How long until Trump kills a kid?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

infected slut princess wrote:Not all, just a notable sub-category that includes you.
So you have absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and my express condemnation, and your response is:

"FUCK REALITY, I'M ISP, AND I LIVE IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY WHERE I IGNORE FACTS!"

Fuck you child, the correct response when you spend years insulting someone for something based on your magic feeling detector that knows what they really feel, but you have no evidence, and then they finally get tired of it and challenge you to put up or shut up, and then you are a whiny weasel with no evidence, so you just ask them to please provide you with the evidence that you would need to justify your previous claims of knowledge, and then it turns out they totally just don't believe the thing you claimed when they answer the question is to:

1) Admit you were wrong like a big boy.
or:
2) Shut the fuck up.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Post by infected slut princess »

Kaelik, the evidence is abundant. We know that in your thousands and thousands of internet forum posts, you have expressed preferences. Among those preferences is having men with badges and guns take things from people so that you can have something you want, and if they resist, you think it is justified for the men with badges and guns to kill them. Examples abound. You celebrate the state's violence because your philosophy depends on it.
Frank Trollman's girlfriend wrote: so technically, military actions by the President of the United States, whether he is Obama, the Dumb Terrible One, or the Dumb Terrible Crazy Extra Dumb Horrible Evil Criminal One, is not a legally murder, and so, they are not murders [sic].
Ok, instead of "murdering people" and the trappings of a legal definition, just think "killing people without moral justification."

Killing people without moral justification is generally the worst thing you can do. Is it not the case that Genghis Bush, Obomba, and Trump have all done this? If so, then why doesn't Obama get a funny nickname like Dumb Terrible Guy and Extra Dumb Terrible Retard Guy? Is it because you are a fucking piece of shit who makes excuses when "your team" does something terrible, but not when "their team" does something terrible?

You have two options:

1) Hate all presidents that kill people without moral justification.
2) Be a piece of shit and shut your ugly virgin face.
Last edited by infected slut princess on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

infected slut princess wrote:Kaelik, the evidence is abundant. We know that in your thousands and thousands of internet forum posts, you have expressed preferences. Among those preferences is having men with badges and guns take things from people so that you can have something you want, and if they resist, you think it is justified for the men with badges and guns to kill them. Examples abound. You celebrate the state's violence because your philosophy depends on it.
So you still don't have any evidence besides lying? Because again, that's both, A) not evidence of me saying anything, B) not evidence of me supporting you know, the thing I specifically fucking said I didn't support!
infected slut princess wrote:Ok, instead of "murdering people" and the trappings of a legal definition, just think "killing people without moral justification."
You know what else you could do besides saying dumb things? READ THE REST OF THE FUCKING POST! YOU KNOW, THE PART WHERE I SAID THAT I DISAGREE WITH DRONE KILLINGS! YOU COULD READ THAT, AND THEN ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG!
infected slut princess wrote:Killing people without moral justification is generally the worst thing you can do. Is it not the case that Genghis Bush, Obomba, and Trump have all done this? If so, then why doesn't Obama get a funny nickname like Dumb Terrible Guy and Extra Dumb Terrible Retard Guy? Is it because you are a fucking piece of shit who makes excuses when "your team" does something terrible, but not when "their team" does something terrible?

You have two options:

1) Hate all presidents that kill people without moral justification.
You personally, and literally every human being in the world, has killed people without moral justification. (okay maybe not some kids)

If your system involves claiming that Hitler is just as bad as a guy who doesn't donate all his money to charity because he's trying to save up for retirement, then your system is fucking shit.

If your moral system accepts that there are levels of bad, then the fact that Obama saved more lives than he killed should be relevant in judging him, while not specifically absolving him of criticism for large numbers of drone attacks that almost certainly shouldn't have happened, is still relevant as compared to how he should be judged relative to your average Nixon/Reagan/Bush mass murderers.
Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

nockermensch wrote:Re: Killer robots

At some point in the future, the technology for killer robots will become so ubiquitous that armies will deploy them just to not give insurgents some kind of edge.

For example, for a fully automated killing system, you shouldn't need much more than a Kinect, a servo mounted SMG and software instructions to point the gun to the torso or head of any people at the premises and shoot. Something like this would look like cutting-edge technology 10 years ago and like something a military-themed Youtuber would put together today.

I really don't understand why quadcopters carrying grenades aren't already a thing on battlefields.
As I understand it, one fear is that they will be hacked. Might be good for fighting people who can't fight back, but a problem when against a peer or near peer adversary.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

If they're autonomous, there's no reason they should even have a wifi connection. That doesn't rule out hacking completely, because you could infiltrate the place where they're programmed or reprogrammed and hack them there, or they might be vulnerable to some kind of exploit like using certain images or sound bursts to trick them into translating sensory input into reprogramming, but it does make hacking difficult enough that you can be mostly sure that your drone army is actually on your side.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Considering the possibility that something unexpected goes wrong, having a failsafe is pretty important. For example, we expect the ability to disarm a nuclear weapon in flight. If we can do it, someone else could potentially do so, too. Security coding an army of robots might be possible, but it offers other problems - like keeping track of them without revealing their position.

And it turns out that navigation is still pretty difficult. You don't want your robot army to walk off the edge of a cliff.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

deaddmwalking wrote:Considering the possibility that something unexpected goes wrong, having a failsafe is pretty important. For example, we expect the ability to disarm a nuclear weapon in flight. If we can do it, someone else could potentially do so, too.
I'm led to believe that nuclear weapons don't have that option, presumably for that very reason. Test missiles and, of course, piloted bombers do, but actual missiles, I'm told, do not.
deaddmwalking wrote:Security coding an army of robots might be possible, but it offers other problems - like keeping track of them without revealing their position.
You'd presumably have to keep in touch to some extent, the same way that modern soldiers use radios.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Radio communications would serve the same purpose for bots as for regular soldiers: A way of conveying information through sensory input, rather than directly programming new orders into the machine over wifi. No need to use regular English, either, machine languages will be both easier for a robot to understand and much faster to transmit. A half-second burst of what sounds like white noise to a human can be an extremely detailed briefing to a robot.

All of this is quite a bit more advanced than current robotics technology, of course, which is why drone soldiers require more than just slapping an SMG on a quadcopter.

Re: Disarming mid-operation if something goes wrong, not only are there indeed quite a few nukes that cannot be disarmed mid-flight, the window between a nuke leaving its silo and being obliterated is relatively quite short. An infantry drone can be expected to remain in operation for months or years, so the odds that your wifi-enabled drone will get hacked are a lot higher than your wifi-enabled nuke getting hacked. The consequences are also a lot more dire. Nukes have pretty limited guidance ability, certainly not enough to turn themselves around and hit the nation that launched them. In some cases, they can be redirected to possibly hit nearby allies of the launching nation, depending on when in the trajectory they were hacked, but the main advantage of hacking a nuke is to tell it not to detonate, not to turn it around on the people who launched it at you. Plus, if drones aren't networked together, then if one goes haywire, only one has gone haywire. You can instruct other drones to destroy it. If they are networked together, then one being hacked can mean all of them are hacked and your entire army is now shooting at you until you have them back under control. Likewise, if they're networked together, it's possible that some information traveling through the network will cause all of them to go haywire at once.
rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

Post by rasmuswagner »

I thought this would be a betting pool on how long it's going to take before Trump just straight-out murders someone in public for no other reason than showing that he can get away with it.

Because I'd like to put 10$ on week 12.
Every time you play in a "low magic world" with D&D rules (or derivates), a unicorn steps on a kitten and an orphan drops his ice cream cone.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

Too lazy to search the thread, but here's the link to where he brags about being able to do just that:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/ ... y-support/
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?