Google Search Sucks

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Cielingcat
Duke

Google Search Sucks

Post by Cielingcat »

Is there any way to get a better search feature than the one we have now? I have been unable to find certain threads many times with it, even threads I've found with it before.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Mostly it's just not indexing everything. To do that you have to...

...Pay them money.

-Crissa
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: Google Search Sucks

Post by fbmf »

Cielingcat wrote:Is there any way to get a better search feature than the one we have now?
Not that I know of.

Game On,
fbmf
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Have you read this?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I'm definitely disappointed in the Google search as well. I really expected they would do more to index both forums.

As I mentioned in the post bigode linked, there is a script that can be run against the database to rebuild the search index. We opted not to go that path for the reasons outlined in the post. However, I think it's probably worth re-examining it to determine if it's worth it, for both forums (search sucks sweaty balls on Nifty too).
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson