The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
U.S. News That Makes You Laugh/Cry/Both/Neither...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509 ... 514, 515, 516  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Rabbitt
King

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dimmy wrote:
And probably pigeon-racing, if that's a thing.

I lived about a 10 minutes' walk away from a pigeon racing club for the first 25 years of my life so I can assure you that pigeon racing is a thing.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MGuy wrote:
Trump has a special talent for unifying people against him. What was a divisive form of protest has exploded in popularity just from him weighing in on it baseball, football, players, people singing the anthem, etc all participating in civil protest. It's a bit inspiring

And the people who do come out against it tend to make the most repugnant arguments. I just unfollowed my old boss when she linked a Breitbart meme relating to the protest.

I think my favorite counter argument is "saying the players are protesting the flag is like saying Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation".
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Senate Republicans will not vote on the Graham Cassidy bill, as it will not have 50 votes
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/353097-senate-unveils-2018-budget-resolution

tl;dr: GOP abandons any pretense of fiscal conservatism, wants tax cuts for rich people
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, since I've been 7 years old it's been pretty transparent that"Fiscal Conservatism" meant "deficits are bad when they are paying to keep brown and poor people from starving and dying of disease but totally don't matter when they let bankers buy bigger yachts"
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least 50 killed and 200 injured in mass shooting at a concert in Las Vegas. The news is still breaking at this point and many details are unknown.

Edit: some more details

• More than 50 dead
  • Over 400 rushed to hospital because of injuries from shooting and ensuing stampede
  • Shooter identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock
  • Shots lasted for 10-15 minutes
  • Based on audio of gun fire, the shooter likely used a belt-fed automatic weapon

Trump calls attack "pure evil", but, of course,
refrains from using the 'T' word

Last edited by RobbyPants on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

California moves its 2020 primary up from June to March, putting it on "Super Tuesday". The goal is to give the state a larger say in the primaries.
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have friends and family who are affected by the fires. Sad

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Latest-on-North-Bay-fires-A-really-rough-12263721.php
LargePrime
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: roe vs what ??? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1708125
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neogaff
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neoidgaff
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently someone told the cops in 2008 that Lanza had an assault rifle and planned to shoot up the school in Sandy Hook.

Then the police said "yeah but the guns technically belong to his mom, so there' no threat since he doesn't have access to them, let's ignore this."

Then 4 years later, he took one of the guns, shot his mom, and shot up the school.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mass shooting in church in San Antonio
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RobbyPants wrote:

[Nitpick]
Your article wrote:

Sutherland Springs is in Wilson County, about 30 miles east of San Antonio.

[/Nitpick]

I have family/many friends in San Antonio, and I got freaked out for a moment.

Game On,
fbmf

Last edited by fbmf on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starmaker
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WaPo wrote:
Brazile describes in wrenching detail Clinton’s bout with pneumonia. On Sept. 9, she saw the nominee backstage at a Manhattan gala and she seemed “wobbly on her feet” and had a “rattled cough.” Brazile recommended Clinton see an acupuncturist.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the one hand, she's clearly lying about everything else of her predictions or whatever now to sell her books.

On the other hand, I truly want to believe she recommended acupuncture to someone she thought was sick, because then I can make fun or her more.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Starmaker
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
On the one hand, she's clearly lying about everything else of her predictions or whatever now to sell her books.

On the other hand, I truly want to believe she recommended acupuncture to someone she thought was sick, because then I can make fun or her more.

The source for it is apparently her own book, so even if it is a lie, she still thinks it portrays her in a positive light, and that by itself is worthy of ridicule.
Chamomile
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starmaker wrote:
Kaelik wrote:

The source for it is apparently her own book, so even if it is a lie, she still thinks it portrays her in a positive light, and that by itself is worthy of ridicule.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
nockermensch
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Out of touch person, from the Left: "You should try homeopathy for the cancer!"

Out of touch person, from the Right: "Terrorists are being shipped to this country by the thousands! We need to close our borders, now!"

Koumei wrote:
After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.

Last edited by nockermensch on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fbmf wrote:
RobbyPants wrote:

[Nitpick]
Your article wrote:

Sutherland Springs is in Wilson County, about 30 miles east of San Antonio.

[/Nitpick]

I have family/many friends in San Antonio, and I got freaked out for a moment.

Game On,
fbmf

Sorry about that. I posted it from my phone, which makes going back and forth between tabs, copy-pasting, and typing difficult.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump, on the mass shooting:
Quote:
This isn't a guns situation

Last edited by Voss on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Mass shootings are a mental health issue," says man who expanded access to guns for the mentally ill and is seeking cuts to funding for mental health.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brazile says she has no evidence the DNC primary was rigged
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is she trying to accomplish? If she's trying to save herself, she's failing miserably.
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maj wrote:
What is she trying to accomplish? If she's trying to save herself, she's failing miserably.

Buy her book and find out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509 ... 514, 515, 516  Next
Page 508 of 516

Jump to: