The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: 2010 The Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there is sorta an overarching plot involving Megatronus, which is vaguely hinted at by Optimus popping up now and then going "EVIL!"

And yeah, the tone of RiD REALLY makes it not seem like a sequel to Prime. I mean, hell, the show and toyline are explicitly being marketed towards really young (and stupid) children. Prime's target audience was more pre-teen and their Tranfan parents.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So! Transformers 5 is a thing. So is Transformers 6, because Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberger signed on for at least TWO more TF films. Lord help us.

So far, the Bay has remained uncommitted to directing (according to a tweet he made), so that's potentially good news. Bad news: Human stain Don Murphy is involved "pitching process". Anything Murphy is involved in is immediately tainted.

Oh, and the film is being written by the guy who wrote A Beautiful Mind (but also wrote Batman Forever and Batman and Robin) and the showrunner of Fringe.

And finally, there's this terrifying news:

tfwiki.net wrote:
June 8, 2015 The writers meet on the Paramount lot for the writer's room. The writers work for the next three months to plot out the next ten years of Transformers films.

TEN FUCKING YEARS

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like my prediction of Kiss Players is coming true.

By TF:8 will have a combination of Transformers-human romance (maybe not sex, but definitely romance) and humans fusing with Transformers for powerups. You heard it here first, folks.

I'm actually kind of serious on this point. Let's face it: this isn't exactly uncharted territory for movies starring intelligent non-humans. King Kong, Twilight, Planet of the Apes, Ninja Turtles, Robot Monster... what's more curious is that Transformers managed to avoid it for so long. The size-difference/cultural differences/they have no biological sex excuses won't last forever, you know.
Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should just remake the 1986 movie . . without changing anything but the animation errors <.<
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lago PARANOIA wrote:
It looks like my prediction of Kiss Players is coming true.

By TF:8 will have a combination of Transformers-human romance (maybe not sex, but definitely romance) and humans fusing with Transformers for powerups. You heard it here first, folks.

Well, Transformer-human romance has happened before, kinda, outside of Kiss Players. Look at "The Girl who Loved Powerglide". And humans fusing with Transformers has been a thing since 1987, when Headmasters were introduced. The concept was really big in the Japanese TF anime of the era.

Quote:
I'm actually kind of serious on this point. Let's face it: this isn't exactly uncharted territory for movies starring intelligent non-humans. King Kong, Twilight, Planet of the Apes, Ninja Turtles, Robot Monster... what's more curious is that Transformers managed to avoid it for so long. The size-difference/cultural differences/they have no biological sex excuses won't last forever, you know.

Those excuses have been long ignored by the fanfic community. MLP isn't the only franchise with really disturbed fans...

Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, Transformers 5, aka The Last Knight.

It's coming out this year (June 23rd), Michael Bay is directing, and has Anthony Hopkins and the worlds loneliest dog in it. (An aside, Micheal Bay may not be a good filmmaker, but he seems to be a decent person.)

Bay has said this will be the last Transformers film he will direct. But unlike the past three times, it's totally for reals this time.

I'm not optimistic. I mean, I'm gonna see it, because fandom is a fickle mistress, but I fully expect to be thoroughly underwhelmed. Really, my only hope is that the toys for the new film are better than they were for the last one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: