[PbP; ED4] Wild Barsaive Adventures

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

"That troll may be worthy of pitty, not anger. Not all Horror victims submit willingly. In any case, it sounds like he's too far gone, killing him would be a mercy."

Horus follows behind the pair of trolls.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

"What I am is not this meat. If a Horror takes me, kill the wretched creature that remains. I will have already perished, and another walks with my feet. So too with this. I can honor the troll that was, but not the monster he has become."

While Markis considers this discussion very important and interesting, this is not the time to pursue it in depth. To the cave!
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

The cave is dim, but well sized for trolls to use. A bear trap has been left to one side, but Markis spots and and waves everyone around it. The tunnel is not long and mostly straightish until a bend after about 40ft.

Ahead, you can hear the mad troll chanting loudly around the bend.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Eitan
NPC

Post by Eitan »

Saoirse whispers, "What do we want to do? I can provide more Air Armor if its needed."
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

"If he has any more undead with him - stick to the circles."

Horus waits for combat-savvy trolls to take the lead.

OOC: Any meaning to the chanting?
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

You hear "Tartuk" among the words, but the rest is in an unknown language. Best guess based on the other evidence: Tartuk is either a component of or target of some sort of horror-construct ritual.
tenngu
1st Level

Post by tenngu »

Gurunk snorts and whispers "I've taken on big trolls before, but not horror-trolls. We should probably rush him and mess up any ritual he's doing before he completes it."

OOC: I'll take point again with Pixels, because that went really really well last time. :cool:
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Markis nods. "Mmm. Let's go then."
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Sorry for the delay, busy weekend.

Markis and Gurunk leap around the corner with Saoirse and Horus close behind!

You're all in a large cave, perhaps 15yards across, with a huge pool of blood in the middle. The missing horse is nearby and slightly uphill from the pool itself, dead on the ground, its blood draining down to join the larger pool.

Within the pool itself stands the mad spellcaster, waving his arms and chanting while encased in an orange and green light. He is facing towards you, and his voice rises as you come into view. The light seems to fall off of him and into the blood pool. Then, another form rises up from the blood. It's the torso of an Ork that's been connected to the legs of the horse! It's Tartuk!
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Horus whispers: "I can drop a cloud of darkness on him if that'd help."

OOC: guess who sloted all the wrong spells today! Mystic Armor sure would have been helpful right now, wouldn't it?
Last edited by Longes on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

OOC: Can't plan for everything. Who knew we would have to fight zombies and trolls and orctaurs, oh my?

Are the troll and orctaur side by side, or is one noticably in front of the other?
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Tartuk the Orktar is a few yards closer to you, between your group and the troll.

As you gawk, the troll begins a classic maniacal cackle and shouts with glee "now the world will know the true might of Ladras!"