Fields of Blood info?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Aryxbez
Duke

Fields of Blood info?

Post by Aryxbez »

I'm going to be joining in a D&D campaign that at some point will be using the Fields of Blood: The Book of War supplement for Mass Combat and junk (likely 10th lv, should it get to that point). Albeit DM mentioned will teach the rules when they're relevant, I figured it better to get a grasp of them now to best utilize them. Especially since I'll be playing a [Tome] Soldier, it only makes sense I would know tactics and what not as well. I intend to get this book at some point, but figure better to start with folks who got an eye for spotting mechanics faster than I.

So anyone who's read this supplement*, know the flaws, best options to take/do/avoid and so on?

*Given only Mean_Liar and Heaven's Thunder Hammer seem to be the only ones to have mentioned this on here so far.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Heaven's Thunder Hammer
Master

Post by Heaven's Thunder Hammer »

I read the book a long damn time ago and can't remember what was good or bad about it other than it was really crunchy. Since it's been over a year, mind telling us how your game went?
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Heaven's Thunder Hammer wrote:I read the book a long damn time ago and can't remember what was good or bad about it other than it was really crunchy. Since it's been over a year, mind telling us how your game went?
Wish I could, but it was a classic case of a campaign that never got off the ground on the DM's end, so I never got to play. I do own the book however, but I've only skimmed it, or read a few pages.

[Tome] Soldier would've been awesome for those rules I'd imagine, and I enjoyed the possibility my own PC's backstory getting auto-resolved by the class's 18th level ability, or 17th with World Slaying Strike I suppose.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History