The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
How to pay for anime/manga legally online

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: How to pay for anime/manga legally online Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So what are the major sites/services/apps and what countries they available in
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming you want to stream it or whatever, and not order hundreds of DVDs to fill your house up as though this were the early 2000s.

In Australia and New Zealand only, there is Animelab. Since recently regressing into full weeb state* a week or two ago, I opted for the Premium service for this, which is around $7 a month. Without this, you get a delay for Simulcasts, you don't get the option to watch anything dubbed, and there is a single ad before each episode and another at the halfway point. It's affiliated with Madman, which do the majority of anime and manga imports to Australia when it comes to physical media. They were huge back in the era of people buying DVDs, but I don't think they're faltering as it stands, having found ways to stay relevant.

Pretty decent range, although they don't have "the entire backlog of everything we have ever released", I'm pretty sure licensing laws do not actually work like that. It has apps for the Playstation and whatnot, so you can set it up to screen from your TV rather than having to sit at a computer.

That said, everything I just told you is of no use if you don't live in Australia or NZ.

*I can't remember being happier. All it took was going "Actually I don't fucking care what's happening in America or indeed outside this house, time to watch KonoSuba".
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazon Prime actually has a passable anime contingent i think.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the states, Crunchyroll is where most people stream anime online.
TOZ
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find Funimation suitable for dubs, even if their Roku app is shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: