It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

If you are *that* apathetic about it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

sorry if it is kinda hard for me to get excited about an almost 8 year old game . .
I looked up online prices and it isn't even worth selling it because i'd pay more in postage than the asking price could realistically be <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

This is more of a complaint with no real solution but I just got Fallout 4 and my computer won't play it. I mean, it can play but the framerate is terrible, I can't hit anything unless it's stationary because everything can move quite a distance between frames (had to beat the deathclaw at the beginning to death with a police baton because I couldn't hit it with the minigun with it flickering all over the screen) and we can forget about the settlement minigame because whenever I'm choosing something I can't see shit (You know how normally it colors the area green or red depending on whether you can place the object you're holding? In my case it's a solid mass of color the completely obscures my vision)

My laptop is 5 years old and it's probably my fault for doing this to it though,.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Yeah, FO4 requires a good bit of beef in the video department to play at all. Whatever its other flaws (and there are MANY) the game is a significant graphical step up from Skyrim, with system requirements to match. Five year old laptop really isn't gonna cut it, sorry to say. May I recommend a step backwards to Fallout New Vegas? It's much easier on your box, and it's a much better written game, to boot.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Already have it.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i have a comparatively beefy gaming computer . .
and that thing still struggles with FO4, especially with the 4K textures . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I'm overdue for a new computer anyway. Probably will set aside some money from my tax returns to get a decent gaming computer, for everything else my laptop will do.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

My partner's laptop can run it a bit better. I may write a longer post in the video game section but is there a mod that gives you more details on what you're about to say? I tried to tell someone he was mistaken how baseball was played, and my character decided to start the sentence with "listen, DUMBASS....". I felt like I didn't have control over that situation and would like to make more informed choices about my dialogue.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

You and everybody else.
Because that is the actual main complaint about the game.
Has been since they first had the main character talk with recorded spoken lines.
That is not to say it was much better in FO3 and FNV, but it was still better.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Getting sued for unpaid medical bills. Again. I'm assuming by someone else because I've been making the agreed upon payments on my last judgment. Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Well, I don't want you to commit suicide. What's the over/under on bankruptcy?
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

What exactly is happening, Count? Where are the medical bills coming from?

Game On,
fbmf
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Is there any chance the plaintiff is full of shit? Collection agencies often try to soak people for debts they have no particular right to or good paper trail for. Those can vanish if you show signs of putting up a fight. Depending on where you live, there may be all kinds of resources and recourse available to you.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.
I care very much.

We all get shit on by life sometimes. Maybe laying out the full scale of the problem would be helpful.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Getting sued for unpaid medical bills. Again. I'm assuming by someone else because I've been making the agreed upon payments on my last judgment. Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.
Feel empathy for you. I know I hated having suicidal ideation for the time I had it.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Getting sued for unpaid medical bills. Again. I'm assuming by someone else because I've been making the agreed upon payments on my last judgment. Not that any of you fuckers care but strongly considering suicide at this point, because that's the only thing that's going to stop this shit from happening again.
I care. While I'm sure we've had our disagreements here I don't want you to commit suicide.

That being said, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said here. But I've had suicidal thoughts in the past, and honestly just hearing that people cared helped. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I figured that I might as well try.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

We care, Count.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

Post by Schleiermacher »

Yeah, absolutely don't kill yourself. It's not going to make anything better for anyone.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

minnesota is fuckin lit right now
bears fall, everyone dies
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I've got too much on my plate. So of course, I started another blog. Because now my sideprojects have sideprojects:

https://deepcuts.blog/2018/01/28/i-had- ... anna-russ/
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"On a techincal level, Russ is playing a stranger game than even _______" is an apt description of everything of hers I've read.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

http://deepcuts.blog/2018/02/03/shadow- ... stillwell/

First women poets of the Cthulhu Mythos.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Small victory that is personally yuge: Yesterday I actually ran a mile -- it took almost 6 months since the hamstring injury to recover enough to do so.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."