The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Trump Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only telling half the story/lying is normal for the Republican party. That 'is' normal for them. I also don't believe the fight would even be worth it. Some of the Republicans have outright said that this is nothing and anyone left who didn't believe those Reps sure as fuck do not care what the Dems have to then say. I think there really should be an outcry against the outright construction of a treasonous narrative on Fox and affiliates. They are telling the country that the FBI is trying to usurp the White House. That is outrageous.
Finally a thread about fighters!
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The FBI absolutely did try to usurp the White House... at the end of the last fucking administration to make the current one happen. It's just bizarre that they're now at war with the FBI and CIA, their own pet groups. It's weird to live in a world where those organisations are trying to defend against Republican bullshit.
rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Koumei wrote:
The FBI absolutely did try to usurp the White House... at the end of the last fucking administration to make the current one happen. It's just bizarre that they're now at war with the FBI and CIA, their own pet groups. It's weird to live in a world where those organisations are trying to defend against Republican bullshit.

Seriously. James Comey belongs in fucking jail for his Pro-Trump antics in the last days of the election. It is fucking bizarre.
maglag
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rasmuswagner wrote:
Koumei wrote:

Seriously. James Comey belongs in fucking jail for his Pro-Trump antics in the last days of the election. It is fucking bizarre.

Have you been living under a rock for the last decades or something that you never noticed how the CIA/FBI support dangerous crazy people and then the dangerous crazy people turn back on them all the time? The words "Bin Laden" rings any bells?

Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Pixels
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:
The democrats should just release the memo themselves. It's their memo. Presumably, they have a copy of it, and can just post it on the internet.
A Senator can read it into the public record, Mike Gravel style. They would face censure though, which sounds just like the kind of thing Mitch McConnell would jump all over.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Koumei wrote:
I don't count partisanship as a coup and as far as I can tell that whole stunt was Comey's baby. There is a big difference between Comey talking loudly about the fact that they are still fucking with Hillary, and the narrative they are spinning where they are saying the FBI is trying to seize the White House.
Thaluikhain
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maglag wrote:
rasmuswagner wrote:
Koumei wrote:

Have you been living under a rock for the last decades or something that you never noticed how the CIA/FBI support dangerous crazy people and then the dangerous crazy people turn back on them all the time? The words "Bin Laden" rings any bells?

Eh, normally they'd turn back on who has inherited the job some years down the track. Less than 2 years is impressively shortsighted.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The FBI contradicts the lies coming out of the White House about what was known about Rob Porter's abuse and when

According to Wray, they contacted the White House four times about this before it went public, starting all the way back in March. Also, the White House claimed the investigation was "ongoing", indicating that they hadn't drawn any conclusions on Porter, but Wray said they closed the file in January. Sanders has "clarified" that they meant whatever White House decisions that still had to be made.

Despite all of this, Porter was being considered for a promotion. Apparently, wife-beating is okay, so long as you don't get caught. Attention assholes currently employed by the White House: maybe, only hit your wife in the stomach instead of the face, or something? Or maybe don't hit her at all. I dunno. Check with your bosses to see what the latest is on acceptable levels of wife-beating in Trump's administration.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not entirely new news about beloved Führer Goldilocks, but i just learned about this today:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/20/trump-budget-sesame-street/99403424/
Could Trump's 2018 budget kill Sesame Street's beloved Big Bird?
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I heard yesterday they want to cut funding to PBS and NPR. From what I understand, they're mostly covered by private donations, so I'm not sure how quickly they could pick up the slack and just move on.

I guess this isn't surprising. Republicans and facts are like vampires and sunlight. They like it better in the dark.
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RobbyPants wrote:
The FBI contradicts the lies coming out of the White House about what was known about Rob Porter's abuse and when

According to Wray, they contacted the White House four times about this before it went public, starting all the way back in March. Also, the White House claimed the investigation was "ongoing", indicating that they hadn't drawn any conclusions on Porter, but Wray said they closed the file in January. Sanders has "clarified" that they meant whatever White House decisions that still had to be made.

Despite all of this, Porter was being considered for a promotion. Apparently, wife-beating is okay, so long as you don't get caught. Attention assholes currently employed by the White House: maybe, only hit your wife in the stomach instead of the face, or something? Or maybe don't hit her at all. I dunno. Check with your bosses to see what the latest is on acceptable levels of wife-beating in Trump's administration.

Most politician are assholes. Alexander the Great once got drunk and stabbed his best friend to death with a spear. That doesn't make him a bad leader, just a shitty friend.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:

Most politician are assholes. Alexander the Great once got drunk and stabbed his best friend to death with a spear. That doesn't make him a bad leader, just a shitty friend.

I called Rob Porter an asshole because he beat his wife, not because he was an ineffective staff secretary. Actually, I guess I called other hypothetical wife-beaters in the administration assholes, but yeah.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, despite all the utter shit going on today, Trump felt it was important to announce that no, really, he was opposed to domestic violence. So opposed, it didn't even need to be said.

Presumably he'll go on to say that slavery and genocide are 'sad!' I expect little to nothing on the topic of gun violence.

Last edited by Voss on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Voss wrote:
So, despite all the utter shit going on today, Trump felt it was important to announce that no, really, he was opposed to domestic violence. So opposed, it didn't even need to be said.

Presumably he'll go on to say that slavery and genocide are 'sad!' I expect little to nothing on the topic of gun violence.

So against domestic abusers that he spends all his time forcing one to eat fast food and drink coke until he dies.
The perfect analogy for capitalism is a teenage kid, who refuses to listen to his dad when he gives him a tip on solving a problem. And keeps optimizing how to rake the yard using the handle instead of the head.

DSMatticus wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the wake of the latest school shooting in Florida Trump gave one of his most normal-sounding speeches, ever. Predictably, he steered the whole thing toward "mental health problem, not gun problem", but I'm so used to his "both sides" bullshit that I honestly wasn't sure how far he'd stick his foot in his own mouth.
saithorthepyro
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be a little kind in the fact that yes a lot of shootings, at least the ones with the most media attention. But his tweet about reporting oddities in people's behaviors to the authorities, do you think he understands what that sounds like or does he not know what a police state is?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really stigmatizing to people with actual recognized mental conditions to constantly be blamed for white nationalist neo nazis wearing MAGA hats shooting people up.

It would be nice if we stopped doing that, and acknowledge that mental health doesn't cover "being a murderous nazi" and we should probably acknowledge them for what they are.
The perfect analogy for capitalism is a teenage kid, who refuses to listen to his dad when he gives him a tip on solving a problem. And keeps optimizing how to rake the yard using the handle instead of the head.

DSMatticus wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
It's really stigmatizing to people with actual recognized mental conditions to constantly be blamed for white nationalist neo nazis wearing MAGA hats shooting people up.

It would be nice if we stopped doing that, and acknowledge that mental health doesn't cover "being a murderous nazi" and we should probably acknowledge them for what they are.

Especially in that if the shooter were brown and/or Muslim, "mental illness" would not have been mentioned, and they would have instead been a "murderous person with a dangerous ideology."
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, apparantly Trump wants to replace food stamps with a food box that he likens to Blue Apron.

This wouldn't be a bad idea if it really was like blue apron, and was adequite (three meals per person per day, with fresh meats and vegetables, and customizable based on dietary restrictions). But that wouldn't exactly be less expensive.

Instead, it's apparently going to be crappy canned foods, powdered milk and peanut butter, with no customization (so if you have a peanut allergy you can just go fuck yourself).
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. I ranted about that a few days ago on FB. It's so stupid I can't even.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My only hope is that when poor white people in the south start starving, they turn on him.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Likely they are already going hungry because contrary to popular belief food stamps are not a cure all. I know it differs from state to state but considering how it works in this Red State likely southern states have seen similar cuts to food stamps in the face of rising food costs and that hasn't gotten them to actually turn on Republicans yet. They are being constantly told something else is the problem by all forms of media. Seriously, listen to the local radio in these right wing heavy places and imagine that's all they ever hear from the news, friends, and family.
Thaluikhain
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, they voted for a guy who wants to take their healthcare away, and as much of the education system as he can. I don't see this being a wake-up call.

Last edited by Thaluikhain on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As usual, nothing about the Mueller indictments casts more suspicion on Cheeto Benito than his own response. An actually innocent person, or someone who was any good at pretending to be one, would be outraged at Russia's attack on our democracy, maybe distance themselves from previous associations with Russia, certainly start enforcing the sanctions-against-Russia law they themselves signed.

Instead, the office of the president has released 'no collusion' statements multiple times, at least once in all caps. It's like he's been coached on how to look guilty.
K
King

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:
So, apparantly Trump wants to replace food stamps with a food box that he likens to Blue Apron.

This wouldn't be a bad idea if it really was like blue apron, and was adequite (three meals per person per day, with fresh meats and vegetables, and customizable based on dietary restrictions). But that wouldn't exactly be less expensive.

Instead, it's apparently going to be crappy canned foods, powdered milk and peanut butter, with no customization (so if you have a peanut allergy you can just go fuck yourself).

My friend believes that this is an attack on California because we make so much agriculture and fresh food.

Personally, I think its just yet another way for a no-bid contract to make some guy rich by providing substandard services to the government and the people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: