It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Spoilering this shit because it's petty.
I am sure bummed about losing my GF. I wish I never would have let her talk me into going into a mental hospital, and I wish I hadn't believed her when she told me to take all the time I needed to recover. No one has the resources to take care of someone insane, at least no one that would date me.

The only worth a man has is how much money he brings into the household. Everything else is petty shit. Should have realized this when the last woman I loved married a literally abusive pig because he's the grandson of one of the richest men in town.
Petty, self-pitying rant over.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Spoilering this shit because it's petty.
I am sure bummed about losing my GF. I wish I never would have let her talk me into going into a mental hospital, and I wish I hadn't believed her when she told me to take all the time I needed to recover. No one has the resources to take care of someone insane, at least no one that would date me.

The only worth a man has is how much money he brings into the household. Everything else is petty shit. Should have realized this when the last woman I loved married a literally abusive pig because he's the grandson of one of the richest men in town.
Petty, self-pitying rant over.
I don't think it's petty to complain/be upset when people close to you lie to you.

[edit] Also, I also include my condolences to those who have had people close to them pass, I'm expecting to feel bad about it when some of my close relatives inevitably come to their end, too.
Last edited by Fwib on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I do not know why and i am pretty certain i do not actually want to but . .
I have been finding spent bullet casings on different spots between my home and my work place this week . . and no, i did not lose them there . .

Also, having read the last few posts . .
my condolences as well.
I was "lucky" that the people i knew died in the hospital and we did not have to find them.
Does not help one bit with my general dislike of doctors and hospitals of course <.<
Last edited by Stahlseele on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Are there any Denners in Virginia?
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

I am. Why do you ask?
Last edited by Hadanelith on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Orion wrote:Are there any Denners in Virginia?
I am.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I was, got chased out of Virginia about 7-8 years ago.

More petty shit:
I guess I deserved this, my ex is starting to talk shit about me in public. Yanno, from this side that's actually rather annoying
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Exes are going to talk shit about you - if it was a significant relationship and it ended, regardless of who ended it, both parties have social benefits for claiming that they were the ones who dealt with the bigger pile of horseshit.

If the things she's saying are untrue and they're to people who know both of you, they'll probably be skeptical. If the things she's saying are true and the people know both of you, well, they probably already knew. Nothing good comes from vigorously defending yourself. You're better off improving the things you legitimately could have been better about (like putting down the damn toilet seat) or finding someone who is more compatible with you (it doesn't matter about the toilet seat if every pee is a golden shower).
-This space intentionally left blank
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I feel like I've been bitching too much. Yesterday I put down my 20 year old cat. I haven't drank in years, but afterwards I put down a fifth of 1800. I think I needed to cut loose but lordy lord, I can't drink like I used to.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

When it rains, it pours.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I'm sorry about your cat, Count.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'm very sorry to hear about your cat, Count. I had to put down mine in January, and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone.

It's honestly just been a shitty year for me. My grandmother died back in August, a week before my birthday. I don't think I bothered bringing it up before; it's the kind of thing I don't usually mention here. But I might as well while I'm talking about death.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Hadanelith wrote:I am. Why do you ask?
I live near Charlottesville.
erik
King

Post by erik »

A reminder to those interested. Tomorrow is free comic book day. I almost always forget and miss it, luckily my coworker reminded me just now.

https://www.freecomicbookday.com/
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I had to put down my furry little girl the other day. Was fine Monday, then seemed sick Tuesday, and was clearly in trouble when I got home after work Wednesday. First animal hospital booked me for 11pm, but the vet called in sick. Found another 24 hour hospital. Probably was Kidney failure. Finally got home by 3am or so.

I miss that spoiled broad. I wish I was rich enough to actually get these sorts of things fixed rather than having to resort to euthanasia. Still played like a kitten even at 15.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

:sad: Image
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Meikle641 wrote:I had to put down my furry little girl the other day. Was fine Monday, then seemed sick Tuesday, and was clearly in trouble when I got home after work Wednesday. First animal hospital booked me for 11pm, but the vet called in sick. Found another 24 hour hospital. Probably was Kidney failure. Finally got home by 3am or so.

I miss that spoiled broad. I wish I was rich enough to actually get these sorts of things fixed rather than having to resort to euthanasia. Still played like a kitten even at 15.
I'm sorry for your loss. Our older cat just turned 15, and she occasionally acts just like a kitten. I don't want to say "I know how you feel", but I know I will one day.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

I'm sorry for your loss as well.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Sucks, sorry for your loss.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Sometimes, it's great to see that the world doesn't suck. My brother started a gofundme for Gi and me, thinking that it was kind of stupid because he didn't think people would be willing to donate to it - maybe $100 if we were lucky. And people - some of whom I don't know - have been very generous. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Aharon
Master

Post by Aharon »

The small team I lead at work is going to be dissolved.
My bosses offered me three options:

a) They support me in starting my own franchise (we're in a consulting franchise)
b) They fire me, and I get unemployment benefits
c) They employ me for a few months more, and I search for a job during that time (easier when employed).

I lean towards c), but am still unsure wether that's the right decision or if a) is better. I do know the system very well, so I would have a huge starting advantage over other new franchisees. On the other hand, the franchise costs are high and the brand is not that well known - it would also mean closely working with my current bosses, which gives me a (barely perceptible) bad gut feeling.

Advice/input/food for thought would be appreciated :-)
Last edited by Aharon on Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Aharon wrote: a) They support me in starting my own franchise (we're in a consulting franchise)
c) They employ me for a few months more, and I search for a job during that time (easier when employed).
a) Depends on the nature of the support, I guess? Also, if you can afford it. I think it takes a year or 3 for a new business to start making money, so...
b) It will make all of those questions about "why did you leave your last job?" interesting.
c) Much easier to look for a job while you're employed from a stress point of view, even if you have less time due to the job. But both b and c have the issue of what if you don't find a job (or only one you don't want).

It's never fun to be in that situation. Hopefully something works out.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Aharon wrote:The small team I lead at work is going to be dissolved.
My bosses offered me three options:

a) They support me in starting my own franchise (we're in a consulting franchise)

I lean towards c), but am still unsure wether that's the right decision or if a) is better. I do know the system very well, so I would have a huge starting advantage over other new franchisees. On the other hand, the franchise costs are high and the brand is not that well known - it would also mean closely working with my current bosses, which gives me a (barely perceptible) bad gut feeling.

Advice/input/food for thought would be appreciated :-)
I'm the type of risk-averse person who would lean toward C. I'm not a running-my-own-business kind of guy, so A would be out for me. As you already noted, having a job can make finding one easier.

Good luck!
Aharon
Master

Post by Aharon »

Iduno wrote: a) Depends on the nature of the support, I guess? Also, if you can afford it. I think it takes a year or 3 for a new business to start making money, so...
b) It will make all of those questions about "why did you leave your last job?" interesting.
c) Much easier to look for a job while you're employed from a stress point of view, even if you have less time due to the job. But both b and c have the issue of what if you don't find a job (or only one you don't want).

It's never fun to be in that situation. Hopefully something works out.

Thanks for your feedback!

a) They would pay the initial franchise fee, I pay it back (without interest) at 10% of my turnover. They also offer that I can do part of the work I currently do as part of my job as their partner - so I don't start at 0. In turn, they want me to not present myself as a competitor internally. This is a fair offer, I'm mainly scared about not being successful - there are a few franchisees in our network who do extremely well, the rest is about as well off financially as white-collar employees of their experience level usually are.

b) That's true - also the reason why I favor a) or c)

c) I'm 35 and have a MINT degree plus work experience - I'm pretty sure I will find a job. The "one that I want" is the bigger problem there - I'd strongly prefer not to move, for example, since my partner has a job locally.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

I'd recommend C. Effectively, they're giving you extra time where your primary job will be finding a new job. With time and the cushion of a few months, you can make your search very effective.

After a few weeks, if things aren't going well, you could see if option A is still on the table. Since they make money from it, I'd think that they'd be willing to accept it as a fallback position.