Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

erik wrote:Is there a survey to determine this, or you just went by descriptions?
I looked at the descriptions.
  • Does all the work in group projects (Fighter)
  • Drinks IPAs (fighter)
  • Drinks too much coffee (monk)
  • Sits on counters (monk)
I'm sure I'd match single points on others, but those two jumped out.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

shau wrote:Wizard/barbarian/ranger. Actually I am missing a lot of wizard, but I think the fact that I keep buying books I don't actually have time to read best describes who I am right now.
I am a Ranger/Barbarian/Wizard as well.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Yeah. I just ignored about 1 pt each. 2 if I thought another descriptor was very on point.

I didn't know what a lush store or IPA was before this survey (but I do now), but I totes failed hard at uni despite being a national merit scholar with 1510 sat. Turns out skipping classes and never sleeping at night is a good way to fail (Well, not literally fail, but massively underperform). So, sorcerer/fighter.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I can kind of see what those descriptions are going for (at least for some of them), but I don't see how any actual person would hit three in any of them. It's a stretch to say I kind-of-sort-of hit two in a few.

I guess I'm a cleric because I'm a weeb who doesn't like spicy food? Though I suspect when they say "spicy food" in the context of cleric they mean "food that has any flavor at all" and not "food that is spicy hot," because boring religious connotations. But I'm calling it a point anyway, because my girlfriend dumps enough black pepper and red pepper flakes into her meals to leave me coughing, so it's actually kind of relevant.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I hit all 4 in the ranger one, or what do you mean?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I have not actually seen Titanic, but otherwise I hit all the points on Paladin.

-Username17
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

FrankTrollman wrote:I have not actually seen Titanic, but otherwise I hit all the points on Paladin.

-Username17
Did you avoid watching it because you thought it would make you cry?
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

I seem to be a ranger/sorcerer, interestingly.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

I kinda wanna see Frank's social justice blog.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Depending upon what "mom friend" means, I hit all 4 for cleric. But not as strongly as other classes, which is why it isn't in my top 2.

Does mom friend mean a mother fucker?

Asking for a friend.
Last edited by erik on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

I took it to mean the friend that your mom likes. As in, "why don't yoi hang oimit with Matt anymore. He's such a good boy."
-This space intentionally left blank
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I took it to mean "friend that takes care of/worries about the others".

Urban Ductionay seems to back me up
Last edited by RobbyPants on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Ranger does seem like it'd be the most relatable. Most people like being barefoot around their home, everyone has stopped to pet a random cat at some point, everyone has gotten stuck on wikipedia for a few hours, and I'm sure most people have used google maps to try and give directions to someone at some point.

Paladin has got 'tries hard' and 'a sweet mess', which are a hell of a lot harder to assess than things like 'runs a social justice blog' or 'has written harry potter fanfic' or even 'is dramatic'. 'Tries hard' in particular makes me go "ugh, I don't know. At what? How hard is hard enough? Fine, I don't dust as often as I should, okay? Get off my back. You're not my mom!"
Grek wrote:I kinda wanna see Frank's social justice blog.
I know he had an old blog about which all I can remember is a post suggesting organ donation on death should be opt-out instead of opt-in. That wasn't an argument I'd seen before (I was only like 19? or something, so I didn't yet know everything about everything like I obviously do now), so it was a good read.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Ran/Sor/Rog here.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Yeah, all of bard applies to me and if I hadn't wussed out at getting a pinkie pie tattoo all of barbarian would too.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

All of Ranger fits me, Warlock fits me pretty well (for a definition of superstitious, and changing "probably" for "borderline"), the only one of Wizard that doesn't fit me is "Fashionable," though I've been told I have a decent eye for putting outfits together, so.. maybe?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

DSMatticus wrote:I can kind of see what those descriptions are going for (at least for some of them), but I don't see how any actual person would hit three in any of them. It's a stretch to say I kind-of-sort-of hit two in a few.
Bitch please, I hit literally all of Fighter (though I hit it a lot harder 2 years ago when I was way too deep in League).

Fighter feeds into itself very well. Playing LoL too much, getting drunk on IPAs, and fucking up your sleep schedule all go hand-in-hand. The group projects thing is just something I do, because I want the achievement for collecting all the -holics.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Barbarian 2/4
Bard 0/4
Cleric 1/4
Druid 0/4
Fighter 3/4
Monk 1/4
Paladin 1/5
Ranger 2/4
Rogue 0/5
Sorcerer 1/4
Warlock 1/4
Wizard 2/4

which I believe makes me a Duskblade.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

That game was pretty fun.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

much better version of that D&D meme:>

Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Ancient History
Serious Badass