[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Ahead and down. My apologies; I was really tired when I posted last night.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Note: you're still in marching order, which means Archimedes and the skeleton are by the eggs and Malagos and Orr are closer to the beginning of the side-tunnel.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Would an immediate action +3 to saving throws have prevented that? Still got an unused water token. Using it here means I can't try to nauseate it if it works, but I'd be okay with just sickening it no save if this does work. Also, going behind Archimedes and closing eyes instead of into the ceiling if not petrified after entangling trip and sicken
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

<checks roll> Yeah, +3 would do it. This time. Is that what you want to do?
Last edited by Ancient History on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Whew. In my defense I was for some reason under the impression it was really really far away, but hey, at least it worked.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Archimedes fails his strength check. He cannot shift the body on his own.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Everybody gets 700 XP.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Malagos is still unconscious, but can give a sign of approval or disapproval for augmentation vs. simple healing.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

...maybe Malagos is still hungover.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Sorry, work and uni deadlines are kinda draining my enthusiasm (Christmas isn't much of a thing around here). I should be able to start posting regularly from at most after the first week of January.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Does Malagos want to do anything before y'all set off on the next leg of your journey?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I should be back on regularly posting by Wednesday or so.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Does Archimedes require sleep?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

He *can* still sleep, whether or not he requires it is something you have yet to determine.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Still dealing with some stuff at university, but I wanted to pop in to say this.

Anyone within 10 feet of Orr gets immunity to some forms of mind control.
the barrier blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature (by a magic jar attack, for example) or to exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person). The protection does not prevent such effects from targeting the protected creature, but it suppresses the effect for the duration of the protection from evil effect. If the protection from evil effect ends before the effect granting mental control does, the would-be controller would then be able to mentally command the controlled creature. Likewise, the barrier keeps out a possessing life force but does not expel one if it is in place before the spell is cast. This second effect works regardless of alignment.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

OOC it's obviously a bad idea to do this but it's totally in character for the sexually frustrated 47 flavor hybrid Archimedes to be a horny bull right now. But he's cautious and dutiful enough that I think he'd give a half-assed warning to the rest of the party.

ed: Also I apologize for not being on much. Things have been rough for me the past week or so.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Can Archimedes tell if the weakness he feels comes solely from sleeping with the Sea Cow, or if lack of rest had anything to do with it (i.e. does he think that he still requires sleep?)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Archimedes has one negative level at the moment.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Two questions:

1. Can Archimedes fly up in the sea-paths, or is it too narrow to do so?
2. Do the others know that Malagos is using his witchsight?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Most of the paths are too narrow for Archimedes' wingspan. And no, not unless he tells them.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Does the tentacled creature holding Drowning-Squid notice Archimedes (or rather, would Archimedes have reason to think it does?)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

No, her attention seems focused on her current victim.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Does Malogos know if Elemental Siphon abilities can be reflected by them (they're supernatural, not spell-like)? Also, does he know if Orr's magic circle thing protects against these hypnotizing abilities?
Summer Caress: "....This ability functions much like a magic circle against evil,..."
protection from evil: "...Second, the barrier blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature (by a magic jar attack, for example) or to exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person). The protection does not prevent such effects from targeting the protected creature, but it suppresses the effect for the duration of the protection from evil effect
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Malagos does not know. Guess you'll have to find out!
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Did Malagos' sksleton get blowed up again?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I