Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Astropaths
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

I think you mean Navigators there.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Omegonthesane wrote:why do they all have three eyesockets
The dangers of doing panorama shot with a tennis match behind you.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Thaluikhain wrote:I think you mean Navigators there.
True, i got my abhumans mixed up there <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I am simultaneously repulsed and aroused, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. Damn you, AH!
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

I'm definitely sure about the arousal I feel.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I'm disappointed by the lack of any textured bits from the waist down. All that work on making the top half look like mossy riverbanks, and then they just gave up and had unadorned moss-patterened leggings.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Sexy ghillie suit?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

That looks like an anime i may have seen.
What is that from?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Bubblegum Crisis (or one of the spinoffs, it's been a while).
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Bubblegum Crisis (or one of the spinoffs, it's been a while).
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (1998)
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Aaah yes.
Seen it.
Been meaning to go through that series again <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Mimic for an urban fantasy game.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ardraken's Refreshment Simulacrum
XP Value: —
GP Value: 11,500
The Book of Wondrous Inventions

Ardraken, a wizard from Greyhawk adventuring in another dimension, first discovered the creature named "Cola." Cola was a rectangular, human-sized thing. It spoke few words, but was. very friendly. For just two silver pieces, Cola gave a total stranger a refreshing elixir. Once back in Greyhawk, Ardraken resolved to create his own "cola."
Ardraken 's refreshment simulacrum is a colorful box standing on one end. Its usual colors are red, white, and blue. Glowing runes read, "Cola," "Drink," "New Generation," "Exact Change When Lit," and other arcane sayings. A small opening large enough to accept a coin is located midway to the top, on the right. One foot from the bottom is a large aperture, almost as wide as the box. 1deally, the thing affably greets people, then offers its elixir for a mere two silver pieces.
Construction: 11,500 gp; 17 days.
A simulacrum is magically created to duplicate another living being. The process calls for an ice model of the creature to be duplicated. Thus, a refreshment simulacrum requires a block of ice with the dimensions given under Statistics. The water for the ice is mixed first with crushed red, white, and blue precious gems. Each gemstone must be valued at 100 gp. Three gems of each color are needed. The mixture is frozen around a container of that exotic potion Elixir of Cola, called simply "cola," named for the creature that produces it. The cola is usually contained in metal cylinders. If found in Oerth markets, a 12- ounce cola is worth 600 gp. The ice model is carved with the proper runes. Finally, the spells reincarnation and limited wish or create monster are cast. These give the simulacrum life and the ability to imitate Cola's talents.
Statistics: Size: 2 x 4 x 6 feet. Weight: 300 pounds.
Two silver pieces are put in the metal slot, and the simulacrum drops a potion in a metal cylinder through the lower aperture. It can also accept other coins and will make correct change. Both processes are magical conversions—silver to elixir.
Somehow these enchantments never malfunction for the wizard who casts them, so a cola always operates perfectly for the wizard that made it. For anyone else, any number of nasty things can happen. First, Cola may accept money, but not give any change due. Half the time, it dismisses the user with a simple taunt: "No drinks for you, scum." Those less fortunate are either attacked or become the recipients of one of Cola's Arm of Doom
Special Drinks. Each Special differs from the last and its effects are always malign. At best, a Special Drink is noxious and gives the imbiber an embarrassing acne problem. The worst Specials cause insanity, loss of hit points, or death. It is believed these hazards prove that simulacrums are inherently evil. Simulacrums are thought to fear their makers and therefore do them no mischief.

Cola: AC 2; 7 HD; hp 28; MV nil; AT 1d3, Range 16; Dmg ld4+3; AL CE. The creature attacks by firing 1d3 of its drinks as missiles. If reduced to half its hit points or less, Cola gives up and offers its attackers the real elixir.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Why do the gems have to be valued at 100gp? That seems so terribly arbitrary.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Shrapnel wrote:Why do the gems have to be valued at 100gp? That seems so terribly arbitrary.
It's okay, if you have the right valuator they can be encouraged to evaluate gems at exactly 100gp.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Half asleep upon my knee
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Half asleep upon my knee