Youtube videos that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

erik
King

Post by erik »

Florida authorities made the decision that an amateur ASL user was better than no interpreter at all for Hurricane Irma. It was glorious. I feel kind of bad for the guy.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

You might enjoy this. Not the original MGMT version by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeKs0YJlSTs
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

No word yet on pricing or availability

https://i.imgur.com/Cziz5WG.gifv
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Literally everything about antifa/protests coverage, in one nice short continuing video that covers everything pretty quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVOuY7hoqEs
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

As you may or may not know, Daniel Hardcastle (Nerd³) suffered somewhat of a nervous breakdown and took an extended leave of 1.5 months from youtube.
For somebody who used to make 1 or 2 videos per day that is a long ass time.
And his newer videos kinda sorta show that he has gone off the deep end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx1KIsxLUis
TECHNICALLY COMPLETELY SFW!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

phlapjackage wrote:No word yet on pricing or availability

https://i.imgur.com/Cziz5WG.gifv
What's the point if you can't transform it yourself?

It's like handing little kids tablets...
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Yes. That was awesome. Was it Kung Fu Hustle that had something like that??
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yes, Kung-Fu-Hustle had the chinese string instrument played by the two dudes with the long fingernails that used soundwaves as cutting implements.

And the Lions Roar.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World has multiple music battle scenes too.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Post by Shatner »

erik
King

Post by erik »

That's a blast from the past! That was one of the videos I downloaded back in the day to show to my kids when they were toddlers. That and viking kittens with the immigrant song.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Awesome. :)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/181545244
Yes, i realize it is not youtube, but THE FUTURE IS HERE.
We actually have Giant Robots.
And they are going to stream the fight between the american and japanese one on the 17th of october . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The Future is @here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ouLX8Q9UM

Published on Oct 17, 2017
BEHOLD, THE WORLD'S FIRST GIANT ROBOT DUEL, BETWEEN MEGABOTS, INC (USA) AND SUIDOBASHI HEAVY INDUSTRY (JAPAN)! Science fiction fantasies become reality as gigantic robots, piloted by their creators, go head-to-head in this historic battle!
Last edited by Stahlseele on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

That is... really boring.

Thanks for crushing my dreams of giant robots in the future, nerds.

Honestly not sure of the point of putting pilots in them. Reduced it to just shoving and scratching at paint with the lowest-revved chainsaw I've ever seen.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

ASMR Roleplay: Tender and Emotionally Intelligent Funky Kong Consoles You After A Messy Divorce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7K2Bql6D4
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

A friend showed me to this guy and I've been listening to his videos every night at work this week. I have to admit despite the slow pace at which he speaks he allows me to get a sense of what the alt-right not!nazis have to say without me having to really go out there and find them.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Nice Russian documentary about the ISS
Right at the start (like 4 min in) you can see Orthodox priests blessing the cosmonauts before they embark. There's also icons of Mary and Baby Jesus at the Station's heart (these are also clearly visible in other documentaries about Earth's only Space Station)

Kind of jarring to see these religious symbols among so much cutting-edge 70s' technology, but the Russians probably figured that a +1 morale bonus to Attack Rolls and Will Saves vs Fear could't hurt.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

nockermensch wrote:Kind of jarring to see these religious symbols among so much cutting-edge 70s' technology, but the Russians probably figured that a +1 morale bonus to Attack Rolls and Will Saves vs Fear could't hurt.
The church is marking territory, like a dog. The Russian Orthodox Church = evangelical hate and child grooming + catholic child rape + scientology corruption, slavery and billion year contracts + Manson Family cults (plural) + neo-Nazi militias (plural) + mafia extortion and vice trade, all of this at Russian taxpayers' expense. They look goofy to an outside observer, but don't forget they're fucking evil.
Last edited by Starmaker on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

A friend of a friend is trying to get enough buzz for this
Nick Short Cartoon that it turns into a series.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

https://youtu.be/toXNVbvFXyk
Looks like something D&D gnomes would build.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

nockermensch wrote:https://youtu.be/toXNVbvFXyk
Looks like something D&D gnomes would build.
I think the 'fingers' looking like arachnid legs and the elevated strings suggesting webs make it seem more like Drow tech. I think gnomes would make something like a marble machine.