Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Re: The Biden Administration (No Lago)

Post by Stahlseele »

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
So, reading this i have some questions:
a. were the ICE rules including those for family separation not allready in place before Trump got elected?
b. are they actually trying to get rid of the 2nd ammendment and expect Trump not to win a landslide by
simply going:"yeah nah, i am not allowing that to happen/stand"?
c. you have a safe harbour rule for immigration too? And Biden who is supposed to be the comparatively
good guy president is trying to get that stricter? there is much stink over here in europe about that because
of the argument that if you do not stay in a safe for you country because you do not like the local economy
or something you are not actually seeking asylum but wanting to immigrate and not willing to do that properly.

I am surprised that the far right party germany is trying to forbid (AFD) again (they forbid the NPD several years
ago and the AfD is basically mostly the successor party) allready is not pointing at america and going:
"See! They do it too! Has to be good right?"
Also, i am sad to have to report that as of right now, the AfD is in questionaires rising rapidly in votes that they
could get . . in some places they are the 2nd strongest pulling party allready . .

Why is the whole world moving to the right again? Basically every european country does. EU and non EU ones.
You lot too appearantly. The Brexiteers. And nobody is at all concerned about germany having just ordered to
restart our own military industrial complex AND moving to the right again . . We are building a new Panther
Tank for fucks sake and that thing could be rolling across eastern europe if things go even more badly there.

I guess it is true . .
Irish statesman Edmund Burke is often misquoted as having said, “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.”
Spanish philosopher George Santayana is credited with the aphorism, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,”
while British statesman Winston Churchill wrote, “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Genuinely baffled at where your questions are coming from.

No, the thing where ICE was told to take kids away from their families was not a policy for Obama or Bush or whatever.

2) What the fuck are you talking about? First of all, like 65% of all americans want way the fuck more gun regulation then we have, and secondly literally no one has passed a gun regulation in the last 20 years, and all that happened is that the Supreme Court declared that 1810 laws that regulate guns are too newfangled and that anyone who wants to can walk around NYC with an assault rifle. (unless they've ever been convicted of a crime).

So I have no idea where you came up with the idea that the evil Joe Biden has waged a war on the second amendment, or that Trump would in fact win more votes by saying that he promises to make sure we continue to do nothing for every single school shooting.

3) Trump tried to invent the safe harbor rule and it was prevented. Then Joe Biden invented it again, because democrats just do the bad things republicans are stopped from doing whenever they get into office. Safe harbor rules are bad and stupid, because it presumes a bunch of things that are definitely very often false. It turns out making decisions based on false assumptions is bad actually.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

because democrats just do the bad things republicans are stopped from doing whenever they get into office
but . . but . . but why though?
if it had been stopped before because it was bad, why do they then turn around and do it anyway? x.x
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Stahlseele wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:38 am
because democrats just do the bad things republicans are stopped from doing whenever they get into office
but . . but . . but why though?
if it had been stopped before because it was bad, why do they then turn around and do it anyway? x.x
Because the purpose of the democractic party is to do the things the GOP is stopped from doing to permanently move the overton window right. That's why the oil barons and private child cage owners pay them for.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I will freely admit to not understanding your system . .
But i also struggle with understanding our own system.

Over here at least usually the supposedly good guys do
not just turn around and do what they stopped the bad
guys from achieving.
I do not care to remember how often we have had to
tell the bastards over here:"no, you do not get to log
all communication and have free access to all meta
data ever just because of muh terrarissarms and muh
child protections!"
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Kaelik wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:18 am
So I have no idea where you came up with the idea that the evil Joe Biden has waged a war on the second amendment, or that Trump would in fact win more votes by saying that he promises to make sure we continue to do nothing for every single school shooting.
To be fair, the idea that the next time a Democrat gets in they'll do something to stop mass shootings is a fear that lots of people have put a lot of effort into maintaining, causing a massive surge in gun purchases around elections. Of course, things like covid also cause a massive surge in gun purchases, and people being able to shoot covid is only marginally more unlikely than the US getting decent gun regulations.
Stahlseele wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:06 am
Over here at least usually the supposedly good guys do
not just turn around and do what they stopped the bad
guys from achieving.
The word "supposedly" is important there. As long as they don't do all the bad things the other side did or tried, or doesn't do them as much, they're the lesser evil, and therefore the good guys in the two party system.

Apart from the threat that Trump and his supporters might destroy the country in a way that affects Biden personally, he's probably pretty happy to have him around, it's a very low bar to fall short of. Those he seems to be trying to anyway.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

Kaelik wrote:
Maybe from recent stories like this:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59214.html

I could imagine certain sites spinning this kind of story into something more extreme about Biden and the 2nd amendment.
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

phlapjackage wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:12 am
Kaelik wrote:
Maybe from recent stories like this:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59214.html

I could imagine certain sites spinning this kind of story into something more extreme about Biden and the 2nd amendment.
I see the problem.

Well 1) Assault Rifles were banned for ten years and no one really cared! It was actually fine! There was not a secret groundswell of the hundreds of millions of gun nuts who are in hiding normally, anyone who cares about an assault rifle ban already votes striaght R when they aren't doing politically motivated mass shootings in the first place.

2) Politicians in the US SAY things, they don't DO things. It might SOUND like from a speech that Joe Biden intends to do things, but I promise you he does not! Joe Biden also gives speeches about how the GOP are a threat to democracy before he doesn't pass voting rights laws, how the supreme court is out of line before he does whatever they tell him to do, how student loan debt is a crippling burden before he forgives zero dollars, and how climate change is an existential threat that might kill all human civiliations and destroy the great United States before he signs off on more new oil drilling permits then any previous president ever has and greenlights three pipelines that have been struggling to get clearance since the Obama admin.

So yeah, he gave a speech, but the speech isn't meant to imply that he will DO anything. Presidents don't pass (good) laws. They give speeches about why laws should be passed, to ameliorate the conscience of the people who might be tempted to actually try do something about the problems when they realize the government has no intention of doing anything.

Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

One also note that the assault weapons restrictions were designed in such a way that it was ridiculously easy to work around them.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Supreme Court came down with a new opinion saying that actually it's racist of you to notice that they are being racist.

So Joe Biden immediately lept out of his chair and sprinted to the nearest camera to give a speech about how the Supreme Court is the way and the light and the truth, the final messenger of god, and that he will personally stab you if you try to expand the court.

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Kaelik wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:26 am
So Joe Biden immediately lept out of his chair and sprinted to the nearest camera to give a speech about how the Supreme Court is the way and the light and the truth, the final messenger of god, and that he will personally stab you if you try to expand the court.
Meanwhile, in the real world, Biden condemned the decision and characterized the court as 'not normal'.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:54 am
Kaelik wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:26 am
Meanwhile, in the real world, Biden condemned the decision and characterized the court as 'not normal'.
Okay, but back in actual reality what Biden said was that he will do everything they tell him to do and that he opposes court packing.

"I will feel sad while I enforce the federal racism law passed by John Roberts on states and personally oppose anyone who attempts to stop John Roberts" could only possibly ever be considered a meaningful condemnation by liberals.
Actual Joe Biden Specifically saying how he opposes anyone trying to fix anything ever wrote:I think they may do too much harm, but I think if we start the process of trying to expand the court, we’re going to politicize it maybe forever in a way that’s not healthy.
The harm is bad, but not doing the harm, that's worse!

PseudoStupidity
Master

Post by PseudoStupidity »

Speaking of Biden not doing anything about SCOTUS taking away people's rights, it's now legal to refuse service to LGBT people if you hide behind your religion. Thanks Biden, I love that, should we choose to have a wedding instead of just doing some paperwork, my fiance and I can be refused service because we're dudes.

Hell yeah Democrats, you worthless pieces of shit. Women, racial minorities, and LGBT people have all had their rights rolled back under the watchful eye of president Joe Biden. I can't wait to hear why I should still vote for these useless motherfuckers.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Also SCOTUS just took their shot at student loan forgiveness and I'm still unsure why they even get a say in that.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

MGuy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:27 pm
Also SCOTUS just took their shot at student loan forgiveness and I'm still unsure why they even get a say in that.
Because they know Democratic politicians will do whatever they tell them to!

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

It is by no means enough, but the Biden admin has responded to the Supreme Court decision by making up some new rules for debt payments and forgiveness to help people. This is only a small fraction of what he could do, but it is an example of the kind of thing presidents can in fact do when the supreme court makes a bad ruling. You can just make a bunch of actions designed to frustrate the political goals of the Supreme Court when they made that decision.

Followed up his initial statement by going on TV and saying "actually, now I'm going to do debt forgiveness under the HOA rulemaking". Wow, turns out it is possible for the President to spit in the Supreme Court's face when they want to! Now he should do it for the rest of the cases and announce a plan to pack the court.

deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Kaelik, because I don't believe it are you saying that the Biden administration didn't do the worst possible thing in the worst possible way in this one instance?
-This space intentionally left blank
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

deaddmwalking wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:40 pm
Kaelik, because I don't believe it are you saying that the Biden administration didn't do the worst possible thing in the worst possible way in this one instance?
Wow, it's almost like the standard for democrats to not be vehemently criticized is so fucking low that simply doing anything good at all gets praise from me.

I wonder if this will cause any reflection about why democrats don't meet this super low standard 95% of the time!

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/03/politics ... nomination

Biden loves to promote people who help do masscres to lead US diplomacy.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Several states are attempting to expand automatic voter registration to people on Medicare, but the evil Cheeto President Donald Trump is stopping them.

PseudoStupidity
Master

I'm 99% sure you're being sarcastic and this is Biden stopping them instead of Trump wielding influence to prevent states from expanding automatic voter registration, but I want to know. Is the Biden regime stopping states from expanding automatic voter registration? Expanding voting rights was one of his campaign promises (not that he ever pursued it with any vigor) so I'd be at least a little surprised if he was actively fighting against them. I thought it was kind of uncommon for people to do the literal opposite of their campaign promises.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

PseudoStupidity wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:22 pm
I'm 99% sure you're being sarcastic and this is Biden stopping them instead of Trump wielding influence to prevent states from expanding automatic voter registration, but I want to know. Is the Biden regime stopping states from expanding automatic voter registration? Expanding voting rights was one of his campaign promises (not that he ever pursued it with any vigor) so I'd be at least a little surprised if he was actively fighting against them. I thought it was kind of uncommon for people to do the literal opposite of their campaign promises.
It is in fact the Biden admin who is attempting to stop states from expanding automatic voter registration.

https://boltsmag.org/automatic-voter-re ... -colorado/

Colorado has been trying to do this since 2019, but is still being stalled. Oregon is now doing it, but you know, can't do it without the Fed permission that has been denied to Colorado for at least three years of the Biden presidency.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

155 democrats in the house just voted to support Joe bidens plan to send cluster bombs to ukraine.

In case you were wondering, cluster bombs are civilian killing weapons that have no legitimate military purpose and can only be used in war crimes. Ukraine will probably attempt to use them in place of other weapons and end up killing a bunch of their own civilians in addition to any Russian troops.

Maybe if we are lucky Ukraine will be smart enough (and not desperate enough for bombs) to not use them.

The only reason the US government is sending them is because most of the world bans the use of cluster bombs and this is the only chance the US will get to have all the cluster bombs we stockpile used.

PseudoStupidity
Master

The cluster bomb news is weird as hell, I genuinely can't fathom why you would use them on your own territory. It's just too dangerous (and if we want to be capitalist about it, expensive) to clean up after them so you're rendering all the territory you cluster bombed fucking useless for a long time. Use it on other people's territory if you want to do war crimes (as we've seen Russia doing), but otherwise don't use them! They kill people even decades later because unexploded bomblets are really hard to safely find and remove.

Interesting move to support Ukraine by providing weapons that are virtually guaranteed to kill Ukrainians.
Omegonthesane
Prince

Post by Omegonthesane »

There is one reason other than "this is the only chance the US will get" to use up the cluster bomb stockpile. Well, two if you mindlessly chant ~sLaVa uKrAiNi~ over and over with your fingers in your ears every time someone says anything to the effect that endless violence is not the quickest way to bring hostilities to an end.

Biden said it himself, the US is running out of shells of any kind to send Ukraine. 'cause apparently as much as Russia's military strength was comically overestimated, neither does it appear that NATO has the industrial capacity to finish this quickly.
Kaelik wrote:Because powerful men get away with terrible shit, and even the public domain ones get ignored, and then, when the floodgates open, it turns out there was a goddam flood behind it.

Zak S, Zak Smith, Dndwithpornstars, Zak Sabbath, Justin Bieber, shitmuffin