The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Moments when a piece of entertainment completely lost you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:
How the hell do you go from a guy in a green outfit riding a giant dog to this?

Probably through the same process that turns Superman into a murderer and Batman into a mass murderer.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele wrote:
If that were the case, more movies would be about the white man going out and conquering and less about the white man being attacked by non white men and needing to defend themselves.

Not quite. The bog standard white supremacy narrative is that whites are under attack by non-whites, and their violence against those people is self-defense.

hyzmarca wrote:
There are many reason to complain about Justice League. I don't think racism against minorities is one of them.

Eh, sure. It was more noticeable that the female characters did virtually fuck all, than that the minority characters did.

Quote:
We have an epic saga of war and family reduced to one asshole with an axe looking for some computers. New Genesis doesn't even get a mention. Plus they continue using the darker aesthetics from Man of Steel, instead of using Jack Kirby's designs, which is extremely disappointing.

Personally, I hate the Kirby New Gods designs. But watching the battle with Steppenwolf in Justice League, I did suddenly realize that it was like I was watching a God of War fight. And not a good God of War fight.

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Probably through the same process that turns Superman into a murderer and Batman into a mass murderer.

Yeah... very shortly into Justice League, I remembered all the shit Batman was doing in BvS:DoJ:WtF:CiA:VtM:MtA:MtG:MtR:HtR:DtF, and... how the fuck are people going to say to the guy who was going around branding common criminals and say "yeah, you seem like a totally reasonable person, I will fight beside you"

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak wrote:

Yeah... very shortly into Justice League, I remembered all the shit Batman was doing in BvS:DoJ:WtF:CiA:VtM:MtA:MtG:MtR:HtR:DtF, and... how the fuck are people going to say to the guy who was going around branding common criminals and say "yeah, you seem like a totally reasonable person, I will fight beside you"

Presumably because he's a billionaire who's already invested in his own infrastructure and would be helpful to their cause.

That, or this wasn't really taken into consideration, and the branding thing was part of making everything all dark and edgy and giving Superman and Batman more reason to hate each other, and then it was promptly forgotten.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:

I've never seen his green outfit before, the toy I had looked like this: http://www.dcuc.info/wave_11/steppenwolf-super-powers-version/
Mord
Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hyzmarca wrote:

I think he looks more like a demon from Buffy or Angel than anything else.
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RobbyPants wrote:

Presumably because he's a billionaire who's already invested in his own infrastructure and would be helpful to their cause.

That, or this wasn't really taken into consideration, and the branding thing was part of making everything all dark and edgy and giving Superman and Batman more reason to hate each other, and then it was promptly forgotten.
Haven't seen it, but from the way Movie Bob describes it, Justice League tries to pretend Man of Steel and Batman v Superman didn't quite happen the way they did and were a lot less edgy grimdark.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sir Neil wrote:
hyzmarca wrote:

I've never seen his green outfit before, the toy I had looked like this: http://www.dcuc.info/wave_11/steppenwolf-super-powers-version/

That's the one I recognize, probably from some animated thing or other. Vaguely genghis khan looking stereotype mother fucker that effectively acts as a herald/harbinger to prove how badass the boss is.

Last edited by Voss on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116
Page 116 of 116

Jump to: