The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Monster Hunter World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Monster Hunter World Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been playing MH since the PS2 release, having a blast in World.

Just finished the first major story arc with the volcano dragon, really enjoyed it. Going around collecting pets to fill my fancy living space with.

I like using the longsword, greatsword, and switchaxes, two handed bladed weapons speak to me. Gonna try out the insect glaive when I craft a proper Dragoon armor set with all the jump attack bonuses.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I REALLY need to get this game! I tried to get the ultimate edition, but apparently no place on the entire planet has it...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Chamomile
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a current gen console, so I'm waiting for a PC release while whining about Tri on my blog.

Question for people who've played more than one game in the series: Is it worth it to buy earlier installments? Monster Hunter's on PS2 and it's selling on Amazon for thirty bucks, which is reasonably cheap for a full-length game but way too expensive for a game that is basically the same as one I already own but with slightly fewer monsters, weapons, etc. etc. Is the setting or story of earlier Monster Hunter games meaningfully different from Tri (like, Tri has pretty minor amounts of worldbuilding and plot, but if other games have different locations and stories, that's still something to tide me over while I wait for World to release on PC), or is it like Dynasty Warriors, where one installment in the franchise is going to be the best available at any given time and you can ignore all of the rest?

Last edited by Chamomile on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most Monster Hunter games are light on story, and follow the formula of hunt a monster, make cool weapons and sexy armor from it's skin, go hunt a tougher monster, and make cooler weapons and sexier armor, repeat ad infinitum. The most definitive game (besides World) would probably be Monster Hunter Generations, which has the easiest learning curve of any other entry, has a decent mix of locales to hunt in, a sizable monster list, and, of course, you get to play as a cat.

If you want an MH game with a story, then you should check out Monster Hunter Stories, because that is exactly what the game has (hence the name). It's a traditional turn-based JRPG rather than an action-hunting game, but it's pretty good, IMHO.

Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 am; edited 2 times in total
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The other day I joined the session of Japanese adult video actress Sora Aoi. She was higher HR than me and fancy rathalos beta gear with gems.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the worst thing about playing Monster Hunter in the US, is that it doesn't have the same level of popularity that it does in the East. I mean, I've owned Generations for over two years, and I've only gotten two Streetpass hits in that time. I literally only know one other person who owns the game (Darth), and that's because I got it for him so we could play together... And he hasn't touched the damn thing! And this is a game that is basically requires you to play multiplayer for the high-end quests.

... Could you and every other MH player you know move overseas to Boston? Especially Sora?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: