Election 2016

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Bah, I gotta sleep, and the situation doesn't look good. The best case scenario right now is a slight Hillary win, which is already kind of depressing.

I sure hope I don't wake up tomorrow with you guys under Trump. Good luck.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Well, scratch that: Clinton's firewall collapsed, and Trump is probably going to win, with Republicans holding the House, Senate, and shortly thereafter the Supreme Court. Clinton is going to win the popular vote by less than polls predicted, but she's probably still going to win it.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

The fuck, Ohio?
Well, now I feel nauseous.

Alright, BBC is interviewing some Evangelical fuck (Falwell Junior), and apparently it's officially OK to grope women, because Evangelicals believe that we are all sinners.
Last edited by Voss on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Dow futures are down 600 points due to Trump anxiety.
Covent
Master

Post by Covent »

Trump is pulling ahead...

I don't know what to say.
Maxus wrote:Being wrong is something that rightly should be celebrated, because now you have a chance to correct and then you'll be better than you were five minutes ago. Perfection is a hollow shell, but perfectibility is something that is to be treasured.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Well if I'm reading this thing correctly it looks like Ohio may have made it for the Donald. If he only needs 102 it looks like he's going to get that and more.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Covent wrote:Trump is pulling ahead...

Gaps actually closing a bit with Virginia and Colorado (131-168). Trump actually started the evening ahead, because a lot of his states are smaller rural pops that lead to a quicker count. Most the remaining states are going to be stupidly close or democrat strongholds (Cali).

That said, it is worrisome, because the PA attorney general (or somebody) said turnout was up to around 80%, which is both unprecedented and worrisome, as we've got a lot of uneducated white males to fuck things up.
Last edited by Voss on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Covent wrote:Trump is pulling ahead...

I think the appropriate words are "I am going outside to vomit from terror."
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

So how often do 3rd party candidates get 3-4% of the vote in so many states? Anybody know the history of that or where I could find some easy to gloss over comparisons?
Last edited by MGuy on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

YOU HAD ONE JOB.
Covent
Master

Post by Covent »

My whole family is huddled in one room right now in terror. Seriously my mother who is 63 is comparing this to how she felt during "duck and cover" exercises in grade school.
Maxus wrote:Being wrong is something that rightly should be celebrated, because now you have a chance to correct and then you'll be better than you were five minutes ago. Perfection is a hollow shell, but perfectibility is something that is to be treasured.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Ancient History wrote:YOU HAD ONE JOB.
None of us is as dumb as all of us
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

It's basically down to Florida. Whoever gets Florida is almost certainly President.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Grek wrote:It's basically down to Florida. Whoever gets Florida is almost certainly President.
2000 all over again.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Covent wrote:My whole family is huddled in one room right now in terror. Seriously my mother who is 63 is comparing this to how she felt during "duck and cover" exercises in grade school.
It does have similar levels of abject stupidity. I remember mine, simply because we were also told that since we were on the top floor, we probably wouldn't make it to the fallout shelter in the basement.

Oh good, with 77% counted, she's leading in PA by 3 points. Something.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

MGuy wrote:Well if I'm reading this thing correctly it looks like Ohio may have made it for the Donald. If he only needs 102 it looks like he's going to get that and more.
Clinton did not need Ohio or Florida. In fact, we always knew that she was probably going to lose Ohio and that Florida would be a toss up. The real surprise tonight is the complete collapse of Clinton's firewall; she was the favorite in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, and she is losing every single one of those states.

But it's basically over at this point. Considering the current state of the race and the votes left to count, a Clinton victory would be... statistically astronomical. Her support among white voters collapsed harder than everyone expected. She didn't beat Obama among college-educated whites, at least not where she needed to. She didn't even beat Trump with women by as large a margins as everyone thought. There was a latino surge, but that means fuck all because it happened in states that don't matter. African American turnout is down, partly because of successful suppression (North Carolina). Clinton's coalition was... shit.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Politico just called Florida for the Crazy, though the BBC isn't ready to call it.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Florida seems to have gone Red so there's that.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

It's been pretty obviously red for awhile. Weren't enough votes left to flip it for at least an hour now, media is just reluctant to call it because it's Florida.

The tl;dr right now is that Clinton wins Wisconsin, Michigan, AND Pennsylvania or she's done. She's projected to lose all of them by various margins. There's also bizarro worlds in which she loses one, holds the tiny blue states like Nevada or New Hampshire, and snipes a red state somehow.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Covent
Master

Post by Covent »

I am going to drink a beer and may call in sick tomorrow...
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

DSMatticus wrote:It's been pretty obviously red for awhile. Weren't enough votes left to flip it for at least an hour now, media is just reluctant to call it because it's Florida.

The tl;dr right now is that Clinton wins Wisconsin, Michigan, AND Pennsylvania or she's done. She's projected to lose all of them by various margins. There's also bizarro worlds in which she loses one, holds the tiny blue states like Nevada or New Hampshire, and snipes a red state somehow.
Who are you watching? I'm seeing the opposite in PA (49-47), though Wisconsin and Michigan look bad.

Ugh. I'm so fucking tired of these fuckwits talking about how his 'plain speaking' connected with them and other voters. Can't lie, if you talk plain and look the other man in eye, right? Stupid fucking fuckers.
Last edited by Voss on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Clinton is currently ahead with votes counted, but demographically the remaining votes to be counted should favor Trump. It's the closest of the three, but smart money says it's Trump's.

Here's the NY Times estimate, for example.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mechalich
Knight-Baron

Post by Mechalich »

I'm not sure that's true, while several small countries in PA remain outstanding, several larger urban counties have also not been completely counted. I think Clinton can retain PA in a squeaker. She's also gaining ground in Michigan with a good chunk of the Detroit area yet to report. Wisconsin is the one of the three that looks the worst at the moment.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Heh, well fuck. That's quite a damn wiggle.

In other (Obviously completely unrelated news), apparently the Canadian immigration website has crashed.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

And we've got the new wave of people blaming the DNC for rigging primaries and not electing Sanders. I cannot believe this.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.