In My Humble Opinion Stickies

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Change the IMHO stickies?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:13 am

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 10

Bigode
Duke

In My Humble Opinion Stickies

Post by Bigode »

Guys, I talked to fbmf over whether it'd be possible to change the stickied threads a bit. My idea was to sticky 3 threads instead of the current Tome threads: a list of the Tome threads, a list of the New Edition threads (because there's some stuff getting left behind, or cross-referencing), and The End of the Matrix. And then the Tomes become threads like everything else - yay or nay?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
KauTZ
1st Level

Post by KauTZ »

I'm all for it if they fix the Tome threads so they look like a proper essay. The indentation problem makes me go cross eyed.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I really hate the sticky list of important threads. Keep the Tome threads sticky please!
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Sorry, Surgo. For the most I'm thankful to you for continuing the Tome .pdf, I didn't even vote (forgot to, nothing to do with you) - but now things didn't go exactly your way. Still, it's not that bad.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

What happened to the formatting in the transfer to the new place? They now all scroll off the side of the screen. It hurts the eyes.

-Username17
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Dunno, in the computers I've been using, they don't ...
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Odd, I can make the window 640 pixels wide before I get a horizontal scroll bar.

While I'd prefer all my pages this way, this is the only page I use that actually does that - the rest have static widths. And this width is too wide for any celular device.

-Crissa