[OSSR] Rifts World Book 9 - South America: 2

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The Psychic Trip of the Neo-Human is pretty rad: the save is made at -2, and if they *pass* the save they suffer -2 to Initiative and -10% on skills for 2d4 minutes from terrible headaches. Not much, but not bad for a failed effect. If they fail, they are just out of action until hurt, at which point they suffer bigger penalties.

They also get Flight (2min/level at 15 ISP), and Hyper-TK that can lift an average of 2,100 pounds per level. If you can find an MDC object heavy enough for that, then dropping or throwing it at people deals 1d4 MD per 200 pounds, meaning you can get to a point where it's kind of funny.

Also the basic Neo-Human that has ordinary rolling gets about 200 MDC from transformation, before including body armour and Psychic Body Field. And any SDC gained from Physical Skills translates to extra MDC when transformed on a 1:1 basis, and they can spend their seven "Other" skills on any physical ones, so if you want to break people with your mind and also your fists (transformation gives Supernatural PS), you can just do that.

As for Capybara time lords, sadly the only time power they get is the fast/slow one. They get a few dimensional powers (closing Rifts etc) as psionic powers but not temporal spells.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Koumei has it right - the Capybara has a possibly-broken haste power, but otherwise their time/space mastery is a disappointment as compared to a number of other options (Temporal Wizards being the most obvious).

I'll be talking about physics fails extensively in the next post. Judging Eagle already brought up the Multiversal Legion's weapons, but I find the Neo-Human super-TK and (especially) the Lardhold bows to be much worse.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
erik
King

Post by erik »

I played Nightspawn once where I was allowed to be a Neohuman (without MDC stuff), it was totes able to keep up with the other various Nitghspawn. They're boss.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

As a character conception, yes, you might want to play an argentine cowboy. But you'd take some Rifts power option instead of using this O.C.C.. Also, something about this O.C.C. seems racist? I'm not sure what it is.
Good call. As the Gauchos of las Pampas were a combination of indigenous, metis, and colonist, peoples; while the owners of the Estancias were generally Spanish descendants of the original Conquistadors and later waves of powerful colonizers of the interior of South America. Argentinians also have a culture that feels more continental Italian, French, and Spanish (ideologically, culturally) than Canada or the US in North America do.

So there's good reason to expect there to be a lot of typical European aristocratic snobbery typically exhibited towards anyone of a supposedly lower class; and even moreso towards anyone who is "remotely brown."
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.