Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

There's one of those AH images we all know and love(?)
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

That cat must be one hell of a hunter.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Post by Shatner »

The "by the power of the moon" bit from Prak's image made me think of these two pages from Kill Six Billion Demons (wherein an elder demon challenges a disgruntled sorority girl to a drinking contest, loses, and violence/hilarity ensues)
Alt-Text: Yes, her full name is in fact now Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire.
Last edited by Shatner on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Leress wrote:Prak, put it in a spoiler.
Sorry, posted it from my phone so I didn't realize how large it was.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Shrapnel wrote:That cat must be one hell of a hunter.
That sort of thing is exactly the reason I have a cat.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Josh_Kablack wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:That cat must be one hell of a hunter.
That sort of thing is exactly the reason I have a cat.
Because you like waking up to Lovecraftian horrors being dropped on your face?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Cats seem to always do fine in Lovecraft books
Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

*ahem*

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

OgreBattle wrote:Cats seem to always do fine in Lovecraft books
If humans responded to threats by killing and eating the offender, we'd do fine too. Wait...
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Looks like Beerus-sama with horns.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Last edited by Ancient History on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Today as a prank, I copied the Dill Doe over to my husband's desktop, opened it up full screen, and just left it there. He laughed so hard his ribs hurt.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

You old meaniepants!
I approve!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Why does the doe have antlers?
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

RobbyPants wrote:Why does the doe have antlers?
Females of some species of deer have antlers. [edit] Further googling tells me that it's mostly reindeer/caribou where the females typically have antlers - but sometimes a female of other species will grow them, too
Last edited by Fwib on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Well, damn.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

...and I suddenly have a use for my Christmas lights.
I imagine they're less comfortable than silk ropes though and you'd want to be a bit careful about the bulbs you choose. To the hardware store!