Shadowrun: Anarchy Sounds Terrible

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Smirnoffico
Journeyman

Post by Smirnoffico »

OgreBattle wrote:How long did it take to move, roll attack/defense, remove casualties for that green tide? I've only played in 1500ish at most
A full turn takes about an hour of real time. Apocalypse timinf the turns is a real thing - you have to be fast about your actions. Usually other players help you move minis and stuff
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Resolving a turn with the Green Tide was actually fairly fast because the player knew his shit. The biggest hold up in that game was the Eldar player who wasn't good at it and then wanted to take his shit and leave after the second turn (which yeah, took about an hour and a half each). That kinda ended the game, which made the other 7 players (and me, as the referee/event runner) very sad.
Rawbeard
Knight-Baron

Post by Rawbeard »

I heard some amazing things about the final release of this... dumpster fire. Like "CGL couldn't even manage to turn in the final pdf without fucking it up" kind of amazing. I can't be arsed to pirate or god forbid buy anything related to SR anymore, so anyone else know more? What I heard is it has missing parts and shit liek that, but I would not be surprised if that WAS the final product. real professional stuff.
To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Without evidence to the contrary, from experience alone, i believe most bad things said and written about CGL.
The SR5 fuckup with the pre release teaser pdf files where people found pages worth of stuff needing to be errataed AFTER having sent that to the printers . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Rawbeard wrote:I heard some amazing things about the final release of this... dumpster fire. Like "CGL couldn't even manage to turn in the final pdf without fucking it up" kind of amazing. I can't be arsed to pirate or god forbid buy anything related to SR anymore, so anyone else know more? What I heard is it has missing parts and shit liek that, but I would not be surprised if that WAS the final product. real professional stuff.
Shit was supposed to be out two weeks ago, for one thing. It just got quietly pulled from prerelease storefronts and CGL went radio silent outside of a meaningless charsheet.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Fiasco is a good narrative game, though. Anarchy is a kind of shitty paring down of SR4 rules unhappily married to a kind of shitty narrative game.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Smirnoffico
Journeyman

Post by Smirnoffico »

Mask_De_H wrote:Fiasco is a good narrative game, though. Anarchy is a kind of shitty paring down of SR4 rules unhappily married to a kind of shitty narrative game.
Fiasco is only as good as the players playing it, which doesn't say a lot about the quality of the game.
But the image is fun!