[Space Madness] Space Mines

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

virgil
King

[Space Madness] Space Mines

Post by virgil »

It's more of a...dormant homing missile? It sits in dormancy, but is activated by active ship sensors/radar (coded radio signal can temporarily deactivate this feature). Once active, it homes in on the biggest target (thermal, radio, cavoritic, undecided) with a chemical rocket. Detecting and recognizing it as a space mine essentially takes the same amount of time as it takes to activate itself, so the first round is "red alert!". The second round, it will move from Very Long range to Long range. On the third round, it will move from Long range to Impact.

* Outrun: Pilot 3 will extend the distance between it and the mine by 1 increment, Pilot 2 will maintain distance equity, Pilot 1 will result in the mine approaching by one increment. Maintaining LoS distance for two rounds will result in the mine losing track
* Cloak: The mine has Rating 3 sensors
* Remote Detonation: If you have a radio or headphone, an Engineering 4 can remotely activate the detonation sequence
* Impact: Deals damage as if struck with Detonate (as Orgone 3 beam function) spending 10 sagans

Biggest question is how to handle multiple mines.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!