Black Tokyo
No votes
Something else
13%

Total votes: 32

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Prak wrote:Racial Holy War is a game made by and for white supremacists that has grossly incomplete rules. From what I've heard, it's more like stats for racist stereotypes for a non-existant system.
It's more than that. From the previous thread:
angelfromanotherpin wrote:Last I checked (and I'm not going to read it again to check for updates) RaHoWa was really close to a subversive parody of the white power agenda. This is because all the non-white races in the monster section get actual, if racist, superpowers and white people (despite supposedly being 'superior') get a big pile of nothing.

The best example was the Jew, who could cause people to skip their turn by giving them some money. In addition to creating hilarious situations where one Jew stunlocks you with cash while another one does elbow drops on your neck until you stop moving and they take the money back, it also strongly implies that it is not the Jews who are irrationally greedy. Essentially, RaHoWa was written by people too stupid to get their own prejudices right.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:FATAL is a game that aims for high-simulation and realism, but the attempts to emphasize those things
Yeah No.

Fatal is not about high simulation and realism, it's about people fighting with sex and raping each other. Look at that fucking cover. Look at it.

Also read the rules, it will also become apparent.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Prak wrote:Racial Holy War is a game made by and for white supremacists that has grossly incomplete rules. From what I've heard, it's more like stats for racist stereotypes for a non-existant system.
It's more than that. From the previous thread:
angelfromanotherpin wrote:Last I checked (and I'm not going to read it again to check for updates) RaHoWa was really close to a subversive parody of the white power agenda. This is because all the non-white races in the monster section get actual, if racist, superpowers and white people (despite supposedly being 'superior') get a big pile of nothing.

The best example was the Jew, who could cause people to skip their turn by giving them some money. In addition to creating hilarious situations where one Jew stunlocks you with cash while another one does elbow drops on your neck until you stop moving and they take the money back, it also strongly implies that it is not the Jews who are irrationally greedy. Essentially, RaHoWa was written by people too stupid to get their own prejudices right.
It could be worse. RaHoWa could have been written by 90s Pentagon Reformers.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kaelik wrote:
Prak wrote:FATAL is a game that aims for high-simulation and realism, but the attempts to emphasize those things
Yeah No.

Fatal is not about high simulation and realism, it's about people fighting with sex and raping each other. Look at that fucking cover. Look at it.

Also read the rules, it will also become apparent.
I have.

To be fair, I should have said "allegedly aims for"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I've tried to read the ruled for FATAL, but for everything about rape or shit or monstrous racist stereotype there's literally thousands of boring and meaningless table entries. I'm not saying that FATAL isn't a rape simulator, I'm saying it's a rape simulator that doesn't even do that very well.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:I considered nominating Apocalypse World, because while all the games presented have toxic content, Apocalypse World actively encourages toxic and abusive behavior between the GM and the players.

But *World can't be the worst RPG, because it is not a G at all.
See, unlike say, Fiasco, *World totally IS an RPG. It's just actively fucking terrible.

It's offensive on a different level than the FATAL level (weird, gross, racist, and sexist) or the RAHOWA level (super grossly racist, good catch on whoever caught those hilarious implications about the fact that the "perfidious kikes" or whatever can roflstomp PCs by RAW), it's offensive on the "really really really really fucking bad but even more popular than it is bad level" where it spins off dozens and dozens of terrible copies.

Dungeon World
Monster Hearts
Urban Shadows
Epyllion
Masks
Every other pile of shit made by the actual (figurative) retards (no offense to actual actual retards or to anyone who is developmentally disabled to to anyone whose loved ones might be developmentally disabled, etcetera) at Magpie Games. Because every single one of their highly profitable Dickfarters is "powered by the apocalypse".

Everytime one of these shitsmears makes a game that is "Powered by Quantum Bears" I feel like the little baby jesus cries, someone murders a kitten, etcetera, because here is an opportunity for somebody to actually attempt game design and fucking learn from it, even if the initial result is just a crappy forgettable "whatever heartbreaker", like, at least you ATTEMPTED to design your own game dude, good for you, you probably learned something.

But everyone decides--not unwisely, don't get me wrong-- to suckle from the geyser of cash flowing freely out of D. Vincent Baker's butthole instead. Then you have people like silva who genuinely unironically believe that "*World" is the "greatest roleplaying game" ever made who I almost think need to be like...reeducated, Clockwork Orange style. For the record, I am not saying that.

*World is the goddamned Twilight of goddamned games. The PbtA--which, ironically, phonetically sounds like a raspberry you would blow at someone like me who was already obviously furious to make them even more furious--bubble cannot fucking pop soon enough.

And so on:

Like Twilight, as I already mentioned.

Or 50 Shades of Grey.

Or I'm going to go there and say it despite its ubiquitous belovement by nerds of all ages, because it's the trope originator for "objective badness exceeded only by its enormous popularity"--and yes it's gonna alienate a lot of people--and for the record I actually really like Stephen King and think he's a very good writer so the fact that he really likes this dismays me:

Or Harry Potter.

*retreats for a while*
Last edited by Neurosis on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

I wouldn't nominate Ass World as it has its uses... they're just NOT those its fanboys think.

It's a misery tourism simulator, and for those who actually want to play misery tourism (like say, a 1-shot Cthulhu tale), Ass World actually IS the way to go.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

My group actually asked me to run Dungeon World. Can you guys tell me if I'm doing it right?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:My group actually asked me to run Dungeon World. Can you guys tell me if I'm doing it right?
No, I can tell see were those bears came from.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.