Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Giant Robots

Post by OgreBattle »

Came across a Front Mission-esque indie title:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dual ... ction-game#/

The trailer footage looks good, and they have a playable demo.
Done by a small team in Bangkok, I'll have to visit them next time I'm there. The founder of the company is the lead artist, so it's a game made with a love of mecha design at heart.

---
Junji Okubo of Steel Battalion Fame has also been more active on social media of late:
https://twitter.com/izmojuki

I don't think he's done any video games in recent years though, I don't think that terrible Steel Battalion sequel had him do the art either.

---

Anyone else hear played the Armored Core games? Was the first PSX title I picked up from the import section of ye local olde video game shoppe.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

I've played Armored core 2 and 3, Front Mission 3 and 4, Steambot Chronicles, and Vixen 357.

----

Dual Gear looks pretty good, it's battle system reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles mixed with Stella Deus.
Last edited by Leress on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I've played Armored Cores 1 - 5 and FM 3 and 4 as well. Don't know anything about this Dual thing, Steambot or Vixen. I can say I did not like the last Armored Core (V-Day) or FM so I haven't played either since then. Don't know if those went any further.

Edit: Dual looks like Front Mission to me.
Last edited by MGuy on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

MGuy wrote:I've played Armored Cores 1 - 5 and FM 3 and 4 as well. Don't know anything about this Dual thing, Steambot or Vixen. I can say I did not like the last Armored Core (V-Day) or FM so I haven't played either since then. Don't know if those went any further.
Armored Core hasn't had a new one, FM release FM5 for PS2, but it never was release outside of Japan. It was later fan translated. Later the painfully average Front Mission Evolved, for the PC, PS3, X360.

Steambot Chronicles was more of an sand box mech action game, the was more light-hearted and Vixen was only released in Japan for the Genesis and was a strategy/rpg.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.dualgeargame.com/

This game has a second Indiegogo campaign and it is set to release in the Q1 of 2017.
]