Video Games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I know that the mod pack my domme insisted I played with was for a much earlier version. It had a ton of things that I had no idea how it worked and didn't feel like reading novels to figure out, but I was missing a lot of vanilla blocks (the ones I missed that I like to use are sea lanterns, slime blocks, and carpet so I'm not sure what version that was). This was in addition to making my aging laptop shit a brick and crash constantly.

I'm gonna miss Twilight Forest though, that place is really pretty.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Sea Lanterns and Slime Blocks are 1.8 objects, although they got backported to 1.7 by a couple of mods. Carpet has been around for a long time. Twilight Forest, unfortunately, hasn't been updated since 1.7.10, so I'm guessing that was the version you were playing on.
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

Stahlseele wrote:*shrugs*
if it's stupid but it works . .

Furthermore, if you want BETTER TERRAIN GENERATION for a bit of a more beautifull world, try the mod atg-1.11.2-2.1.7.jar / Alternate Terrain Generation by TTFTCUTS. It looks way better. Smoother rolling hills and all that.

Sadly, most of my favourite mods do not get any updates anymore, so i can't really recommend many other mods.

Mekanisn is stil 1.10, Thaumcraft is rumored to be released for 1.11 at some point . . Flaxbeards Steampower Mod has long since been abandoned, as has Ancient Warfare and Millenaire. And the Twilight Forrest. *le sigh* ._.
At least Tinkers will allways be there in some way.
Does ATG have better perofrmance nowadays? I remember trying it in 1.6.4 days and it lagged pretty hard, I had to camp on the edges of ungenerated blocks waiting for worldgen.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

On the forgecraft testserver it has close to no discernable impact on the servers or a clients performance. It was vastly improved it seems.
The only thing still killing TPS is terrain gen in other dimensions than the overworld, nether and end it seems. And that may not be the fault of ATG but of the mod with which the dimensions are made, but i am not sure about that. Technically, ATG should be at work there too so . . eh?
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sun May 21, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Stahlseele wrote:In Mechwarrior, the meta has always been LARGE LASER! ER LARGE LASER! CLAN ER LARGE LASER! MORE HEATSINKS!
It works, with exceptions of course, in both single and multiplayer.
Hell, the Laser-Spam even worked in MECH-Commander 1 and 2 . .
One of the reasons why they did not include a proper Mechlab in MWO and MWLL was the fact that as soon as there is a Mechlab in there, everybody and their grandma always remembers the old Meta of more of the biggest laser you can get and more heatsinks and everybody else as fits. And even if it should not work, it will work because everybody does it and the only counter to it is to do it yourself.
In MW4, 5 or 6 ER Large, no matter if clan or IS, were enough to core anything up to and including 100t Mechs at least at the 2nd full salvo, if you somehow messed up the first one.
In MW3, 4 to 6 Clan ER Large Lasers were scalpels capable of simply shearing off Limbs, especially legs and sometimes heads, at comfortable ranges of 600+m. SOMETIMES you wanted PPCs in the multiplayer, because they so nicely gave heat to the target and fucked with their HUD for a bit.
In MW2 and MW2 Mercs, the progression was always biggest gun. Untill you get your hands on Large lasers. Then you spam that shit and heat sinks!

I will concede to one single point at which Ballistics utterly rule.
Remember MW4 Mercs? The steiner ending with the nazi clan wolf test of position to allow you in? Yes, there you take a Daishi with 3x CUAC20 and call it a day. BECAUSE THAT IS CLANNER BULLSHIT DUELLING!

With EVERY WEAPON in Battletech, be it CBT, MC, MegaMek, Mechwarrior 2-5 or MWO, you have to juggle several things:
Crit-Space (will it fit in physically)
Weight-Space (will it fit into the weight limit?)
Ammo (do i need it, if yes, do i need tons of it to never run out? And Ammo, in addition to again needing both crit space and weight runs the risk of running out or exploding)
Heat-Buildup (how many heatsinks will i need to make firing this not a problem for myself?) because every single weapon, including Missles and Ballistics ALSO produce heat. Aside from the Gauss, which is negligible in that regard.
With lasers, you can cut out all of that bullshit and just look at crit, weight, heatsink and be done with it.

I fail to see how you can try and keep arguing that that is not superior to basically anything else . .
It's once been presented as being an in setting thing for Inner Sphere "Speed Shop" mechanics to offer rich Mechjocks the option to replace their "worthless" ammo-based weapons (& jumpjets) with "superior" laser weapons. The Battletech game: Cresent Hawks Inception has the player slowly upgrading their lance of salvaged mechs by having the in-game mechanics offer modifications replacing ammo-based weapons, and then jump jets, with laser weapons and increased armour.

Now, BT:CHI is apocryphal and potentially non-canon; but it does give credence to the notion that "lasermeching" is noted as being the superior way; albeit the most expensive.
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Sun May 21, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

And in MW2 Mercs you did the same.
And in MW3 and Pirates Moon too.
And in MW4. And in MW4 Mercenaries.
And in Mech Commander.
And in Mech Commander 2.

That is actually one of the biggest disconnects between the fluff and the rules.
Technically, the Clan Omni-Mechs are supposed to be so much more superior, because they can be refitted woth weapons and gear to match mission.
But in pure modability, the IS Mechs are actually better than the Clan-Mechs.
Even if you can not swap the parts about nilli willy in minutes, given a few hours or days, you can achieve the same and more, because the actual omni pods and most ofd the main chassis of Clan Omni-Mechs are not to be modded at all.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

On the west market, Disagaea 5 on Switch outsells Disagea 5 on PS4.

Which is really impressive when you consider that there's about 20x times as more PS4s out there than Nintendo Switches right now.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Also asked this in the video comments but because there's a few people who are smart with minecraft I figured I'd ask here. I'm trying to do this design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x7UvpA ... 5Xl2_DAr9N

FedEx does his videos on console so you typically have to make adjustments for PC, I've already had to adjust the bottom slime launcher to make it work properly. I'm having a little problem with the top secret passage, when I hit the button the top lighting block extends too fast and pushes me out of the way then stays extended until the door closes, making it impossible to fall through to the bottom. Any advice?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i have never been very good when it comes to redstone contraptions, but to me it sounds as if you just need to fiddle with the delay from the repeaters a bit?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

I did that for a bit but I couldn't figure out the correct combination, it either had no appreciable effect or it wouldn't function at all.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

You know how the repeaters work right?
Place down and left or right click (not sure) to move the left stick thingie more to the left or to the right. Each step to the left keeps the signal 1 second longer so if you have two pistons connected to 2 different repeaters and you have the repeaters set to be one step apart, then the one with the one step more to the left will be extended for one second longer than the one with the one step closer to the right.
Also: fuck minecraft redstone, we have mods for this <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

I do have a basic knowledge of redstone (except for observers, haven't played with them muc). I've made automatic pumpkin and melon farms, hidden doors activated by torches, combination switch locks, etc.

EDIT: Actually got it figured out, there were two repeaters at the bottom-most green circuit that needed tweaking, I assumed that since putting two ticks on either messed it up then giving it more wasn't worthwhile. Turns out I needed to set one to 4 and the other to 3.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed May 24, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah, fine, there you go then!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

MTG is getting a MMORPG! Players will get to be planeswalkers, and it's being developed by Cryptic Studios, so hey, this may turn out nice.
Last edited by maglag on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

E3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4IPBiB7SF4
t
The Last Night is lookin goood. A lot more 3D than I was expecting since the demo that came out years ago.

Cup Head is also looking good:

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Will Cup Head ever actually come out? It feels like Duke Nukem Forever at this point.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Longes wrote:Will Cup Head ever actually come out? It feels like Duke Nukem Forever at this point.
Duke Nukem Forever's problem is that it wanted to be a state of the art game, but the state of the art moved multiple times, and each time they basically started over from scratch.

Since Cuphead isn't trying to be state of the art, I feel that we don't have to worry about them scraping their work and rebuilding the entire engine multiple times.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

So Nintendo E3:
-Metroid Prime 4 announced for Switch!
-Metroid 2 remake in 3D for 3DS. Samus can now slap bitches in melee with her arm cannon.
-Xenoblade Chronicles anime as all shit with the main character finding a slaanesh daemon sword sentient blade that projects herself in the form of a generic shonen manga girl. Who the fuck let skyward sword's story director take charge?
-New Mario-Rabbid's crossover in a X-com style tactical shooter where Mario stole Megaman's arm cannon (I would've said Samus since she wasn't using it lately but clearly she's back to bounty hunting). No, I'm not (that) drunk.
-Mario Odyssey allows you to use the eye hat to possess other people and stuff. Including a Banzai Bill.
Last edited by maglag on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Hail Nintendo
Last edited by OgreBattle on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

maglag wrote:So Nintendo E3:
-Metroid 2 remake in 3D for 3DS. Samus can now slap bitches in melee with her arm cannon.
YES! Other M didn't kill the franchise! Take that, Team Ninja!
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

So... does anyone here play DOTA 2?
Half asleep upon my knee
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Shrapnel wrote:
Would be neat if the Nier: Automata or Vanquish team made a Metroid game
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Shrapnel wrote:So... does anyone here play DOTA 2?
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=54617
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

OgreBattle wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
Platinum Games are great, but I doubt they'd ever get hired by Nintendo - they are too closely tied to Sony.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:So... does anyone here play DOTA 2?
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=54617
... Y'know, I had completely forgotten about that whole thread!
Longes wrote:
OgreBattle wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
Platinum Games are great, but I doubt they'd ever get hired by Nintendo - they are too closely tied to Sony.
Wotchu mean, Platinum Games wouldn't get hired by Nintendo? They made Bayonetta 2 exclusively for the Wii U!
Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee