Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Nation States

Post by OgreBattle »

The current state of my state:

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zebonia
The Principality of Zebonia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its digital currency, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 510 million Zebonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 61.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.

The thriving Zebonian economy, worth 53.7 trillion Battles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 105,360 Battles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

No one born in Zebonia can fix a leaky faucet, billions of Battles are being blown on orbital weapons development, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Zebonia's national animal is the Ogre, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.

Zebonia is ranked 60,086th in the world and 1,575th in the West Pacific for Most Influential, scoring 174 on the Soft Power Disbursement Rating.
For a while all business was state owned. Super high tax rate was not what I was aiming for, but all the government projects I supported just wound up that way.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

err, did you maybe mean to post this somewhere else? O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

This or this may interest you.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Bigode wrote:This or this may interest you.
cooool