Low Fantasy Gaming RPG

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Dogbert I like your Terminology you use, and what you support for RPG's. However, when you use odd wordings for things, do make sure to explain, link, or otherwise some way we can reference it quickly enough for sake of conversation.

I was starting to get a bit confused on what is Passive-Aggressive exactly, but it does seem to fit the term. Seems like its most common use, is in fact to simply run away from an argument opposed to saying what you really meant. It's overused to the point I'd rather the person say how/why they're not longer engaging in the discussion, as well to their failure of understanding on the topic.

It is unfortunate the Author of the work Psikerlord seems to have given up on discussion. In part, it weakens my desire to want to read this material, let alone buy it as a customer. As well, that I find the whole "DM is God, Rules=Guidelines" as useless, it's a no-brainer you can change the rules to any game, duh. I'm here to run the game using its capability to emulate X kind of stories, if it's telling me to make up rules (excluding extrapolation of what pre-exists), then why buy/use the product at all for that matter?

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:We're a dead board with maybe a dozen or so active members who in general don't like anything.
I don't think the Gaming Den is a Dead Forum, there is still semi-regular posts happening, even if we do have our discussion droughts. As well that people like me hardly post at times, then post a bunch all at once only to slink away back into lurking.

Beyond that, we could talk about the merits of the new ideas that were presented for this game, and how they're beneficial to D&D and other RPG's? As well, how Low Fantasy RPG could be done, as we've discussed before with other RPG's that were reviewed (how it would be redone like with L5R or Cthulhu Tech)
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History