Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Last edited by Ancient History on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

I'm liking the Giger influence here.
Ancient History wrote:Image
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Zaranthan wrote:I'm liking the Giger influence here.
Unsurprising in having similar themes of machines and organics combining. Giger was suggested to Jodorowsky by Jean "Moebius" Giraud as the designer for the Harkonnen for Jodo's Dune production.

However, it's doubtful that Moebius was directly taking anything from Giger; he's sort of an institution in science fantasy art, and people have been widely ripping off Moebius' designs and aesthetic for decades. James Corben's much later work and almost all of Geoff Darrow are an awful lot like Moebius style in terms of illustrating highly rendered details with clean line work and colouring.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I don't remember Fortress Maximus being made up of TV-Screens O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

that's a cool cat daddy-o!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Ah, yes, Transformers vs. G.I. Joe, the over-the-top, fantastic crossover that was a trouser-shattering love letter to Silver Age comics. Tom Scioli was very influenced by Jack Kirby, in case you couldn't tell.

Also, I can personally attest that Fort Max really IS that blocky.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Last edited by Ancient History on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

ALL HANDS TO BROWN ALERT IMMEDIATELY
I REPEAT: ALL HANDS TO BROWN ALERT IMMEDIATELY
Last edited by Stahlseele on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

So why do your not-Borg collective neighbors look like Geth? I mean, of course everyone uploaded was willing and happy to do it, they were programmed to remember it that way.

I also find it hilarious that your super low quality ancestor simulator went full recursive and generated an even lower quality ancestor simulator within it.
Last edited by Hicks on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

The Not-Borg-Collective are the Preythorian Scourge.
One of the games (Stellaris) end game crisis things.
The Scourge is . . well, imagine the Zerg. Or the Tyrannids.
Basically a hungry hivemind with billions of mouths.
And appearantly the latest patch and DLC broke something.
And they came to the galaxy, took one look at what ammounts to more or less Terminator Tech and decided:"Yes, we like the look of that. We want to be rid of our fleshy bits and become immortal. And we will still eradicate everything else in this galaxy"
Which should not be possible. This synthetic ascension path is meant for players and non crisis AI empires only.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Last edited by Ancient History on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

After spending way too much time looking at doggo memes, I decided to make a bunch of religious ones:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I want those shirts on the Japanese poster AH posted
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Ancient History
Serious Badass