The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

stupid, hamfisted and ranty
Welcome to Skyrim modding.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

I feel suddenly significantly less weird for using the Skyrim mods I do.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I don't even use big titty mods anymore.

I think the author of that mod has some sort of neurodiversity and doesn't understand human humor, but is trying to be funny anyway.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

But do you use the physics-enabled giant jiggling ass mod?
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I certainly do.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Shrapnel wrote:https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/30532

Holy hell this guy is stupid.
I saw that. I thought it was mildly amusing, but chose not to download it because I don't need the real world in my video games.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

So EA is announcing a new version of Battlefront II - for $30 you get all the cosmetics released to-date.

For some reason I can't help but feel that this is a lead-up to them changing the monetization, slapping lootboxes back in, and telling people to earn their pride and accomplishment by paying them money.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:But do you use the physics-enabled giant jiggling ass mod?
I do not, actually. All my mods are either UI improvements or add additional gameplay.
I use SkyUI and MCM for my UI needs, along with the unofficial paatches. For game content I use:

Legacy of the Dragonborn
-Moonpath to Elsewyr
-Skyrim's Unique Treasures
-The Grey Cowl of Nocturnal
-The Forgotten City
-Helgen Reborn
-Aetherium Weapons and Armor
-Wheels of Lull
-Morrowloot Special Edition
-Artifacts of Skyrim
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-Thane Weapons Reborn
-Legacy of the Dragonborn BadGremlin's Collection
-Amulets of Skyrim
-Elemental Dragons
-Heavy Armory
-Immersive Weapons
-Immersive Armors
-Moon and Star
-Legendary Skyrim Crossbows
-Royal Armory
-Skyrim Underground
-the Ice Blade of the Monarch
-The Staff of Sheogorath
-The Tools of Kagrenac
-Undeath Remastered
-Vigilant
-Wyrmstooth (hard to find for SE, but it's out there)
-Fossil Mining
-Immersive College of Winterhold

As far as content that doesn't integrate with the Legacy of the Dragonborn mega-mod (seriously, download it, it's a house mod plus a museum to, well, you, plus a craftloot system where you have access to all of your crafting materials whenever you need them), I can recommend a few others.

Beyond Reach: This mod is ugly in every possible way. It's unpleasant and disgusting and I recommend everyone play it. If you had any sympathy for the Forsworn before, you'll lose it here.

A Quality World Map: Because Skyrim is literally the only Elder Scrolls game where I got lost because of how shitty the map was. Even Morrowind had a more useful map. It's great to get to places without jumping up the sides of mountains because the road map actually has the roads mapped. I believe this mod also gives you maps of Blackreach, Forgotten Vale, and the Soul Cairn, but I'm not 100% sure.

Leveler's Tower: If you want to cheat, or level up quickly to restore a save corrupted character, this works. This is explicitly a cheat mod, so take that into consideration.

Deadly Destruction: Gives a boost to destruction magic damage, and adds a "Increased Destruction Magic damage" enchant. Keep in mind that if you use this to boost damage done with destruction magic, it's good. However, know how crazy Chaos Damage enchant gets? This will boost it through the roof. Like, several thousand damage without exploiting Fortify Restoration potions.

Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim: Since we boosted spell damage, might as well add some new, interesting spells.

Acquisitive Soul Gems Multithreaded: Because underfilling soul gems is annoying.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

I don't use any of those. Not had a problem so much with the map, but might want to try that one.

I'd recommend a multiple followers mod (and maybe some follower mods) so you've got people around to fight (in theory) and carry your loot (in practice).

Also like Real Flying or whatever it is, but it's buggy.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I tolerated about 3 minutes of Pillars of Eternity gameplay when I quit and deleted the game, it's got very crappy feeling combat

I just want Phantasy Star Online 2 or Dragon's Dogma Online
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

OgreBattle wrote:I tolerated about 3 minutes of Pillars of Eternity gameplay when I quit and deleted the game, it's got very crappy feeling combat
I got about 1/3 through the game somehow. You made the better decision.

OgreBattle wrote:I tolerated about 3 minutes of Pillars of Eternity
I just want Phantasy Star Online 2 or Dragon's Dogma Online
I want to like MMO-type stuff, but finding a group that can meet even semi-regularly is suck. I need some sort of MMO for adults, or lazy friends who just want to sit on their asses playing video games.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:But do you use the physics-enabled giant jiggling ass mod?
I do not, actually. All my mods are either UI improvements or add additional gameplay.
I use SkyUI and MCM for my UI needs, along with the unofficial paatches. For game content I use:

Legacy of the Dragonborn
-Moonpath to Elsewyr
-The Forgotten City
-Helgen Reborn
-Wheels of Lull
-Artifacts of Skyrim
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-Thane Weapons Reborn
-Amulets of Skyrim
-Elemental Dragons
-Heavy Armory
-Immersive Weapons
-Immersive Armors
-Moon and Star
-Royal Armory
-Skyrim Underground
-The Staff of Sheogorath
-The Tools of Kagrenac
-Undeath Remastered
-Vigilant
-Fossil Mining

As far as content that doesn't integrate with the Legacy of the Dragonborn mega-mod (seriously, download it, it's a house mod plus a museum to, well, you, plus a craftloot system where you have access to all of your crafting materials whenever you need them), I can recommend a few others.

Beyond Reach: This mod is ugly in every possible way. It's unpleasant and disgusting and I recommend everyone play it. If you had any sympathy for the Forsworn before, you'll lose it here.

A Quality World Map: Because Skyrim is literally the only Elder Scrolls game where I got lost because of how shitty the map was. Even Morrowind had a more useful map. It's great to get to places without jumping up the sides of mountains because the road map actually has the roads mapped. I believe this mod also gives you maps of Blackreach, Forgotten Vale, and the Soul Cairn, but I'm not 100% sure.

Leveler's Tower: If you want to cheat, or level up quickly to restore a save corrupted character, this works. This is explicitly a cheat mod, so take that into consideration.

Deadly Destruction: Gives a boost to destruction magic damage, and adds a "Increased Destruction Magic damage" enchant. Keep in mind that if you use this to boost damage done with destruction magic, it's good. However, know how crazy Chaos Damage enchant gets? This will boost it through the roof. Like, several thousand damage without exploiting Fortify Restoration potions.

Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim: Since we boosted spell damage, might as well add some new, interesting spells.

Acquisitive Soul Gems Multithreaded: Because underfilling soul gems is annoying.
Funny, cuz 90% of the mods I have are tiddy or sex mods...
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Shrapnel wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:

Legacy of the Dragonborn
-Moonpath to Elsewyr
-The Forgotten City
-Helgen Reborn
-Wheels of Lull
-Artifacts of Skyrim
-Cloaks of Skyrim
-Thane Weapons Reborn
-Amulets of Skyrim
-Elemental Dragons
-Heavy Armory
-Immersive Weapons
-Immersive Armors
-Moon and Star
-Royal Armory
-Skyrim Underground
-The Staff of Sheogorath
-The Tools of Kagrenac
-Undeath Remastered
-Vigilant
-Fossil Mining

Funny, cuz 90% of the mods I have are tiddy or sex mods...
Got anything that would make Shahvee wear the sexy maid outfit I made her?
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Iduno wrote: I want to like MMO-type stuff, but finding a group that can meet even semi-regularly is suck. I need some sort of MMO for adults, or lazy friends who just want to sit on their asses playing video games.
Playing a single player game or reading a book, then talking to people who have also done so is... like the meta MMORPG
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGr36Q7B99U
They Made a Paranoia Computer Game O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

So for anybody interested in Logistics and Dragons, I would recommend checking up The Last Sovereign, currently available for free on Steam (not finished yet but already has plenty of content).

At first glance it may look like your average hentai RPG Maker game, fuck everything and build up a personal harem, but soon after the start
The "hero chosen by the goddess" dies by snu-snu with a high-level Succubus that decided to ambush him early on before he could become a real threat and you keep on playing as the old mentor.
Then the protagonist decides that it's time to try something new and to try to save improve the world by gathering enough economic power. And they'll seek to do it with the bare minimum of magic mind control and whatnot to reduce the chances it comes back to bite them in the ass.

So besides turn-based combat, there's also a whole economic side-game where you invest in projects that pay off in certain ways. Like invest directly in a bank to gain loads of special currency later down the line, or invest in mercenaries to strenghten your army (yes you also get to build your personal horde of mooks for a mass-combat minigame down the line), or invest on repairing a bridge to open more business opportunities later or on building a church to get bonus religion points or on hiring out some dudes to explore a dungeon you lack the time to do so for extra personal power or whatever.

Thing is said investments must be paid with a special currency that's limited. It's technically regular money, but in such big amounts that you carry it in promisory notes and big businesses won't accept regular cash (which is also limited, no random encounters to grind). You can eventually convert the promisory notes in regular cash but not the other way around.

The game has a crazy amount of flags and choices that have lasting consequences. Like at one early point you can "rent" one of your party/harem members out to a high-class whore house for some extra special currency. The whored out character won't be pleased with this but will obey if you choose to do it out of loyalty. However besides losing relationship points with them, lots of their personal dialogue and options for the rest of the game will permanently change. They won't forget you whored them out for cash, keep ressenting you for it and that ressentment may even affect other characters. But you do get that bit of extra special currency early on, which can pay off significantly down the line.

There's also a philosopher orc struggling against his natural impulses of rape/kill/burn that other orcs in the game (seem to) default to and would like to try that "consexual sex" thing he has heard about.

So surprisingly deep game all around and the whole "make big investments that pay down the line, but resources are limited so must carefully weight choices" is something I would like to see more in other RPGs.
Last edited by maglag on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

I've been playing Graveyard Keeper, and I think I found out why people like Harvest Moon-type games (see also Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley).

First, it feels like your knowledge of what to do is giving you a shortcut. You have like 75 techs in 5-ish trees, but your brilliant ass figured out which ones you don't need/feel like doing all on your own. Second, time matters-ish. Several NPCs only show up at certain times/days, and you have to be there to meet them. But, if you screw up, only the day changes. Time is an illusion, and that's freeing. I screwed up meeting a weekly NPC twice because their schedule is fucked and they're on the other side of the map from where I always am. The third time, I took care of what they needed, and proceeded to forget about them for like a month (in-game).

It's got the minimum to feel like a rewarding game, but nothing actually matters. Worst case scenario: you screw something up early and need to grind chopping down trees or something for a week.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

So, I have an unusual problem in Skyrim. I have a dead thrall (Orchendor if it's important). So far he's working out great, but for some reason he keeps aggroing me when I cast Call to Arms. But not consistently, for the first hour or so he accepted it with no complaints, he just started getting pissy about it out of nowhere. Then there was that time when both him and Lydia both turned on me, that was a nuisance. I'd like to clear up any problems before I grab my second dead thrall (thinking of grabbing a Dremora Markynaz. Relative lack of hp should be less problematic with Lydia tanking hits)
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Helping people with their Skyrim problems is like helping someone with their AD&D problems: you have no idea what the fuck rules any given person is operating under because everyone has their own collection of homebrewed bullshit that breaks their game after 40 hours.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

In this particular case, I'm running vanilla xbox 360 as my computer can't run Skyrim anymore at any reasonable framerate (video card died, will be a couple months before I can get a new computer)
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Oh, your shit is just fucked up and retarded then.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Yeah, I don't know how to un-fuck a console game. It should be harder to get it screwed up because you can't install mods or make any changes yourself, but also you can't fix it for the same reasons.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

So basically, sometimes people just lose their shit and attack you when buffed. Just seems weird that no one else seems to have this problem, most skyrim console bugs are very well documented.

EDIT: I lost Orchendor somewhere, he's puking on things and teleporting in place in Sovngarde now. Also turns out the Dremora I wanted doesn't spawn very far past 40, and I'm three times that level...
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

That's life in unmodded Skyrim, baby.