The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
The Ends v4.01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wanted to make sure.

Jingle: Do I see it correctly that the Redundant Biofeedback Filter are not added to the test?

Veracity: How are memories spaced on that chart? Because Jingle implants a memory with Veracity of the net hits, but all of them are labelled with terms related to Matrix sites.
I'm guessing that something you just glanced from the corner of your eye and didn't pay much attention to is Veracity 1 (every conflicting memory has priority over it).
I'm also guessing that DEEP memories, which impacted and shaped your behavior, that mark important points in your life and which you probably will never forget are Veracity 10 (it has priority over every other memory and will always be chosen as correct when in a dispute).

But how are the rest of them placed? Because a quick calculation shows:
Highest natural dicepool for hackers (no extra Qualities, Only Attributes, Skills and Ware) are 18 dice (Genetic Optimization(LOG) to get it to 1/7(10), LOG 7(10) through Cerebral Booster, Cybercombat(Attack) 6(+2))
The average person will have 6 dice to defend themselves (WIL 3, FIRE 3, no Cybercombat skill)
The hacker will on average get 6 hits. The peon will get 2 hits. Thus a memory with Veracity 4 is implanted, which is
The Ends of the Matrix, Chapter Matrix Attributes wrote:
4. Repeated News Stories

And I honestly have no fucking clue how "true" this will appear.

Last edited by Trill on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How would you disable a Bio-Monitor?
Ostraka could throw it out of the network, but that would make it stop sending.
Misplace could too, but it would also be obvious.
Can you use Impersonate and Fabricate to send the fake signals?
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What happens if someone has an Epileptic Fit and you use the RAS Override Program on him?
Lokathor
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd disable their muscles from communicating with their brain, halting the seizure. Probably used in hospitals a lot.
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But does it fully disable movement?
Or does it only suppress it, leaving the patient to (theoretically) move normally?
And how much of a threshold do you need to clear to stop it? 2 (as with MBW)?
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In SR3, there was a +8 TN to do ANYTHING PHYSICAL including just perception when RAS was active.
To put that into context, actual uncureable blindness only gave a +6 TN . . .
So, yes, in theory, you could do something . . in practice, you could TRY.
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele, I'm not talking about using RAS override on a normal person.
I'm talking about using it on a person with an epileptic fit, someone whose brain (and thus his motor neurons) are working overtime.
The question is: Is the inhibition of the motor neurons (which is what the RAS override does) stronger than the activity due to the fit, or equal?
If it is stronger, it means that the patient can move less than normal since the fit is cancelled AND further suppressed.
If it is just equal then it means that conscious movement (as far as that is possible during an epileptic fit) would be as easy as normal.

And if theoretically you'd want to try to cancel it, how well would you have to roll on the Program activation test? I'm guessing 2 since that is the threshold for MBW

Basically what I'm asking: If an enemy uses Seize on someone, could you use RAS Override to stop the effects?

Last edited by Trill on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lokathor
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say that the Seize only keeps happening if it has 6+ Net Hits, otherwise the RAS Override wins.
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So RAS Override needs only one net hit to stop a Epileptic Fit?

Also: Just cancelled or even suppressed more than normal?
Lokathor
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Seizure program would continue to run on the Network that was generating it, but it wouldn't have an effect until the RAS Override effect went away. If RAS Override was ended before the Seizure was ended the seizing would start back up agian.
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about natural seizures?
Lokathor
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno, roll 1d6 and if it's 1-5 it's totally overriden, otherwise you still jerk around some.

At some point you gotta make up your own rules pal :3
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That works
Trill
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you tag people in AR?
As in
"You can't see the enemies, but I can. I mark them so that, while you can't see the enemy, you can still see the ARO/Tag/Equivalent I put up and know where to shoot/where they move"

Looking at the drone chapter I know that you can highlight enemies:
"Ends of the Matrix, 'What Would Dalmatian Shoot?' wrote:
Highlighting Targets
Even if you aren't directly controlling a drone, you can designate a target for it to move to or
fire upon as a Free Action. It's a separate Free Action to highlight a target for each Drone,
and the Drone acts on its own Initiative and uses its own Pilot + Targeting to make attack
rolls.

But I don't know if that means "shoot in that direction" or "shoot at that particular target, and follow it if it moves"
I ruled it as the second (once a target is marked you know its position until you lose LOS), but I would like a second opinion

Last edited by Trill on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion... All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: