, and steps are being implemented to avoid the problem reoccurring in the future.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Good to know, and thanks for getting things working again.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I couldn't get in either but on a grander scale I've had shaky connection for days now with Verizon, and not just TGD. Might be an interbutts pipeline problem.

Keeps cutting out, lagging, w/e. No reason. I try again in 10 minutes and it works fine... for a while. Other people I know have had similar issues recently with Comcast or other providers but not as often.

For instance, I remember years ago there was some problem with an ocean floor earthquake in the Pacific that left huge portions of Asiatic people without interbutts.
Maybe not as dramatic, but something's up...