POKEYMANS thread

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

It's likely a snout, as some turtles have

That's a spiny softshell turtle, Turtonator took the spines to 11
Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I finally bought one of the Gen 1 pokemon games for my 3ds. Mostly I was convinced to finally do so because I heard that Sun and Moon will care about them in some way.

So I got Yellow, because as much as I like Beedrill, being able to get all three starters was better.

So far, I'm struck with just how weird Gen 1 is. Gust is a goddamned normal move. I'm wrecking face in Surge's gym with a high-teens sandshrew with Dig.

Oh, and I caught Mew.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Prak wrote:Oh, and I caught Mew.
What?! How? Cheating? This isn't another truck-type rumor thing is it? DON'T GET MY HOPES UP, HAKEEM!
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

You can totally catch Mew via the truck... if you do sufficient memory-fuckage via inventory slots and character name and other shenanigans. It is amazing how hackable the game is within itself.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
jadagul
Master

Post by jadagul »

It's actually pretty straightforward to generate a Mew to catch, and not that difficult, but it requires you do do something very specific. (You wind up loading the special stat value of a pokemon you fight into memory that determines the pokemon that will appear in a certain random battle).[/url]
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yep, that. I caught it in Cerulean.

So, I just beat Giovanni in Viridian City, and I have to say that Paras/ect is ridiculously good in Gen 1. Even with it's limited learnset, it's useful in six of the eight gyms (seven if you get it before Brock through a trade) so long as you teach it a grass type move, and then against 17 or 18 of the 25 pokemon you face in the Elite Four (depending on whether your rival evolves his eevee into a Flareon or not).
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Blue's Eevee evolves depending on how well you did in the first two fights against him earlier in the game (the first at Oak's Lab, the second optional one on Route 22).

If you lose or skip both, Blue will have a Vaporeon. If you win one but lose/skip the other, he gets a Flareon. And if you win both, he'll have a Jolteon.
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ah, I was wondering what determined it. Cool.

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Shit be gettin' weird.

So, whadda people think this is gonna be? I bet it's going to be an uncatchable boss-fight thingy.

On another note, the description says that it's movements look like a little girl's, and after staring at the picture for an hour, I was finally able to see the rough outline of a girl in a dress. Because of this, I'm calling this thing Rāge.
Half asleep upon my knee
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Actually reminds me of Lilligant. That said, as a bizarre, form-shifting horror that stalks the lands and (currently) looks like a sea creature, I'm going to assume it's one of the glitched monstrosities that emerged from the beach of Cinnibar Island.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm guessing it will tie into Zygarde in someway.

Personally, I'm more curious about "Type: Null" since it's just such an unusual name for a pokemon, but nothing has indicated it's special in anyway.

Also, Professor Oak's Alolan Form
Last edited by Prak on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

From what I read about Type: Null, it appears to be some sort of Frankenstien's monster/chimera that Team Skull created, and is used primarily by the emo goth admin dude. And that it's name is awesome.
Half asleep upon my knee
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

UB-01 gives me an Evangelion 2.0 vibe
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Prak wrote: Also, Professor Oak's Alolan Form
Holy shit. I can't believe it. Japan animated a non-stereotypical-racist dark skinned person?
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

They still have plenty of time to play into bad Samoan stereotypes. Though the fact that he's not fat is a step in the right direction.

Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

If Ultrabeasts were going to be the way they bifuricated all the moronic Literal-God-Of-Space-And-Timémon into their own category so that they weren't shitting up every subsequent game's Pokedex, then it would sound like a positive development, but the Pokemon Company sucks the cock of strict continuity and will absolutely leave all of the Actual-Judeo-Christian-Surpreme-Beings-Of-Fire-And-Ragémon right where they've always been and just have these stupid fuckfaces doing their own thing for no goddamned reason.
This signature is here just so you don't otherwise mistake the last sentence of my post for one.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'm expecting it'll be kind of disappointing in the end, but hey, it has a cool (if confusing) name, it looks cool from what we've seen, and altogether the game seems to have enough interesting ideas in it, even if I'm not going to call "a new special category... thing" one of those interesting ideas (subject to further information such as actually reshuffling the superlegendary godlike things into that group).
Prak wrote:They still have plenty of time to play into bad Samoan stereotypes. Though the fact that he's not fat is a step in the right direction.
He also isn't a pro wrestler, which sets him apart from literally every Samoan of which I have heard.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

JonSetanta wrote:
Holy shit. I can't believe it. Japan animated a non-stereotypical-racist dark skinned person?

Bitch, please.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

JonSetanta wrote:
I really hope the irony here was intentional.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Daywolf vs Nightwolf and more Ultra Beasts

https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/7 ... 8479372288
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Am I the only one who thinks that UB-03 Beauty looks like Lusamine?
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The starter 2nd form evos were released. Rowlet's evo, Dartrix, looks like it's going to put on a flannel shirt and be on the cover of Teen Beat in the 90s.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Am I the only one who thinks that UB-03 Beauty looks like Lusamine?
You are not alone in such sentiment. Wonder if the UB's will have some kind of special battle system as they're not classified as Pokemon, like maybe they have multiple parts to hit.

I guess Ruby Sapphire has my favorite starters in all of Pokemon
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Rock type Kahuna Olivia ('Lychee' in Japanese)

Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Sun/Moon demo is out, and a whole shit-ton of new info has already been data mined and leaked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_KfjwyVaoY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpIhRkAlRw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnB7EHQ2XU

The final evo for the water starter is far more awesome than the first stage would have you think...

Also, Dugtrio's Alolan form is dumb as fuuuuucck.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee