Immigration for Americans to other countries

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

I strongly recommend that any American wanting to emigrate because of the recent election take a look at Canada. They're friendly, polite, and perfectly willing to take your money. And they want immigrants!

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

For the record, America can keep Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer. Canada can do without them.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

Fine, but you've got to take Michael Moore.
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Deal. At least he's not a child molestor (Dunham) or a rapist (Schumer), merely a hack.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Meikle641 wrote:Deal. At least he's not a child molestor (Dunham) or a rapist (Schumer), merely a hack.
Hold up! I know about Dunham, but what is this about Schumer?
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Berkserker
1st Level

Post by Berkserker »

SlyJohnny
Duke

Post by SlyJohnny »

Whatever, the guy was clearly consenting and conscious. Drunk sex is fun. I don't buy that one it's automatically rape of one or both parties are hammered.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

If I'm reading this story right he was drunk enough to not even be able to see her clearly or control the volume of his voice. The fact that she was able to clearly remember the incident to this level of detail suggests she was not equally so. If the genders were swapped she'd be taken to task by people calling this rape. I think it sounds pretty rapey but if the guy isn't going to complain then I ain't.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

MGuy wrote:If I'm reading this story right he was drunk enough to not even be able to see her clearly or control the volume of his voice. The fact that she was able to clearly remember the incident to this level of detail suggests she was not equally so. If the genders were swapped she'd be taken to task by people calling this rape. I think it sounds pretty rapey but if the guy isn't going to complain then I ain't.
To be fair, SlyJohnny is exactly the type of person who would totally call that not rape if the genders were reversed, or if he was a swim team captain.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

"Drunk sex is fun," says man found on top of woman drifting in and out of consciousness. "Stop being such a buzzkill!"

If your partner is so drunk they repeatedly lose consciousness during the act, no, they are not "consenting and conscious." People who are passed out into someone else's crotch are literally not conscious, and anyone who has consumed enough booze to pass out in someone else's crotch is legally too intoxicated to give consent. That is a level of intoxication so extreme it could be used to successfully invalidate a signed contract; if you faceplant onto the piece of paper in front of the other party while trying to put your name on it, your signature will not survive contact with a court of law on the basis that the other party was aware of your level of intoxication and should have fucking known better.

I do not think Amy Schumer is a dangerous sexual predator. I think she, like 99% of people on the planet, had never thought about that situation before in her life and did not understand the ethical implications. Intoxication and consent is a tricky subject most people don't exactly think about in their free time. Society strongly downplays the notion that you can rape men. It can be genuinely difficult to realize that even as a passive participant you can still be in the wrong. Nothing in our culture is going to help you figure out the ethics and legality of that situation before it's happening, and so I have a lot of trouble declaring hellfire and brimstone for anyone who stumbles into that situation unprepared and makes the wrong call in the heat of the moment.

There are genuine differences between malicious intent, casual disregard, and simple ignorance. Amy Schumer's story is a compelling example of rape culture - even if the genders happen to be reversed - and exactly why educating people can do a lot to reduce the number of rapes. Obviously it won't eliminate them because some people really are just monsters, but while it's kind of weird to say, some rapists are just mild douches or dumbasses who could have been discouraged if they better understood what they were doing.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
spongeknight
Master

Post by spongeknight »

DSMatticus wrote:Society strongly downplays the notion that you can rape men.
Actually, a woman can't rape a man in America. I mean that literally: the law does not define a woman forcefully putting a man's penis into her vagina, or inserting the penis of a man unable to consent, as rape. It's just not in the rape laws. The most they can be charged with is sexual assault.

That's kind of fucked up, right?
A Man In Black wrote:I do not want people to feel like they can never get rid of their Guisarme or else they can't cast Evard's Swarm Of Black Tentacleguisarmes.
Voss wrote:Which is pretty classic WW bullshit, really. Suck people in and then announce that everyone was a dogfucker all along.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

spongeknight wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:Society strongly downplays the notion that you can rape men.
Actually, a woman can't rape a man in America. I mean that literally: the law does not define a woman forcefully putting a man's penis into her vagina, or inserting the penis of a man unable to consent, as rape. It's just not in the rape laws. The most they can be charged with is sexual assault.

That's kind of fucked up, right?
You are a fucking idiot, and you should never ever talk about legal matters ever again.

Every state has different rape laws. Some of them have super shitty laws where when the President of Elect of the United States raped his then wife, it wasn't rape, because there is no marital rape (very few states are this bad), some states have gender in their rape statutes, or define it in terms of penetrating the victim. But those are also not all that common.

But for example, in the three most populous states, what you said is categorically false.

In New York and California, the relevant physical act is "sexual intercourse" which does not at any point say that being the woman doesn't count, and in Texas the law defines the acts separately and says "causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person's consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor;" Or you know, still rape if you are the woman if you cause the act without their consent.

So you are pretty much completely wrong and full of shit, please never pretend to understand the law again.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Oh hey, is it time for the semi annual rape debate again?

No, seriously, these happen way too much here. It makes me long for another fighter thread.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Prak wrote:Oh hey, is it time for the semi annual rape debate again?

No, seriously, these happen way too much here. It makes me long for another fighter thread.
Wizards can rape dogs much faster and with less risk than martials though
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, but neither character has anything on a druid in a snake wild shape.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Well, wizards do have Alter Self at level 3, then good old polymorph and black tentacles combo at level 7.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Prak wrote:Yeah, but neither character has anything on a druid in a snake wild shape.
I have seen enough internet videos to know that there is a way and the Bard will find it.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

So does that mean Centaurs are rape babies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVp3pGLRWkI
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Know how baby horses can walk and run in minutes of being born?
Know how baby human can not even keep its head from snapping its neck?
Combine those two facts and think about it for a second.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:So does that mean Centaurs are rape babies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVp3pGLRWkI
The original centaur, Centauros's, father is Ixion, former king of the group of humans known as Lapiths, and his mother is a cloud.

The centaurs exist because somebody fucked a cloud that was shaped like a woman, and knocked her up.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*cough*Zeus*cough*
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
SlyJohnny
Duke

Post by SlyJohnny »

Kaelik wrote:To be fair, SlyJohnny is exactly the type of person who would totally call that not rape if the genders were reversed, or if he was a swim team captain.
Honestly, I've had you pegged as "probable rapist/definite 'nice guy' " for a while now, just from your avatar.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Kaelik?
A "nice guy"? Do we even have people like that here?
Isn't he the reason why we sometimes measure anger or whatever in milikaeliks?
Last edited by Stahlseele on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Yeah, when I see anime girls with hairdrills I also think "that man's a rapist."

What.

SlyJohnny, I feel like you would give the world's most interesting answers to rorschach and word association tests.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I may be wrong, but I think they're using a different definition of "nice guy".
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee