5th Edition Is A Mess

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Aubergine
Apprentice

Post by Sir Aubergine »

I wonder if / how much that app is going to cost. 'Twould be handy for looking up spell descriptions and rules jetsam.
The Denner’s Oath
The Denner, The Denner’s reflection: [in unison] A Denner is unhelpful, unfriendly and unkind.
The Denner’s reflection: With ungracious thoughts...
The Denner: ...in an unhealthy mind.
The Denner’s reflection: A Denner is uncheerful, uncouth and unclean. Now say this together!
The Denner, The Denner’s reflection: I'm frightfully mean! My eyes are both shifty. My fingers are thrifty.
The Denner: My mouth does not smile.
The Denner’s reflection: Not half of an inch.
The Denner: I'm a Denner.
The Denner’s reflection: I... am a Denner.
The Denner: I'm a Denner!
The Denner’s reflection: That's my boy. Now go out and prove it!
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

It's hard to decide if the "obvious mockup of the technology in an over-produced trailer" approach of Beyond is less or more pathetic than the "amateur video of the devs shot on a two-generation-dated iPhone" approach they took to promote Morningstar.
Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

the hell is/was Morningstar?
Sir Aubergine wrote:I wonder if / how much that app is going to cost. 'Twould be handy for looking up spell descriptions and rules jetsam.
$10 a month sounds about right
To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

Rawbeard wrote:the hell is/was Morningstar?
Delicious vegetarian burgers and sausage patties and chicken nuggets and...

OR this

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.ph ... orningstar!
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

oh god, why do they keep doing this?
To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

As far as I can tell, Curse does video, they don't do app-building.

Ergo, this is produced in house by WotC.

Ergo, it's doomed to fail, because the chucklefucks there don't understand that programming =/= hacking fixes upon the kludges put in place to turn the tech demo code into an actual product. See also: MTGO.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

So Game of Bones is looking like it'll be a real thing I and few friends of mine will be playing soon.

Character Creation-wise, what all goes into making a Necromancer, what race/traits/background/MagicalItems/ and so on should be taken for the character specifically? I'm aware of Raise Dead & Magic Jar, but with the assumption the game starts with us having our army raised, and Were-whatever Jar'd into, what else?

I Figure if the Party is gonna be all Necromancers, I could possibly save people lot of time by having the Build already pre-built, so they can just copy, and put down their Roleplaying Traits and so on.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History