[Dom 5] Denizens - 6/6 players, STARTED

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

K
King

Post by K »

Bandar Log greets its neighbors. We believe in peaceful borders, at least until the independent provinces are properly brought to heel.

-K
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Hosting interval has been boosted to 36h, although this hasn't been coming up.

--DrP
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

So is anyone at war yet?

Shouldn't there be stabbing?
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

There's still a few indie provinces yet, some of them with Thrones. No particular reason to go to war yet, at least from my position. I'm sure it'll happen soonish, though.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Everybody invade Pythium, got it :P
Last edited by Grek on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
K
King

Post by K »

Did I just see a province flip from Man to Marignon on my border? Is this the start of the "M&M Wars"?
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Does anyone want earth, blood or death (I've only got a few of each)? I'm starting up const, and would be interested in obtaining useful items either for gems or in kind.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Good news! Our witch hunters have found so many witches!
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Actually we prefer the term "Neo pagans" if you would be so kind.

Also, we would prefer you didn't come barging around here waving those pikes around. Makes the place look awfully untidy.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

The communion applauds in perfect unison. It's a power-clap, getting faster and faster.

Knife Bright Insight decrees that, while their allegiance to false idols damns them from their own mouths, we are nonetheless to respect the zeal and determination of the pagans and the insane fire-cultists both.

The True Goddess decrees that each should embrace this admirable if misguided determination and fight until their despicable enemies are slaughtered to a person.

-- a2w2s3, First of the Communion, Voice of Knife Bright Insight
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

So the inevitable ragerant about someone not respecting a NAP is officially sccheduled for three posts after mine.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

DrPraetor wrote:-- a2w2s3, First of the Communion, Voice of Knife Bright Insight
Just as a note, is there still any need to rename commanders to their paths now the commander token shows them on pretty much every screen? Or is that just a legacy deal?
Simplified Tome Armor.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

It's a legacy deal in my case, and because I like to see the path numbers in site-searching and ritual casting reports. I will also rename them for tactics (e.g. a3ws3 X1) but this is, generally speaking, a bad idea in multiplayer if people figure out that X1 is storm.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

I see, so having beaten back the pike wielders the peaceful sisters of Man turn around to see an infestation of lizards.

I guess the Marignonese have won a reprieve whilst we deal with this fresh annoyance.

Edit - Oh, and as Marignon just lost over 200 soldiers, anyone wanting a piece of their cap circle will probably find little resistance there. :wink:
Last edited by Red_Rob on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

He says as he gets baited into moving his entire army out of position and letting C'tis take four provinces in his cap circle and his only non-cap fort.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

On the one hand, I really don't want C'tis to eat all of Man at this stage.

On the other hand, I really don't want to invade C'tis and get all diseased.

Also I'd like to keep my territory relatively compact, if at all possible.

So, this poses a significant quandry.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

We're at least six posts late for MisterDee, but the communion wishes to reinforce some theological points:

[*] The spokesman of the communion speaks ex cathedra, and thus without error - anything said by the communion is the transcendent truth, by definition.

[*] To unbelievers, according to their worldly and disingenuous nature, this may not seem to be the case, but the apparent contradictions arise from the limitations inherent in a purely worldly understanding, and not from falsehoods or inconsistencies.

Also, while I agreed to let C'tis have first crack at Man's capital, I didn't promise anything about C'tis' capital. If C'tis breaks of the siege, they're the ones breaking the agreement, not me.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I may not be able to get another turn in over the weekend (depending on when exactly the game next hosts), so I set the host timer to 96h. I'll set it back to 36h on Sunday night when I get back.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

And back to 36h, although the deadline on the current turn is still Thursday.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

And lo, the Silver Sarcophagus did open, and terror did arise from within in the form of a Divine Mummy which was promptly stabbed to death by a few Wolf Tribe militia like this was 5e D&D.
K
King

Post by K »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:And lo, the Silver Sarcophagus did open, and terror did arise from within in the form of a Divine Mummy which was promptly stabbed to death by a few Wolf Tribe militia like this was 5e D&D.
Event?
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Ouch.

Everyone want to gang up on C'tis?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

K wrote:Event?
Yes. Honestly, I think I got lucky because the thing had some beef and fear. PD taking it out was ideal, because it diseased everyone who based it.
Everyone want to gang up on C'tis?
What's happened? My intel is abysmal.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

C'tis is camped on Man's capital, and I lost a communion and an army of cataphracts to his massed sauromancers.

It would've gone slightly better if I'd held off a turn and scripted to cast antimagic - he makes heavy use of shadowblast - but not much. He also tends to have howl and poison vapors up in major battles.
GreatGreyShrike
Master

Post by GreatGreyShrike »

For my part, I must admit that those were some very impressive thunderstrikes that your communion used to kill literally hundreds of units. The Theurgs and Arch Theurgs had 401 kills between them.

Too bad, really, about the unending numbers of skeletons.

I find it totally hilarious that the 4000 gp worth of Serpent Cataphracts you brought to the fight didn't manage to get a single kill.