Missing Thread "Revising the World of Darkness"

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Iaimeki
Journeyman

Missing Thread "Revising the World of Darkness"

Post by Iaimeki »

Since PMs are broken (see the thread on "mail response codes missing"), I'm posting here. My thread on the World of Darkness in IMHO seems to have gone missing. I'm hoping this is some kind of technical glitch, not a rules violation I wasn't aware of. I'd like to know what's up?
Last edited by Iaimeki on Sat May 24, 2008 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Holy shit you're right. It is gone. This is bad enough but hope nothing else is missing too.

Here's the link to where it should be, followed from my saved HTML: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48567& ... sc&start=0
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

The fifth page of your thread got fucked up and I am still trying figure out what did it. I can return the thread, but the posts that are fucking up the thread (for reasons that two days worth of work still have not made clear won't be there.

Is that cool?

Game On,
fbmf
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
I'm working on fixing the thread. I still do not know what the problem was, but I found out how to eliminate it. (Strange but true!) Unfortunately, there is no MERGE function on this board software that we have found as of yet, and I split the last page of the thread off during the healing process. Unless I just QUOTE each individual post and add them to the end of the thread myself, I don't know how else to put the thread back together again.

Suggestions?

[/TGFBS]
Iaimeki
Journeyman

Post by Iaimeki »

I'd seen the issues, and they'd popped up in some other threads on the board--I assumed it was a forgotten closed tag. It sounds like it's something much worse than that.

I'd be fine with you just quoting the rest of the posts and assembling it that way--I don't know anything about phpbb I'm afraid, so I can't be any further help. That seems like the best option under the circumstances, since two threads would probably confusing to everyone but especially new readers.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

[The Associate Fence Builder Speaks]

I've moved the thread so that fbmf can fix it and as soon as it's fixed we'll put it back. Sorry, but the margins are messed up.

[/TAFBS]
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

PM are broken? I was not aware. That would explain why no one's been replying to ine...
Iaimeki
Journeyman

Post by Iaimeki »

Does anyone have any idea why it keeps breaking? Any news on when it can go back up?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

PMs themselves aren't broken. They work fine.

What's broken is the e-mail notification. If the person you're sending a PM to has their options set so they receive an e-mail when you send a PM, there's a decent chance you'll receive an error about the mail server not responding or some such.

If you get the error, the PM went through but the notification may have failed.

Fbmf -- can you give me a bit more detail about what was wrong with the thread so we can see if there's some sort of fix for it? If you'd prefer to PM that's fine.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I think the problem is to do with tagging, in some arcane, esoteric way.

Maybe the best plan is to enforce matching tags in posts, probably by adding closers for 'unclosed' tags after a post and editing?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Not sure if it's really news, but it seems to work.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.