The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Annoying Questions I'd Like Answered...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foxwarrior
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Publishing PDFs on DriveThruRPG to have them sell for you is relatively painless, they just take a full-sized publisher's cut and let you go on through.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? Ouch. That's kind of bullshit for what little drivethru does to sell products. Bigger name stuff shows up in emails sometimes, and that's about it.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, naming a character Medea for no apparent reason, I went with, particularly because I never had any interest in.... any of Tyler Perry's stuff.

But today, I saw this poster-

(or a version of it)

I looked it up, intrigued by the possibility that there was going to be a movie featuring Medusa, and...

It's some Tyler Perry thing, that has nothing to do with Medusa, so far as I can tell.

Why the hell does Tyler Perry use names from greek myth and a creature from it on a completely non-fantasy movie's poster?

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Foxwarrior
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Voss wrote:
Really? Ouch. That's kind of bullshit for what little drivethru does to sell products. Bigger name stuff shows up in emails sometimes, and that's about it.

Yeah, well, if it's good enough for Steam, it's good enough for DriveThruRPG.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Foxwarrior wrote:
Voss wrote:

Yeah, well, if it's good enough for Steam, it's good enough for DriveThruRPG.

Not sure what you mean. Steam incessantly tries to foist terrible indie shit on me.
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak wrote:
Ok, naming a character Medea for no apparent reason, I went with, particularly because I never had any interest in.... any of Tyler Perry's stuff.

But today, I saw this poster-

(or a version of it)

I looked it up, intrigued by the possibility that there was going to be a movie featuring Medusa, and...

It's some Tyler Perry thing, that has nothing to do with Medusa, so far as I can tell.

Why the hell does Tyler Perry use names from greek myth and a creature from it on a completely non-fantasy movie's poster?

Madea isn't from greek myth. The first vowel is an important distinction. Madea is a slurring of My Dear. (My Dear becomes Ma Dear becomes Madear becomes Madea).

As for Acrimony, well have you seen the trailer? It's a pretty good metaphor.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I lost some weight a bit too fast and I'm getting hanging skin everywhere. I don't suppose there's something I can do other than get it cut out, is there?
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
I lost some weight a bit too fast and I'm getting hanging skin everywhere. I don't suppose there's something I can do other than get it cut out, is there?

You can promote skin elasticity by drinking more water and eating more collagen and elastin: milk, beans, seeds, nuts, fish.
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:

You can promote skin elasticity by drinking more water and eating more collagen and elastin: milk, beans, seeds, nuts, fish.

A better source of collagen and elastin is from soup made from meat bones. It's from connective tissue in animals, so the chance of it being in any of the foods you mention besides the fish is pretty much zero, and the fish is questionable because it's not like we eat a fish's connective tissues often.

Or just get a supplement.
Nachtigallerator
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The entire idea that collagen and elastin survive your stomach acids and digestive enzymes is absurd, no matter what food you eat to acquire them. Stuff you eat has to move into your blood to be useful to the body, so it needs to be degraded down from the molecules you would call collagen, which are huge.

And while you could argue that that would at least provide your body with the raw materials to make new collagen, the problem with skin flaps is not that you don't have enough collagen or elastin, nor is your body lacking the materials to make it's own collagen and elastin. Skin you have grown is skin you have grown - there is no bodily process that registers how tight your skin is and periodically removes extra cells, and subcutis isn't a coherent band under the skin that can somehow pull it tighter. I don't know how people imagine that would work, but if you can't tighten it by hand without removing some of it, how exactly would your body do that?

You'll need to have surgery done to get rid of these flaps, full stop.

Last edited by Nachtigallerator on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starmaker
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

#2 here
Dear Americans,
do you actually have freeform loan applications?

whyyyyyy
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My reading of the article was that this was based on peer-to-peer loans. Basically I go and ask people at this website to give me money for 'good reasons' and people that agree offer the money. Sort of like Kickstarter for loans... But I didn't look into it further.
Starmaker
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah I see. It's weird, then, that only 13% default.

Also, since individual unsupervised humans are making decisions, bad study is bad - no control for if people who appealed to emotions defaulted more because more lenders were willing to lend to risky borrowers if the appeal was emotional enough out of charitable feelings.

Last edited by Starmaker on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 239, 240, 241
Page 241 of 241

Jump to: