Moments when a piece of entertainment completely rocked you.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

I'm going to get one and keep it in a silk-lined cabinet with my condoms and the good booze.
This signature is here just so you don't otherwise mistake the last sentence of my post for one.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

My wife and I saw "I Am Not Your Negro". Holy shit. That movie needs to be shown to every classroom in the US at least.

There's a question the film leaves the viewer with: A "[EDITED]" is not a thing that exists in the wild. The concept had to be invented by white people. So why then did we need to invent it, and why do we strive to defend that concept?
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I'm in awe at Abaddon for kill six billion demons.
The amount of detail and effort and designing that kind of drawing takes. Just wow.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

erik wrote:I'm in awe at Abaddon for kill six billion demons.
The amount of detail and effort and designing that kind of drawing takes. Just wow.
Holy shit that art though...
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Watched Apocalypto again, it's neat that Mel Gibson talks about wanting to do a footchase that feels like a car chase (harkening to Mad Max?) and then Fury Road kinda felt like Apocalypto in some ways.

Great characters, awesome sets and costumes, and lol that jaguar was so muppety
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

John Wick II was what it promised to be and more

I'm not sure how a John Wick III could end though
Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

John Wick III will end with John killing the President oF MALAYSIAAAAAAA!!!
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Holy shit I just watched Kong and wasn't expecting to see
The ridiculously handsome man Miyavi
show up in the very first scene and have such an interesting story role.

Those two really made the movie for me.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm really disappointed that he had such little screen time, honestly. I'd love a movie that was just the two pilots on Skull Island
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Prak wrote:I'm really disappointed that he had such little screen time, honestly. I'd love a movie that was just the two pilots on Skull Island
The director says if he had power over a sequel it would be a prequel about the duo adventuring through Skull island.

It'd be neat as an anime OVA spinoff.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Legion on FX. It's X-Men meets Twin Peaks and I love the shit out of it.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

"What's Jermaine doing in an X-Men show"
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Oh hell yes. Legion is the tits. That devil with the yellow eyes is some scary shit, tho.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Enjoyed Into the Badlands S1.

Started season 2 and holy cow I didn't know AMC had it in them to deliver that much coordinated violence. The fight in the stairwell, the fight with the shackles, the beheadings.

The lighting and set design and costumes also got waaay better. S1 wasn't bad but S2 has been great.

Emily Beecham has the whitest skin I've ever seen.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

...wait, you're surprised by violence on AMC? I'm confused.
bears fall, everyone dies
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Whipstitch wrote:...wait, you're surprised by violence on AMC? I'm confused.
choreography of the fight scenes, shows like walking and breaking are violent but it's more 'gorey execution' than 'ninja sword fight in a stairwell with chains'
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Get Out was probably the best movie I've seen in a long time.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

Blade wrote:I imagine the deus ex machina at the end of the second is a way to avoid forcing the player to start over from the beginning if he didn't do everything in the right order, but having multiple tries to find the one true way doesn't make it any less jarring that there's only one true path (and nothing that would indicate what it is).
There are multiple ways to gain the information needed to open the final gate; there is no 'one true path', exploration of any of the potential routes through the city gives you the information eventually, you'd have to actively avoid exploring to not get them.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Prak wrote:Get Out was probably the best movie I've seen in a long time.
Warning. Don't watch the trailer, the dipshit idiot cumbag motherfucker who made it is a moron who spoils movies. Unless you don't mind seeing a 2 minute movie with shitty cuts.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I give Fast & Furious 8 three out of five Narutos. Saw it in 4DX with wind and moving seats and water spray so it feels like you're a car with Vin Diesel inside you.

in comparison Return of Xander Cage is four out of five Narutos

There is one grim execution scene in the middle of F8 that feels both out of place and terribly convenient for how the story resolves.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

erik wrote:
Prak wrote:Get Out was probably the best movie I've seen in a long time.
Warning. Don't watch the trailer, the dipshit idiot cumbag motherfucker who made it is a moron who spoils movies. Unless you don't mind seeing a 2 minute movie with shitty cuts.
I don't feel the trailer was particularly spoiler-y, but then I only saw it a couple of times and wasn't paying a lot of attention to it. On the other hand, the first time I saw the trailer I thought "Oh look, Black Pain, The Movie" and then looked it up online and found it was actually being made by Jordan Peele. The trailer is admittedly only vaguely representative of the actual movie.

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Logan. Just Logan.

I had read the spoilers and knew exactly what was going to happen. I was still tearing up at the end.

That movie hit all the right notes to tug at my emotions. It's quite a masterpiece.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Episode 1, Season 3 of Rick & Morty was fun.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I've been watching a ton of Red v. Blue. I've really enjoyed it so far, despite how weird the plot is.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Ancient History wrote:Episode 1, Season 3 of Rick & Morty was fun.
Accurate portrayal of a high level D&D wizard