DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Hurrah for things not being cancer.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Good to hear.
Hope the treatment isn't too difficult/expensive.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Glad to hear it's not as bad as feared. By "easier to treat", does it mean it's reliably treatable?
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*grmbl*
Appearantly, computer stuff is still not really made for multi monitor goodness.
I went and bought myself 3x25" 2560x1080 21:9 screens and hooked them up next to each other in Portrait mode, not Landscape, and . . it is wonky to say the least.
2 of them complain about my cables not being Dual Link DVI and thus only give me lower resolution, which means i can't actually read stuff on them, only on the screen hooked up via HDMI . .
Furthermore, nothing really looks good on these screens in this rotation, because most stuff is coded for widescreens and thus wastes tons of space on the sides for stuff x.x
BUT! And this is important! Since these 3 screens in Portrait Mode are taking up less space next to each other than my 2x24" 1920x1080 16:9 screens did in landscape mode, i can actually make this work more than if they were in landscape mode, because they are actually all in my natural Field Of Vision and i do not need to turn my head around all the time.
I'll see if new cables of DVI>HDMI-Adapter and then HDMI Cables improve performance on the two screens complaining and try and make this work for a bit longer . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Protip for multi-monitor: if you aren't using HDMI exclusively, you are GOING to have some difficulty. A lot of it. Single-link DVI can't output that resolution, which is why it's whining at you. Don't mix standards, and you'll have less trouble. Good luck.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yeah, i did not think i was using single link DVI in the first place, since my old displays never complained . . but i guess i was and now i am replacing those cables with the correct ones. I have always been mixing the standards.
This is now 3xDisplay on desk, before it was 2x display on desk via DVI and a long HDMI cable to the 65" Plasma TV . .
But yeah, this is basically just me spending money on my hobby, experimenting with wether or not i like it better this way than i did with 2x16:9 in landscape or not . . Maybe i'll try and look around for a Display-Stand for 3x Display above each other, not next to each other as well . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

THAT is in remarkably good condition.
Nice!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Well, I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea (~80 events per hour). I'm 34 and now I have to sleep with a blow dryer on my face for the rest of my life.

In other news, I'm frustrated with family. "There's no evidence to suggest that the land is 'sacred' [to the Standing Rock Sioux]."
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Yeah, that's why I won't do the sleep study. Remember to clean your machine regularly.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Ancient History wrote:Yeah, that's why I won't do the sleep study. Remember to clean your machine regularly.
I was fine ignoring the idea, but my wife was commenting that I would stop breathing for awhile and then semi-wake gasping for air.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Captain_Karzak
Journeyman

Post by Captain_Karzak »

virgil wrote:Well, I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea (~80 events per hour). I'm 34 and now I have to sleep with a blow dryer on my face for the rest of my life."
Me too. I got issued my CPAP machine last Wednesday. I was so excited that I might finally get restful sleep for once in my life. But I'm having a hell of a time sleeping with it on. :doh:

I hope things work out for you Virgil! 80/hour is pretty damn severe apnea! You'll probably feel amazing if you can get used to the CPAP.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

I have a kid now. It's pretty rad.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Well, congrats. Boy or girl?
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Yay!
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Shrapnel wrote:Well, congrats. Boy or girl?
Thanks! Right now more of a baby than a boy or girl.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Shrapnel wrote:Well, congrats. Boy or girl?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

My other question was going to be "Did you get a receipt?"
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Lokamayadon
NPC

Lokamayadon

Post by Lokamayadon »

Congratulations!
Shrapnel wrote:My other question was going to be "Did you get a receipt?"
Mine was going to be "Do you know the mother?"
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Actually, funny story, they sent the bill straight to collections without sending it to us or our insurance.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

The hospitals in Virginia did that too, it was very difficult to get any sort of medical financial aid because there was a very small window between treatment and giving it to collections.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

Congratulations!

Usually hospitals will try to get money from patients or their insurance before sending it to collection agencies, though.
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Yeah, this whole thing has me concerned. I'm on the verge of losing my job because of health issues and it looks like I'll not be able to get insurance either (I'm not sure how long it will take, maybe a few months, maybe the day after Trump is sworn in, who knows?). It is disappointing that I'm going to lose everything I worked for and be in a deeper hole than I started (going to trade school was an idiotic idea and Mike Rowe can bite my ass, my useless two year liberal arts degree has more than paid for itself). What's worse is that I'm only barely functional because I'm heavily medicated. Take away that and I'm afraid I'll become that thing I was beforehand. It almost feels like who I am now is going to die and I'm going to turn into a spiteful, bitter animal again. From an existential perspective this is terrifying me.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

It's totally normal to be apprehensive of the future, especially because the potential downsides are so extreme. But it's also not productive. Nobody knows what Trump is going to do; nobody knows if he and the Republicans can even get along. The Republicans have been united in their opposition to the Democrats; now that they have control of Congress and the Executive we're going to see where they don't agree. Things could get bad, but they aren't necessarily going to. There's a lot of bureaucratic inertia in our government; changing the heads of a bunch of departments isn't going to change culture overnight. There's going to be lawsuits and delays and things probably won't get as bad as they could.

Right now, you can't be denied health insurance. Once you have insurance, they usually can't drop you. I'd recommend getting insurance now if possible - you'll certainly be a much more confident position than if you didn't have it and it wasn't required that they allow you to purchase it.
-This space intentionally left blank
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I accidentally stumbled upon some red pill terminology and now I'm super pissed off that I can't scrub it out of my brain. People are ruining the internet for me.
bears fall, everyone dies