The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
It's Personal...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good show, JK.
Mask_De_H
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Josh_Kablack wrote:
Small victory that is personally yuge: Yesterday I actually ran a mile -- it took almost 6 months since the hamstring injury to recover enough to do so.

Awesome.

How'd you injure your hamstring?
Thaluikhain
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, congrats. Out of interest, do you know your time?

I don't actually know what a normal time for running a mile is, though.
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At six miles an hour (a comfortable slow run/fast jog) a mile is 10 minutes. The fastest speed on most treadmills is 12/mph which corresponds to a 5 minute mile. Anything in the 7-8 minutes I would consider 'good' - not Olympic caliber but certainly excellent for non-athletes.
Josh_Kablack
King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mask_De_H wrote:

Awesome.

How'd you injure your hamstring?

I tripped over a mover's dolly at work and fell in a way that involved doing an involuntary split.

Thaluikhain wrote:

Out of interest, do you know your time?

I don't actually know what a normal time for running a mile is, though.

I was just under 10 minutes -- so it was technically "running" and not just "jogging". Now it was indoors on a treadmill, which is always notably faster for me than outdoor running.

For comparison, last year pre-injury I could put in up to four miles on the treadmill at a 9 min/mile pace or strain real hard to finish a single treadmill mile in under 8 minutes. Since I'm only competing with myself and running for health, those are the numbers that matter.

If instead I was trying to compete with seriously competitive runners: the Unversity of Pittsburgh track team's record mile time is a fraction of a second over 4 minutes.

Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just found out that my uncle goes by the alternate name of Swami Loopynanda.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://deepcuts.blog/2018/02/17/hypothetical-materfamilias-1994-by-adele-olivia-gladwell/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170
Page 170 of 170

Jump to: